Thread: How old do you "feel"?

How old do you "feel"?

I am 64 years young. As i was getting dressed en fem today I noticed that I began to feel much younger. As I put on some shape wear my body began to look younger. Then I pulled up the skirt to be a litter shorter, as a younger person would wear it. I pulled on the stylish black knee length boots that covered up some of the spider veins. Gee my legs look pretty good. The makeup began to remove some of the wrinkles and age that shows in my face when in guy mode. unfortunately only some, not all. ( I wish) To top the look off I went from very little hair on the top to a shoulder length full wig.
    Now when I look in the full length mirror I see a woman 25 to 30 years younger than my real age. That is enough to make me, or anyone else that is a little vain, to cross dress.
    So the question is does it make you feel younger when you are dressed?

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    I feel younger than my chronological age whether I'm en femme or not. Dressing does help with the feeling, however. I also look to be about 20 years younger than I really am when dressed. That being the case I wish I could dress all the time but the area where I live precludes it.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

It may be 'how' I dress that makes me feel young, but 'en femme', I have always felt younger...

DW says I also look much younger.. Wait 'til she sees the new wig we ordered for me for my 63rd birthday..! WOW!
    I feel like a young 'girl' all over again.. If only...
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Dressed to please someone
    Fun to notice, that when I dress up, I must do some extra work to look as old as my masculine ego is.

I don't think I look or feel my true age in either male or female mode. And that is reinforced by comments of others. I was denied a senior citizen discount at a golf course once. The guy even refused to look at my driver's license. But in fem mode, the makeup does a lot of good for me and I look even younger when dressed. And I think my posture is better. Gotta show off those curves.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Post feeling younger

dear sara i am also around your age and i also feel my self getting younger everytime i fully change into my woman self.especially when i put on my wig and then i look in the mirror and i look like a younger person.dressing does wonders for us old dames.love phylisanne

Aspiring Member
    I agree with you but still miss the old days when I was a younger lass. I remember one occasion as a young miss when I looked in the mirror to check my makeup and was bowled over at how pretty I presented. I recall some friend told me at about the same time that I wasn't as handsome as I was pretty. I miss those days. Now I fight the clock, the pounds and the sense of loss.

I tend to still think of myself as being in my 30's although Im 58. When I dress en femme I think I look 10 to 15yrs younger
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

I have always felt younger than my years (66) and do not look my age. I do not know if dressing makes me feel any younger, but as long as I enjoy it - who cares.

For a butterfly very old.

For a mountain barely begun.

For a girl just right.

....Yes I know the last one takes some believing!

Darlene
    Take big bites of life, you only live once!

Old

I am 58 and sometimes when I dress I feel like I could pass for 57.

Groucho Marx said it best.

"You're only as old as the woman you feel."

But I suspect he had something different in mind. LOL
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

I'm 32 and single with no kids. Most of the people I grew up with are married or divorced with multiple kids and are usually busy with family stuff, so I end up hanging around with people in their mid-20s mostly. So it kinda makes me feel like I'm stuck in my mid-to-late 20s.

I recently was hanging out with my brother in my hometown (only 25 min away, but I very rarely go there). We walked into a seedy little secluded bar that I'd never been to (my brother wanted to check it out). People were looking at me and pointing me out to each other. I eventually figured out I had randomly stumbled into my 15-year high school reunion. These people looked bad! The girls all had the same hair they did in high school but looked tired and worn down. A friend on my cross country team had gaied a solid 100 lbs. and looked out of breath drinking his Bud Light. The only thing different about me was my hair and 30 lbs. of muscle.

But when I'm en femme, I feel kinda big. My head is way too big for a girl. So I guess I actually feel a little older. I don't feel like a dainty little girl.

I'm 56 and I feel 35 and it has nothing to do with dressing at all.. I may look youneer when I dress but I just feel fantastic!! After loosing 50 pounds and starting to play ice hockey again!! Life is good.. Ok I can't do some of the neat skating moves I used to and my stick handling has slowed,.... Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

age is really an issue

I'm 57 and I'm with you all in that I sure feel different when I'm en femme. But maybe if I had on makeup and heels and stockings when in drab things would be different there too!

I've still not come to grips with age en femme. I clealy can't be 20 unless in fantasy mode! So, if I'm really going to let Tina roam in the world, how I feel and dress and act seems to be an issue. I'm working on it .

Maybe the real answer to the question posed in the thread is "I don't know how old I really feel, but I feel great!"

tina

How old do you "feel"?

Age continues to be an issue for me. Although I don't look or feel my age,I've always imagined myself to be a young and attractive girl or woman.

I enjoy the styles the younger woman wear and although I think I can look cute, the truth is I don't look 21 anymore. I wish I did, just as I wish I were female sometimes. The reality of it can bring me down. I could still transition if the situation was right, but I'd never be the young girl of my dreams.

I have always been young at heart and that has kept me young, starting to
    show my age but still young at heart. When I dress I always feel even younger and happier, and that in itself will keep you young. Keep smiling everyone, and make sure you have a good laugh everyday. Its too short to be all uptight all the time.

Having fun

Tonya

Never really cared too much about my age, after all it's just a number. If I do look younger when I am en femme it isn't much younger than my current age of 49. There's no way I'm going to pass for a twenty or thirty something nor would I dream of trying to, so I just go with the flow and hope for the best

I,m definately younger than "him", as i was born later than "he" was!!

In male mode my philosophy has always been that 'whilst I may be getting older, I refuse to grow up.' An attitude, I might say, that annoys the heck out of my wife when I mention it to other people.

My aim to grow old disgracefully.

In my fantasy femme world I am a teenager and dress accordingly.

Age is just a number,it's really just how old you think you are that counts
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Hmmm ... I suppose that this is the only thing about crossdressing that makes me feel depressed. I have never seen myself as having aged past my early 20s. I have never felt my age. I think its because I was never able to leave my parent's home until I was 27 .. its a long story as to why .. I think I'll get Jodie Foster to play me in the movie of it. And my feeling of an age comes about as a result of an incredible sadness for all the chances I passed by from my day of awakening, my girl birthday 5 February 1971 when as a boy I was 13 but the girl came to life, through first time out in public at age 12 years later.

And the sadness is that I look at what girls in that age bracket (early to mid 20s) are wearing, cute tops, l.e.i. and Mudd brand jeans, etc and realise that at 50, the look doesn't work anymore. And so I go back to that girl in my mind -- that little tomboy who's full of fun and adventure -- a regular Nancy Drew!

Oh well -- I guess I'll close with word from a song that keeps me going . remembering a rainy night in Kirkwall in the Orkney Islands, as I listened to Radio Luxembourg and they played C'mon Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners and I vowed to live every minute:

These people round here wear beaten down eyes
    Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is,
    But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever.
    Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
    Eileen I'll hum this tune forever.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I guess I feel a little younger when I'm dressed. Other people would have to be the judge of whether I look any younger. I don't try for a young girl look - in fact I even wear a grey-flecked wig. The legs would pass for a thirty-something woman, but the face lets me down. Maybe it's time for botox.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Thank you ladies for all of the great replies. It seems we are all over the board as to weather we feel younger or not. It's great that we have this place to let it all hang out so to speak.
    Thank you again.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Sherry has been getting younger and younger, really!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm 56 and I feel 35 and it has nothing to do with dressing at all.. I may look youneer when I dress but I just feel fantastic!! After loosing 50 pounds and starting to play ice hockey again!! Life is good.. Ok I can't do some of the neat skating moves I used to and my stick handling has slowed,.... Lol
    I'm with u Karen. Getting old "gracefully" is WAY OVER RATED! If u want to stay young, stay active!

When I started dressing at age 50+, I bought age appropriate dresses. And I looked matronly. Beyond that, I was UGLY "MAN IN A DRESS" matronly!
    Once I came up with my special faces, I discovered I had the figure, and now the face, to look good in younger styles. So, Sherry kept dressing younger and younger! Resulting in some of the teenybopper pics of her/me you've seen this year! ( If u missed 'em, just wait until Halloween).

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    I,m definately younger than "him", as i was born later than "he" was!!
    Not sure if that works DJ. That makes Sherry under 10 years old. So, she hasn't hit puberty yet. And I've spent enough time with her to know THAT'S NOT THE CASE!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-02-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!