Thread: Is Sean Avery A Closeted Crossdresser?

Is Sean Avery A Closeted Crossdresser?

Last night I was watching ESPN and they had a story on Sean Avery, one of the toughest players in the NHL. He had played for the NY Rangers before signing with the Dallas Stars a free agent. Anyway they went over how a good player and a fighter that he is when the narrator said that there is a softer & sensitive side. He said that he likes women's fashions and loves to go to all the fashion shows. He especially loves handbags. Of course they brought up his sexuality, is he gay or not? He flat out said no he's not gay and has dated some supermodels. I thought to myself that took alot of guts as a NHL player to admit on national TV that he likes women's fashions. So I was just wondering, do you think he could be a closeted crossdresser at home? If he is and if it came out, that would be a big boost for us CDers,IMHO.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm not sure, Phillyguy

Would that be a plug for CDs, or a "scarlet letter" on the back of Avery?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Would that be a plug for CDs, or a "scarlet letter" on the back of Avery?
    Since its 2008 going on 2009, I would hope it would be a plug for CDers. But you do have a valid point about it being a "scarlet Letter" on Avery,doc.

Felicity

Have to drink to that.

Why does he have to be a CD

So what if he likes dolls and fashion. Why does that make him a CD.. why do you have to label someone? Who cares if he is or if he isn't. Do you really think the world is gonna say 'Oh this tough hockey player likes to crossdress, so I guess it's okay for everyone else?
    He is who is he... nothing more, nothing less.. and I wish the same for me

I don't think it'd be so much about labeling someone. Instead, it would be rather cool if someone mainstream like this gave a deeper endorsement to his feminine side...especially IF it happens to run deeper than just a fondness for handbags and fashion shows. Yeah, I think if these folks were to come forward (you know there are more out there besides Marv Albert), it couldn't hurt when it comes to public awareness or tolerance.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
    So what if he likes dolls and fashion. Why does that make him a CD.. why do you have to label someone? Who cares if he is or if he isn't. Do you really think the world is gonna say 'Oh this tough hockey player likes to crossdress, so I guess it's okay for everyone else?

I agree. with you..he is just someone who doesnt live with labeling people, He is the kind of person we wish everyone was, open and accepting

Quote Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
    Kathy,
    I didn't mean to make it sound like that I was labeling him as a CDer. I just wanted some opinions if he might or might not. I do agree with you that he is who he is,just like I am who I am. I think that it took alot of courage on his part to admit on National TV that he like women's fashions.

Felicity

Have to drink to that.

Gold Member
    Hmmm, well I somehow doubt he is real closeted, cause if that were the case, he wouldn't be talking about these things.

Karren Hutton is obliged to post in this thread, she is a pretty big time NHL fan and will know the deal.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

```````````````````` Wendy Seymone's Avatar
    It's good to see Sean back in the spotlight... Do any of you remember this little story about the Hockey Hearttrob?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008...lack_book.html
    "It's fabulous being a woman"

Its well known that he is in to fashion.. And played and dressed up dolls but no proff about crossdresing. Cosmo radio did a piece on him.. He applied but didn get a job working for Cosmopolital Mag. He's an intern for another fashion magazine and I can't remember the name..
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-11-2008 at 05:30 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

So I was just wondering, do you think he could be a closeted crossdresser at home? If he is and if it came out, that would be a big boost for us CDers,IMHO.

Felicity [/QUOTE]

It would be a great boost for us if more of us were out, not just sports figures and former FBI directors but just regular folks.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I could care less what he wears at home as long as he can put the puck in the net!! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

```````````````````` Wendy Seymone's Avatar
    I wouldn't expect too many goals from this guy... Isn't he like the NHL leader in penalty minutes?
    "It's fabulous being a woman"

Soo..He IS An Absolute Originale in his League!!??
    Not too many out there like him??
    I Like him already, And I do not even know of him..

I know not too many people like him,but he doesn't care. He used to play for my hated rival,the NY Rangers,but when I saw that piece on ESPN about him,I thought what a cool guy.

Speaking of hockey,can't believe those Rangers beat my Flyers last night! ARRGH!

Felicity

Have to drink to that.

As a Devils fan, there was a time last spring when I would have killed sean Avery if I saw him. I'm just happy he's out of the division and conference.