Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Dressing up but still very attracted to woman.

It seems I am a male who loves dressing as a female but wants to still be with a female.

I am confused.

Sometimes I feel I want to be female but I am not turned on by the male body.

????

I just love the look and feel of the female body on me.
    Last edited by Sandra; 10-10-2008 at 07:44 AM. Reason: merged consecutive post, please use the edit button as multiposting is not allowed on the forum

It's completely natural to feel confused. I think you'll find most CD's are heterosexual and in no way interested in sex with men. I am not attracted to men at all, but still dress. Everyone is different though, but if you're not attracted to men, then you're simply not attracted to men and should not be worried. Crossdressing and Heterosexuality are not mutually exclusive.
    "I know perfectly well I'm not where I should be"

Me too theres nothing wrong with you,you just love to dress and look as good as you can.I'm totally hetrosexual,but i just feel right getting dressed as a woman,from clothes to makeup,shoes and wig.Then i also love being a man,don't be confused just enjoy our gift.

Nikki

Loving it

I can spend hrs showering, cleaning my face, attaching my breast forms, corset, hose, shaving, makeup, hair, mascara, earrings, neckless, jewlery and I have just started to use womens perfume (female-fermones).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Perhaps how you feel is contagious - because I've got just the same symptoms!

Darlene
    Take big bites of life, you only live once!

Easy to understand if you accept the premise:

Gender presentation is not connected to sexual preference.

How we prefer to dress and what we wear does not dictate who we desire to have sexual relationships with.

A SuperHero Macho Male presenatation doesnt mean "hetro" .. actually doesnt mean Gay either ... just means it how someone presents.

SuperCamp girly guy doesnt mean Gay .. or straight or bi ...

as for me ... spending 80% of my time en femme doesn't mean I dont like the way my bits work or that I would rather "be" a woman .. just means I like to present as feminine to the world.

So, relax and enjoy who you are.
    Relax and enjoy your sexuality.

Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    A lot of people have asked me why i don't fancy guys due to the fact that i dress like a woman and i always tell them that just because i choose to wear women's clothes doesn't automatically mean that i've suddenly turned off my feelings for women and that i'm going to get cozy with a man
    That is the misconception that many people have and it is one that is never likely to go away.
    They never once think that girls can be lesbians.
    As far as i'm concerned, i'm a straight man who wants to become a lesbian woman.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Of COURSE. Liking the LOOK of a wonan's body is a Hetrosexual guy thing. Its a wonder more guys dont CD (perhaps more do than we think)

The BIG mystery is why SOME GAY guys CD, as they are interested sexually in MEN and "manly" things Apparently CDing for a Gay and a Hetro are based on different motivations and desires.

That assocoation with "Gay" and CD arises from school kid stories when we were told by a equally ignorant peer or an adult afraid to say too much that a "Homosexual" was a guy who thought he was (or wanted to be) a woman.

Somehow the true definition--a guy sexually attracted to other guys got lost--or at least relagated to "something else gays do" status in the minds of most people who never bothered to look up "homosexual" in a dictionary or other relyable source.---And kept beleiving the kid's definition even into adulthood.

I agree with Mirani. Just as driving a big 4 X 4 pickup truck doesn't raise my testosterone levels, neither does painting my toenails or wearing panties lower it. Those are just socially assigned indicators for gender that are often confused with biological sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve View Post
    The BIG mystery is why SOME GAY guys CD.
    Not a big mystery at all .. unless of course we stereotype.

If only we would see people as individuals with differring values / choices / options / desires / hopes / expectations / fantasies / circumstances / backgrounds / opportunities / responsibilities / etc, then we wouldn't keep giving people attributes that they don't give themselves.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

I have the same feelings

I also believe it is completely natural to have the feelings your having. What I know and what I have researched up to this point is that most crossdressers are heterosexual. For what ever reason we enjoy all the feminine things that woman do. This does not mean we have to like men, or want to be with men. Some of us do and most of us do not. I know when I get all dressed up as Trisha I do not want to be with a man, I do not find the male body attractive at all. Now the female body on the other hand, that is a different story. giggles.

The best advice I can give you is to enjoy your girly time, be who you are, and remember that just because you dress up as a female doesnt mean that you have to be attracted to men.
    trisha

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Dippy View Post

Darlene
    Wow, contagious it is. I feel exactly the same way.......luckily for my wife lol.

Banned Read only
    And what you may find is that it is not necessarily the female that you are attracted to, it's the feminine.

Hence the guilt of being attracted to trans women, despite the fact that you know that they may be or started out as biological males.

The attraction to the feminine is for me a big part of why I dress. It's not a desire to attract anybody, per se, but a desire to become closer to that which I admire...

(Much the way that non-athletically inclined couch potatoes emulate their sporting heroes by wearing their favorite player's jersey, maybe! To get closer to that which they know they cannot ever really be... )

Your cool hun most of us have these feelings it's normal.
    Angie

Im heterosexual. Dressing up actually makes me feel closer to women. It's hard to explain, I guess I just want to be one of the girls and enjoy the fun things they get to do and wear.

What you like to wear doesn't have anything to do with your sexuality. WOmen wear male clothes all the time, the still like men.

Exclamation Love dressing as a woman.

I'm with you all! Love dressing as a woman but not attracted to men.

I know a lot gay men, and crossdressing so totally not their thing!

I believe that it's more of a straight guy's thing to do. But of course, everybody's different and it really is just a personal preference. I never really understood why so many people automatically assume that all crossdressers are gay - not that it doens't happen, its just not as common.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Devine View Post
    They never once think that girls can be lesbians.
    Too true.
    I'm straight & may not fully understand the female side of me yet, but I do know that she's a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    (Much the way that non-athletically inclined couch potatoes emulate their sporting heroes by wearing their favorite player's jersey, maybe! To get closer to that which they know they cannot ever really be... )
    Very good point Deja.

There are so many ying/yang hurdles such as this to find a comfort zone with.
    I personally know where I sit with this one, see above, but still have a few more I need to find my happy place with.
    So I guess all I'm saying is just take them as they come and you will find the answer you are looking for.
    And being here and having a sounding board to discuss things like this is already a big help.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I'm attracted to women more for their beauty, and feminity. Its not really a sexual thing. Its more respect. I'm still looking for the right woman oneday to fully accept me, but I'm quite happy being who I am, and dressing alone, or with a lady friend up the road, but in no means are we together as partners.
    I have found though in recent years that I've been attracted to some males. This maybe because my feminine side has grown stronger. I've had some flings with men, but I still prefer women though, but like I said, its more a envy-ness I have with women.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

The Bible says to, Love thyself.

We r just doing what we r supposed to! And taking it up a notch or two!

Personally, if I see any sign of a man, (Robert), when I'm dressing, it ruins the image for me! And is a big turn off! I guess I'm straight after all?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Dippy View Post

Darlene
    How very clever! Me, too.
    Mary

dressing

I would suggest that about 80% of us on here are men that love dressing in ladies clothes and are not one bit attracted to males. Love dressing up and I love being with women.
    Janet

You are all absolutely correct. We love women and we love the clothes of women. One time I was sitting at a table with a gay couple a lesbian couple and me. Somehow we got talking about crossdressing and both gay men said they never had the urge to do that. I found that very interesting.
    Trisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    And what you may find is that it is not necessarily the female that you are attracted to, it's the feminine.

Hence the guilt of being attracted to trans women, despite the fact that you know that they may be or started out as biological males.

The attraction to the feminine is for me a big part of why I dress. It's not a desire to attract anybody, per se, but a desire to become closer to that which I admire...

I totally agree with this statement very well put , Like seeing a white male wearing a Bush jersey he doesn't really want to be Bush or does he? Im thinking he admires him for his skills as I do women in the attraction I get from them. You see every CD has a certain style in which they dress, most love being exposed in lingerie because it is what they admire.