Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering

Just Wondering

Hi
    ....I don't Thread in this section much ..but was just wondering ...Do you always feel the need to be in a skirt or dress ..hose and heels to feel your softer side 100%?...I myself use to feel it was a necessity...but sometimes just leaving the skirts in the closet and wearing jeans ... nothing spectacular on top gives me a much more comfortable and to be honest more natural feeling when just going out for a walk about the village or even a drive for coffee..of course a little make-up is always necessary.....can't go out without lippy and mascara
    Sorta Like This
    Attachment 73428
    Last edited by Sherlyn; 11-20-2008 at 06:47 PM.

I luv jeans and to tell the truth one of the biggest things that I get satisfaction from in my dressing is to try to wear outfits like da GGs are doing. Capri pants are da bomb too but getting late in the season for them.

Sometimes I go with skirts but it is rare...one thing is that for a guy I have a really big butt! So jeans or capris really highlight that feature I got.

By the way sweetie nice pic!

I'v tried pants but I just can't find a pair that works for me. I would love to find a nice suit that would look great on me but I just do not have the right body.
    Trisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

I quite often put on a wig and minimal makeup, then slouch about in skinny jeans, a jumper and a pair of fluffy slippers in the evening [obviously tucked, wearing forms and lacy underwear underneath]
    Strangely i often feel more girly like that

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Sherlyn, it's very difficult to imagine----

what I would do, or where I would dare to go. If I could look half as pretty and/or cute as u do! I'm sure there's many others that feel the same way.

U have no idea how much I would love to just throw on jeans, top, wig, and heels, to run to the store sometimes!

I think some of us love your posts and pics so much, because u r kind of living our dream!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I often get home, change out of my work clothes (often femme these days) and put on some slacks and a top.
    I dont feel any less femminine.
    And my partner is responsible for teaching me that letting my femme side out can be achieved by casual wear, light makeup and ATTITUDE.

She always reminds me if my behaviour/demeanour/bodylanguage slips out of kilter. Mind you, this is happening less and less, but I appreciate it when she nudges me back if I slip.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I think if I was a full time dreser I would have the same feeling at times. But either way I would not feel different.

Hey Sherlyn,

You look pretty good in that outfit. But then you always look good anyway

As for me, I usually prefer to be in a dress or skirt.

However, very occassionally I put on a pair of slacks or jeans, and to be honest it makes a nice change. As they say, a change is as good as a rest.....

Luv

Susan

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    I love women's jeans as you can vary your style with a shoe and top change. Plus I blend better doing the day-to-day stuff running errands etc. Like GGs I reserve skirts and dresses for more specific occasions .
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Sherlyn,

Great question. I know of lots of CDers who say that skirts and dresses make them feel more feminine, and I can understand why.

Me? ..... I can feel feminine just putting a pair of high heeled shoes on! However, it is fair to say that I do wear my fair share of skirts and dresses. Do I always reach for them when we go out? ... no ... but it is usually my first thought.

I think my choice depends on where I'm going and what the occasion is. If I'm going out on an errand or I'm just hanging out at home, or I'm around a TG friend's house watching a movie and eating pizza, then you will often find me in in jeans or capris. In the winter I like denium skirts, tights and boots. In the summer it's shorter skirts, and summer dresses. So to directly answer your question: "Do you always feel the need to be in a skirt or dress?" No it's not something I "need" but it is something I tend to go for more often than pants.

Hugs
    Rachel
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 10-11-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Lets hear it for causal

Don't get me wrong I like wearing heels and hoses and everything esle,but the more time I spend en femme I've become a fan of not dressing up. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make the girl in me happy. Cotton panties, jeans , cami tops, and keds can do it . Throw on a necklace and earrings and I'm feel just as much a girl as if I was wearing a prom dress. Maybe not quite as much, but petty close. If you haven't tried it don't knock it.
    Last edited by Always Susan; 10-11-2008 at 11:11 AM.
    I will forever and always be Susan....

Not really....I can feel the same wearing jeans as I do a skirt or dress....I think for me it's its the "total package" as much as where it's more feminine to have a skirt over jeans....

I feel feminine just wearing a pair of heels and not much else, as I am at the moment, to being all put together down to nails....I think once I put something on that is of the female attire my female side kicks in....and goes from there....

```````````````````` Wendy Seymone's Avatar
    Jeans just seem to fit my lifestyle. Although I still always try to dress appropriately for the occasion... It actually almost has to be like a semi-special occasion for me to even think of wearing a skirt anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's fabulous being a woman"

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlyn View Post
    Do you always feel the need to be in a skirt or dress ..hose and heels to feel your softer side 100%
    I do not.
    Hose are a tremendous help and probably necessary...

HOwever my opinion of the skirt and makeup is that it is the true line between androgynous and CD'ing. I could wear a pretty top, femme jeans and heels and not really feel "CD'ed". However, once the skirt and makeup goes on, THEN I am truely Erin

I do like my femme jeans tho or my femme shorts, they show off my sexy legs, and everyone wants to se those and fall in love with me.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Hi Sherlyn -

Casual is fine for me (BTW you're really cute in that picture), even underdressing can make me feel feminine.
    ColleenW

Aspiring Member
    Hi Sherilyn:

When i am going out for dinner or Shopping I like a skirt or a dress, as I find that it makes me feel more femme, and great when out for an evening.

When I am travelling I try to blend in with the crowd, and will mostly wear slacks or jeans.

Regardless of what I am wearing, when i am out fully as Denise, i feel comfortable either way wearing either a skirt , dress or slacks

Denise

Skirt or dress!!! Always!! Ok if it's 20 below then maybe a pair of slacks.... but never jeans....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I love my girl jeans, they let me blend(sort of) but at home I like the yoga pants and my forms with a cool cami top, very comfortable

Huggs,
    Cassie

Great responses..and I actually am surprised at the amount that say they feel no change ..that's great news tells me that clothes don't necessarily make our softer side shine thru ..its just naturally who we are ..Thank-You for the reply's

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Renee View Post
    I love women's jeans as you can vary your style with a shoe and top change. Plus I blend better doing the day-to-day stuff running errands etc. Like GGs I reserve skirts and dresses for more specific occasions .
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Hard to explain, but I think it is how the clothes make you look and how you feel. A female can look totally sexy wearing loose mens jeans or tight womens. I enjoy the challenge of wearing the tight clothing because if it fits right anyone looking would not be able to tell I'm physically male...the other part is they fit like a second skin which makes you feel naked in a way...generally only women experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Seymone View Post
    Jeans just seem to fit my lifestyle. Although I still always try to dress appropriately for the occasion... It actually almost has to be like a semi-special occasion for me to even think of wearing a skirt anymore.

Your look great in that black top and jeans, Wendy I love wearing jeans with a nice low neckline top and with my plunge bra.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

When I first started to dress up it was the usual dresses and skirts. Now that I have been there and done that, I am pretty much happy in my hiphugger jeans and t's or sweaters when it's cooler out. I have many skirts to choose from, but time to time I wear them.

I guess I fall in the "regular girl clothes" catagory.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Now it is not so much the clothes that give me the feeling of femininity, but more of my attitude of who I am inside. Don't get me wrong,I LOVE skirts and dresses, but would love to just wear jeans and a t-shirt as long as my makeup is right and I have the right fondation wear underneath. To me the whole concept has to do with the inner me(girl) getting out and to project that inner girl on the outside, whether it be in a skirt or dress or just jeans or slacks.
    Striving for acceptance.

Sherilyn you look great in jeans or pants plus you don't stand out from the other ladies. Save the skirts and dresses for night or special events. When I was out during the day I would wear jeans or slacks.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN