Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was the first thing you wore that you bought for yourself?

Smile

A sexy black babydoll nitie with matching panty of course. So long ago seems like yesterday! Lagrge department store (The Boston Store) the S.A. was so helpful and nice that I was back the next day buying vantiy faire panties and a half slip!!

First purchase

Pantyhose from Walmart when I was fifty, and then more pantyhose from J C Penny.
    Lois

I haven't got the slightest idea! It was probably a pair of shoes!

Panties

I was so terrifies going into a Sears & bought a 3 pack of nylon pink panties when I was 12 - 13 years old. I was scared to death, but it was well worth the embarrasement.

My first items were a matching bra and panty set and a night gown , that was probably about 25 years ago and was purged a short while later . I should have accepted myself back then I would have saved a bunch of money and had some things that were irreplaceable . Tomara

It was a long time ago but it was Most likely pantyhose And I believe they were Leggs.
    Angie

I was 16 at the time. Those first items I bought where a pair of black stirrup pants, knee high nylons and a pair of black sling backs flats. I had them for a 3 days, freaked out that someone would find them and threw them all out. Those where three of the best and most anxious days of my life.

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    Panties and Bra from Ross at Valentines Day. What a rush! That was years ago, but remember it like it was yesterday! Before I always 'appropriated' my sisters' things.

loves shoe shopping
    I think the first item I bought was a one-piece swimsuit from a store called Bi-Way. No, it wasn't a store for bi-sexuals, but I guess bi-sexuals could shop there if they wanted to. Bi-Way was a discount chain store with locations all over the place in Canada, I think, but then they closed down about 10 years ago. There's now a new chain store called The Bargain Shop which is similar to Bi-Way, but on a much smaller scale.

Bi-Way's clothes were really cheap and I think I bought my first bra and panty there as well, a cute and shiny pinkish-purple set.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

the first time WAS the very first time

The avatar shows the stockings and platforms, along with that I had my wife's garter skirt and a black pullover shirt. It was the very first time I dressed, I did it to model it for my wife, and she immediately wanted to by me a dress! Loved that first time

tina

The first thing I bought was something I had had my eye on for ages.
    There was a small local shop near my house and every time I was in there I was so much attracted to the hosiery/pantyhose display stand. It was like love at first sight, I knew I had to buy a pair of tights. Over the next few weeks I planned my attack until one Sunday morning, just after finishing paper round (I was 14 years old)) I spent my just earned money on a pair of barley black woman’s tights. It felt so good buying them, what a rush!

I rushed home and locked myself in the bathroom. I studied the packaging for a while, excitedly reading the instructions and descriptions as if they were expecting only women to be reading them, I felt so feminine at that point.

my first item purchased and i recall it fondly, was when i lived in st louyis (going to college). I went to the nearest Target and i just had to buy some girly clothes....u know the urge. anyways, i roamed the clothing for a long time, desperately trying to avoid being caught in the girls section. well as time progressed, i knew i had to find something. so in nervousness, i grabbed a black leotard. And of course one had to have tights. So i looked for some.

well when i got home and tried it on (i lived w/ a friend, but i had the prtivacy of my own room) and lo and behold, the leotard was a thong leotard. BUt i loved it. And i would have still had it, but i purged it when i moved to illinois, to "nmarry" my ex girlfriend.

Straining the old memory bank on this one ... not counting the items I lifted, the first actual purchase had to be matching blue full slip and panty from JC Penny ... in the late 60's. Still have the full slip but it seems to have shrunk over time.

The first and only thing that I've bought for myself so far (I'm still young, living at home, and have access to my mom's things) was a pink lace bra and a dark red ribbed turtleneck sweater. I don't have them anymore since I threw them out while temporarily quitting four years ago but certainly wish I still did.

Panties in 1963
    ColleenW

I purchased some blue satin panties from Fredrick's.

A dress, size 20. I must have been beet red. I said it was for my girlfriend who was about my size, but better built. The sales assistant was very helpful but also had a smile that said: But I survived and had that dress for years.

My first was a satiney type Burgundy PJ set with short sleeves round collar and covered buttons with elastic waist cuffed shorts/tap pants.

I really liked that set & wore it a lot.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

It was a beautiful satin jumper I saw at this store window on Broadway in Chicago. I didn't know if I would have the courage to try it on.... but it looked so tempting that I went inside and asked for it. The fitting room had huge mirrors and I fell in love with it at once. Before I made it home that day......I realized I needed new underwear to use it with.....so I got it too! Just about a half-a-block from the apartment I spent my last few dollars in a make-up kit! I lived on Dearborn then and needless to say that that night I was dearly born!
    [SIZE="3"]Kyara Ximena[/SIZE]

Dreams are betther lived than dreamt!

The 1st thing I ever bought was a pair of black tights/pantyhose in a shop called Owen Owen in Liverpool, when I was about 16. The poor lady who served me was so embarassed, & couldn't get me out of there quick enough. That was the start of many shopping trips.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    The Makeup I bought a few basics to practice with once I had read a few books, and voila

*hugs*

Zara

nail polish on the toes. never looked back!

My first purchase was a sportsbra from ebay. I bought 5 bra's couple panties and some cute tops since then. All from ebay because i am too scared to buy them in a real store.

The disadvantage from ebay is that you have no clue if the bra is gonna fit perfectly :s

Two thongs at Macy's, one white, one black. I told the SA they were for my non-existant girlfriend!

It's hard for me to say exactly where I started. I'd go shopping for guy's clothes with my Mom on her credit card and I would actually pick out stuff like women's slacks and turtlenecks with lame excuses like "they're out of this in the men's department". Most of the time I got away with this. As for real CD shopping I guess my first find was some cheap makeup items at a drug store in 1975 which I proceeded to purge a couple of months later. My first real solid clothing purchase was a red disco dress in 1977 which cost me $27.