Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first thing you wore that you bought for yourself?

A tank dress from either Victoria's Secret or Frederick's of Hollywood. I ordered over the phone while I was still living at my parents' house. My step-father was home and the phone in my room was just an extension. I was really nervous when I bought that dress.

Black suede thigh boots for £10 from a sale basket outside a shoeshop in Weston Super Mare, of all places!

I asked if I could return them if 'my girlfriend' didn't like them. Wasn't actually seeing anyone at the time...

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

Smile February 5th 1971

For me that day is THE day! That's when I bought a pair of nylon bikini panties .. purple with lilac trim and a training bra. I was all of 13 years old. G C Murphy's 5 and 10 was the place. It is my fondest and most precious memory.

For the whole story see (and pictures of the first bra - not the actual bra or me in it -- but a replacement bought a few years back):

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...1&postcount=45

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...29&postcount=3

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Pair of wedge heeled platform sandals. Serious heel for a newbie but a lot of fun to wear. Aged 19. Now its lots more shoes later and I still regret purging that pair.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    It took me a few years to do it, cause I was so frightened about the reaction I'd get, and plus, I was in Ballarat, Vic. where I was known by a few people.
    But it was about 1994/5. I was about 23. I bought a beautiful flowing nightgown. I loved it, and was so proud on that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Definitly pantyhose for me, It was in one of those mail order gigs. Where they would send you new ones every so often, Boy I was in heaven. That was a great time of life.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

In my early thirties, a simple pair of dress flats. The fear in my heart standing in line at the store almost made me faint. I remember the SA calling me sweetie and I went out thrilled.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Strappy high heels, thanks to Ebay
    Suzanne

First Things

Well for me it was about forty years ago. My parents were going up North to our cottage for a weekend. I couldn't go, had to work. I went all out, bought my first wig, blonde. First LBD, black nylons, bra, slip, panties and garter belt. And black four inch heels. All, I borrowed from my mom was some makeup. When I finished dressing and had a look in the mirror, I just went WOW!! what a rush!! Still remember that evening like it was yesterday.

Huggs, Renee

Smile

A demin knee length skirt, followed by a pair of panties that say "wink if you (heart) me" and pantyhose. The panties and hose I will be wearing this Halloween. Will post photos. :-)
    LOVE YA!

For me it was some purple microfiber thongs I found at target when I was about 17. I was sooooo nervous walking up to the cashier.

A pair of No Nonsense Light Support Pantyhose, size B, tan in color.
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

I either bought knee highs, pantyhose or panties. I don't remember which. I do remember that what ever it was it felt good on.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

A pair of women's flats, about 50 years ago.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    The first things I bought was some panties and pj's. I'm thinking about going to Goodwill and buying me some jeans and shirts.

Aspiring Member

full-slip

I was 18, and bought a full slip, and matching 1/2 slip, and panty...all in yellow. I was dying to get home and get them on.

I was in my twenties, I went to a 7/11 and bought a pair of ill fitting pantyhose. It took me a couple more years to buy anything else, but I do still have the first pair of panties I bought, I think I will frame them and display them in a place of honor.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

My first buy was at 13 and I went to a costume store and bought a ballerinas outfit including ballet shoes.I loved the leotard with a tutu.Unfortunately that was purged a long time ago.

Pattie O

Pantyhose, and a week or so later I went on a girl lingerie buying spree. I bought panties, bra's, a full slip and more pantyhose. Still remember that.

About 5 years ago, I was 19 and got back into crossdressing. Well it started off with panties, but eventually led into other clothes. But the first thing I bought for myself was a white lace thong. One size too small, but I still managed to wear it and have it today.

Would you believe that I don't recall??!!

I think the first thing I bought for myself was a pair of panties and a pair of mtaching theigh highs. Both were black and the panties had white lace w/ a little bow in the front, man did they fell good. I could'nt believe I stood there in that store, picked them out, and bouight them w/all those people there. I thought everyone was judgeing me, but in the end I realized it was just my own phobia of being found out. I still remember that day as if it were yesterday.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Just almost a week ago, first purchase was at Walmart at 3am, 4 pairs of panties, 2 thongs, 2 bras, 2 pairs of pantyhose. I wasn't sure of my size, so I got twice as much as I was going to, 2 different sizes. The best fitting of everything was the smaller thong, 2 of the panties fit horribly just because they're too low-rise to fit me properly, and the other two are still lower than they should be. Again, the smaller size fits me better. Both of the bras are a little too big, 34C and 36D. Mostly it's the band, I think I need a 32, but I don't recall them having anything bigger than an A in 32 I'd like to be at least a C

A pair of stockings at the age of 13. After that it was about 25 years before I bought a new blue nylon full slip. I had been buying lingerie for wife and girlfriends with enthusiasm, but they never got the message! Shame!

Aspiring Member
    For me it was a pair of pantyhose at about age 19,and hose are far and away my most numerous purchases over the years. I probably didn't buy any other items of fem clothing till I was 22.