Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dressing OR sex

dressing OR sex

Hi everyone, here's my dilema. My life is 99% perfect at the moment, I can dress when ever I want, wife supportive and encouraging, will be having a week away dressed and will attend a transgender weekend next month.

My wife is not in the best of health and as a result of medication her sex drive is extremly low. Although she see's me dressed more than not, and now finds it odd when I am in male mode the dressing doen't help the drive, she has no lesbian tendancies (that she will admit to) so the sex when it is around has to be planned.
    We were talking last night about the future and it looks that I will be full timing, so the question came up,what was more important, the dressing or sex, I said if I had to choose it would be dressing, I think I could live with it, but cannot live without dressing.

So you girls who have partners who know about you dressing has this topic come with you?
    Stevie B

My GF's exact words were " if you looked any more femme in that dress, I'd be a lesbian" so luckily I don't have to make that choice. I've also been told as long as I don't mess with the plumbing, she's ok with my dressing.

dressing OR sex..why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie b View Post
    Hi everyone, here's my dilema. My life is 99% perfect at the moment, I can dress when ever I want, wife supportive and encouraging, will be having a week away dressed and will attend a transgender weekend next month.

My wife is not in the best of health and as a result of medication her sex drive is extremly low. Although she see's me dressed more than not, and now finds it odd when I am in male mode the dressing doen't help the drive, she has no lesbian tendancies (that she will admit to) so the sex when it is around has to be planned.
    We were talking last night about the future and it looks that I will be full timing, so the question came up,what was more important, the dressing or sex, I said if I had to choose it would be dressing, I think I could live with it, but cannot live without dressing.

So you girls who have partners who know about you dressing has this topic come with you?

Your post really caught my attention. I too think of my life as 99% perfect. I can dress most anytime I'd like, but while my wife is accepting, she is less than supportive and encouraging.

It is my observation that the more "dressed" and "girled up" I am, the less likely it will be that we will have any sexual relations. I completely understand that my feminine appearance is not a turn on for her and so in deference to her I constantly tone down my look so it's at least not a turn off to her.

In a perfect world it wouldn't be either or. I'd choose to have it all. But of course it's not a perfect world....And so it goes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Dressing without sex?

For me, that sounds like fresh apple pie, served cold, without any ice cream on top!

Of course, I don't have an SO! ( Hmmmm. I wonder if those two things r connected somehow?)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Had it both ways

I lived with a gg for 2 years who always wanted me dressed for sex. My second wife found it to be an absolute turn-off, she was totally non-supportive, and very hostile to the idea of my cd'ing. Though she knew about it before we got together. Guess she thought she could change me, I just had to go back in the closet.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    I can't help but ask this...

If you are going to bed, you don't normally wear makeup and wigs do you? So I suppose I don't understand why this is a question. In other words, if it is male mode that she's physically attracted to, and the majority of time you have sex at night before going to bed, and you aren't dressed with a wig and makeup, then you really need not choose.

Or am I really missing something here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

sorry i can't help you. what is sex ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I am going to bed to go to sleep, no make up or wigs..but when one ends up in bed...

Can't you both just work something out that is mutually satisfying?
    When you told her you'd take cd-ing over sex w/her that's probably not the answer she wanted to hear and I'd assume it hurt her feelings even though you didn't intend that.
    I don't get why it has to be one or the other, remember for better or worse, we all have to compromise to a degree sometimes for our SO.

Hope you both can reach a happy median.

For many of us it's not a sexual thing as much as it's an identity thing. I do know of a couple of girls that are concidering full time and possible SRS. They are sexually active as women.

Sounds like she has the concerns of many SO's, if you do go full time will SRS be next and would being with you as a woman make her a lesbian which she is not?

She has a very good point and sounds like she 's looking for some assurance from you. We have set up one night a week for date night with me in butch mode and we do whatever we want to do that is of her desaire (spl?) which gives her the security of being "straight".

As for me looking for sex outside of our relationship as a woman is very very low on my to do list.

HUGS Sandra

Your wife asked you what was more important, sex or dressing, in response to your announcement that you will likely be full time. Yes, it does sound as if she cannot have marital relations with someone who essentially (if not physically) changes gender. And you did make it clear that given a choice, dressing is more important.

There may be more options, but I only see three of them if you are not willing to compromise:

1. Stay in a marriage of convenience, like room mates, and both forego sex if extra-marital sex is outside of your accepted values.
    2. As above, but you both agree to each find sexual partners in tune with what you want. These other relationships hopefully would remain purely sexual, with no emotional attachments. This would complicate things.
    3. You both move on from your marriage, and find partners with whom you can be connected emotionally and physically.

Or, as Jess_cd32 said, find a compromise? It sounds as if your wife has already compromised, with her support of your dressing?

Not an easy choice to make. I wish you both all the best.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-15-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Name clarification
    Reine

Hi everyone, here's my dilema. My life is 99% perfect at the moment
    I truely feel for you ............ your life is about 90% better than mine at the moment and I suspect from your post a whole lot better than your wifes, and yet you want more
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I cant help you either as I have both worlds available. my wife enjoys me being dressed
    Drumming, My other hobby

Former Member
    I have been married for a long time, 20+ years. My wife has known about my dressing since before we were married. She is supportive for the most part. There are lines that I don't cross out of love and respect for her. We have made love while I was dressed but it was something she really didn't care for. It really didn't do much for me either. The wig was hot, my mascara ran and I got a run in my stockings. Even if I would have liked it, I still wouldn't expect her to do something she didn't like to satisfy my desires. That would be stepping over the line for me.

I have no desire to go full time. I like being a man. My hobbies are all male hobbies.....except one. Your desire to cross dress must be very strong. If I told my wife that cross dressing is more important than sex to me she would be very hurt emotionally, and rightfully so. I would never place my own desires before her well being. She has always been there for me and I will always be there for her. She married a man and she expects me to stay a man. For us, it's all about balance. She accepts, and even supports my cross dressing and I know not to step over the line.

I believe you may have a decision to make. Please be careful. You could end up a very lonely person. Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post

[SIZE=2]If you are going to bed, you don't normally wear makeup and wigs do you? So I suppose I don't understand why this is a question. In other words, if it is male mode that she's physically attracted to, and the majority of time you have sex at night before going to bed, and you aren't dressed with a wig and makeup, then you really need not choose.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Or am I really missing something here? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]DD, I'd love to have sex with my wife while I'm dressed, even better if she were dressed too! For me, "Dressed" in this case would be lingerie only. I agree, a wig would probably be knocked off, make-up would get damaged, and outer clothing would get in the way. But a corset, stockings and suspenders only adds excitement for me, and I love to be caressed through satin. With my wife's current atitude to CDing though, it aint going to happen with her, and with my attitude to adultery, it's DIY or nothing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Dragster; 10-15-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Funny, I haven't dressed much lately....and sex hasn't been very frequent either..

So for me its Dressing *and* Sex ???

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    [SIZE=2]DD, I'd love to have sex with my wife while I'm dressed, even better if she were dressed too! For me, "Dressed" in this case would be lingerie only. I agree, a wig would probably be knocked off, make-up would get damaged, and outer clothing would get in the way. But a corset, stockings and suspenders only adds excitement for me, and I love to be caressed through satin. With my wife's current atitude to CDing though, it aint going to happen with her, and with my attitude to adultery, it's DIY or nothing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]
    But if you had to choose as the original poster does? Either dress and don't have sex, or simply don't dress DURING sex?

Personally, I think intimacy is something very vital in a relationship and although you need not have sex to be intimate... it sure helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar

Physical alterations

My wife is accepting if I am dressed en-femme during sex. It doesn't work for me unless I'm really into receiving. Playing the masculine part gets too hot too fast, at least so far. Overall, sex is better naked, for me. And, she does not want my "plumbing" to change.
    Love will find its own way through.

My wife is not accepting. We might have sex every 6 weeks or so. The choice for me is simple. DRESS. Just wish we could do it with me in Femme. But that will probable never happen. Can just dream. Love her but she is not letting me be me.

Omg

I really can't believe the love professed here and in the same respect saying if she really loved me, she would so it my way. Relationships are a two way street. If you can't accept her for what she can handle, but you want you SO give you everything. Because she loves you? Where's your love for your SO? Instead of focussing on your desires, why don't you consider your SO's desires.
    PUTZ

I know I had a difficult time with being initimate with my SO when he was dressed in the beginning. he was very considerate of my feelings and if I was uncomfortable with something (wig or breast forms) in bed, he would change before we got that far. I really felt loved and respected, so in time, I wanted to be able to show the same love and respect for his desires.

now we do just fine in the bedroom dressed or not. but I will stress that he even if we are making out with him dressed as soon as it progresses to the bed, he will ask me if I want him to change. I can't remember the last time I said yes?! LOL

Wow, thanks for all responses.
    Because of her health, my wife has MS, along with the meds sex is a low priority for her. Her worry is that as it was very very important to me, the lack of it now would cause us problems.

I have recently been able to work out my gender and sexual sides, since then sex has not been so important, although nice when it happens.

Going to bed without the slap on etc, I am a bloke, so shouldn't be a problem, but one thing with MS (multiple sclerosis) is it deadens things, there is very low libido, so spontanious intimacy is out. It gets very complicated.

At the moment the queston, if you had to choose what would do, is being talked about for the future.

Couples do split up due to sexual problems, one partner then strays etc. I have no intention of seeking others for sex, our relationship is too important.

It is great that we can talk about all the probelms associated with her health and my CD and all the issues that brings.

I value all your inputs.
    Thanks
    xx
    Stevie B

I agree with MJ, what's sex?

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    It hasn't come up yet, and I'm hoping it wont.

Not a question that ever came up in my relationships... They were all more the blatant chop or not... Guess I lied to them all... Bad, bad, wicked Lisa.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]