Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eek! Told my brother

Smile Eek! Told my brother

It was hard to blurt it out. He was startled. He is age 60. And never would have guessed. Shocked. And asked how long this had been going on? Said, "It is, what it is." Said he would not tell his wife. I wanted to tell someone. My wife knows, but strongly disapproves. She would not be happy if I told anyone.
    Anyone told their brother? Sister?

No but I think they know.

yes i have told every one in my family even my mother but they still love me the same

Toldmy sis

Yeah I told my sister a couple years ago and then right after that she came out to me that she was a lesbian. eek! Can't say I didn't expect to hear that at some point but she kinda caught me off guard. But I love her and she loves me and everything is just peachy.

Yes I have

I've told my brother, his wife and daughter. Not their son as he is kinda a macho type and probably wouldn't get it.

My brother-in-law and his family, no. They are JW's and they don't talk to us much now, they would probably cut us off for good!

Both parents knew long ago, and now they are gone...

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I know that I could tell my sister: she did a practicum on counseling parents of inter-sex infants, and about a month ago she mentioned to me about a homeless transgendered (MTF) person she had talked to for a while at her job -- someone kicked out of their home at age 13 because they were TG . My sister probably knows more about front-line transgendered issues than I do -- I've never run into more than small trouble, easily dealt with.

But I have not told my sister because she has a lot of trouble in her personal life these days, and she doesn't need the extra emotional burden. I know her, and I know that just from my telling her, she would spend a bunch of time researching the issues and thinking about the situation, conceptualizing and theorizing -- not from any sense of doubt or rejection of me, just because that's the way that she deals with all serious issues. But she needs to spend her time and energies now on herself, not on processing cross-dressing theory. I would never hide it from her, but this just isn't a good time to introduce it to her. For now it is enough for me to know that she would surely accept if she did know.

are you kidding.

my brother is so straight and rigid he would probably never speak to me again.
    any disscussion outside of sports is impossible with him.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile No I have not told him.

I would definitely be afraid to tell my brother about my crossdressing. He is straight as an arrow and if I told him, he'd be shocked and probably disown me. Hard to say, but I would not want to find out.

I have told my children, my daughter and son. They both accepted me said that they knew for many years, just not how extensive it was. Never know maybe someday as I become more comfortable with other people I will tell him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Yes I have. I called him one day and asked him if he ever wondered what it would be like to have a sister. Once I said that, he pretty much had it figured out. We're still good.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I told my sister before I told my wife. When I had "the talk" with my wife I said that she was the first to know. Didn't want to upset her anymore than she already was. After about 8 months of her "knowing" I let it out that I had a "talk" with my sis and now she knows. Funny thing, while both of them KNOW neither of them speaks to each other about " the pink elephant " in the room.
    as for saying something to my brother, .... well, er, ... no I haven't and have no intention of saying anything. He's not much more than a Neanderthal when it comes to some subjects. Even though he has a PHD and is quite educated and actually a likeable guy. There are some things that he's TOTALLY against. Any hint of less then "manliness" is a sign of weakness and "doesn't happen in OUR family" Funny that over the last few years when I've visited him at his house or we've gotten together for a family occasion he hasn't noticed my "backward buttoning shirts" or my longer than usual nails. Believe me if he did notice he would say something.
    Just not ready to have to deal with it.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Gold Member
    My big sister and I talked about it. I think she is a bit weirded out but all is cool anyways. We get along so well anyways. My big brother knows but we don't talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post

My brother-in-law and his family, no. They are JW's and they don't talk to us much now, they would probably cut us off for good!
    That would be motivation to tell them
    And what is JW?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    However, after a year here, I felt I MUST tell somebody! My old college girlfriend was the "lucky" winner! Told her via email 2 weeks ago.

I sent her some pics the other day. She thot they were of my "dates", and that I sent them to her by mistake!

(She's more rite than she knows! But I'm not discussing THAT with her!)

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    And what is JW?
    His last name is Wurzelbacher. JW!
    Last edited by Holly; 10-18-2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts... please use the EDIT button to add content or the multiquote function to reply to multiple posts in a single post. Multiposting is not permitted on the forum.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I would never tell my brother .... and if you knew my brother you wouldn't tell him either.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

No I don't have any.
    Angie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have 3 older brothers 2 are arrows 1 is gay and I'm me.Tell them? I don't see the need to.

one daughter knows. will tell the other two sometime soon. Maybe their mother has already told them. Oh well! soon! My wife is out of town tonight and I am dressesd to the nines. Feels great!

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    Not yet. My brother -in -law was visiting a few weeks back. He noticed I was dressed in skirt. My wife's father was an in-the-closet crossdresser... probably still is. So, he took it in stride, taking cues from my wife who is fine with it.
    My dad experimented with crossdressing when the kids were young. It really freaked by mom out. Still does, even though he's been dead for nearly 10 years. She's coming to visit this Monday. I haven't decided what to wear yet. I spend all my time at home en femme these days. So, we'll see.
    Love will find its own way through.

About four years back I told my older sister and brother and my younger sister. I was 54 then. I think they all had a good idea as they must have noticed something since I was about 8 years old.

My older sister listened but initially thought it was just a sexual thing and that it would pass. When she later realized it wasn't she was okay with it but she doesn't want to see me as Samantha.

My older brother was okay with it and has seen Samantha several times and even cuddled her and gave a goodnight cheek peck. He told me that it was a shame I didn't come out fully 10 years earlier.

My younger sister was okay and possibly the most interested. I remember talking to her for about a couple of hours in the market near where I used to live. My other sister had already told her but she was fascinated.

When both my sisters came to visit me a year later it was clear that my older sister didn't want to see Sam so they didn't except for one morning when they saw a glimpse of part Sam. The evening before I had gone to my girlfriends house as Sam to stay for the night and they were both sat around the pool with a drink. I simply shouted that I was leaving so they didn't see me.

On my return I had on a pair of Sam's jeans and a male T shirt. I had removed my make up but had forgotten my shoes so I still had on my strappy HH's which showed my coloured toes. They saw me as I walked in and both commented on how nice I looked. Later my younger sister told my GF she wished she'd seen me (Samantha).
    Last edited by Samantha Kelsey; 10-18-2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: correction
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

In some circumstances, the less known the better. For me, I find that to be true for all circumstances. Joni

I came very close to telling my brother a few years ago, but thought better of it & kept it to myself. There's only my wife who knows about me (I think!).

Yep...

I went through a similar "gotta tell someone" time and told my little sister.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese View Post
    No but I think they know.
    I,d love to be able to come out to all ........ I think most of my family have an idea anyhow ......

Only the wife knows. She accepts it and lets me dress at home and when I go away from our town. However she would have a kitten if anyone around here was to find out especially brothers or sisters of either side.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mellinda View Post
    my brother is so straight and rigid he would probably never speak to me again.

Same with my brother. I love him and he loves me, but as close-minded as he is, there's NO WAY I'd ever tell him. I'd tell my father before telling him. My mom is the only one that knows (and is accepting of it ). I my mom !!!!!

Tell my brother, never. No way would he ever understand let alone accept it.