Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having your own clothes

Having your own clothes

I am a new member in here. In my first thread I mentioned that I was wearing my GF clothes without her notice it. A few members in here told me that it was not right and I should buy my own clothes instead of using her clothes. Thanks to them for the advice because I don’t stop buying since then and I enjoy it so much having my own. But only one thing, I can’t stop buying and it’s already costing me a fortune, when will it stop? By the way I hide everything in the trunk of my car and it’s getting full
    Suzanne

Coda...

It doesn't stop...

Well you can always buy a van...
    Please enjoy yourself...

First off, congratulations on buying your own clothes. You will enjoy it more now that you have your own stuff to wear. As for when will it end? Well, never. You will find that you never have enough clothes. There is always something that catches your eye and you just have to have. My closet is now full of female clothes and my regular clothes kinda go wherever there is room now. haha
    Hugs and Kisses: Samantha

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats happening to me too.I stopped a Wal-Mart on the way home from work tonight for some cat food and walked out with cat food, 3 new tops, a new bra and a very cute sweater.
    Its so funny the check out girl said you buy some really cute stuff when you come in which rack did that come from?Too cool.

Now that you are buying your own clothes and you see how expensive it can get I will give you some advice.

I have been crossdressing for my whole life starting at around 5 years old. I have gone through the full range of emotions and I have tried to stop many times. As part of my way of trying to stop I would purge my femme clothes. I had so many beautiful clothes that I loved and I just gave away to charity etc.

I still could not stop and wound up buying more femme clothes.

So I offer you this advice:

Don't purge and try to keep your clothes in a closet because they will get wrinkled put into bags and left in the trunk. I did this too til I got tired of all the wrinkled dresses and blouses.

Best of luck!

emmi
    xoxo

As you've probably already realised Suzy, it will never stop, & can be quite expensive at times. When I go shopping I always look around the sale rails, & quite often find good bargains. Occasionally though something will catch my eye, & I've got to have it, no matter what the cost. It's good that you've stopped using your gf's things too, that's definitely a no-go area, especially if she didn't know. Don't you have anywhere else to hide your things? I used to work in a garage, & occasionally a car would come in for a service. I don't think the owner realised that the mechanics opened the trunk to check the spare wheel. There wash a stash of female clothes hidden in there, & a few cd magazines! I felt very sorry for him, as when the trunk was opened everyone would come & look, & have a laugh at his expense. Maybe you should tell your gf, she might be helpful.

Good for you for getting your own cloths. Not only will that help you have more courage by buying things yourself, but it gives you a sense of pride in taking care of your own needs and you feel good respecting other's property and boundries.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

The girl in us makes us dress and the girl in us makes us shop nothing you can do hun it's hopeless your doomed.
    Angie

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar
    Beware the PINK FOG is rolling in. Don't let it consume you. Above all else, please don't forget about your girl friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

Thift Store Junkie

Congrats on finding your own way with the clothing, I have never had a gf whose clothes I could wear. I have wide shoulders and a big chest, yrs. of labor.
    I hit thrift stores about once a month, we have several within 10 miles of here. I recently picked up 2 dresses several tops and skirts for under $30. The thrill is in the hunt, you really have to rip through the racks, a lot of tags are missing, most of the places do not bat an eye when you hit the fitting room with an armload. Shoes mostly from Target, a 10 always fits Purrfectly.
    Does anyone else find that the older the cashier the more "snarky" they are?
    The younger girls make compliments on my selections, the older ones tend to smirk.

Living in hiding

Something I realized along the way is that, although the thrill of possibly getting caught was somewhat exciting, the relief I experienced when I finally told my wife was much better. And as a bonus, I can now use the guest room's closet for my stuff

Melanie

Gold Member
    One thing to help you slow down buying clothes -
    Be completely honest with yourself before buying an outift and ask "Am I really ever going to wear this?"
    You know there are outfits we buy but as soon as we get it home it is like "Ugh, what was I thinking?"

And it is difficult but you also need to think "Do I really need another top/skirt/bra/pair of shoes...?"

Ummmm, yeah, hmmm, I have never bought clothes just cause they looked cute... nope, never...
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Still figuring it out MichelleT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Well you can always buy a van

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Self Storage Rentals!

Start with a 6' high by 4' deep one. Eventually u will move into an 8' by 10' wide by 20' deep one! Or, buy a house and use the garage for storage.

Suggestions to help u stop buying and save money?
    NONE! You're doomed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well, Suzy, it doesn't stop, womens clothing is always changing and there is always new things commming on the shelves and racks at your favorite store.
    I wander through the www.lanebryant.com website nearly daily looking at the clothes and searching for the new stuff. Then on saturdays I go to the store and spend a couple of hours there looking and trying on things I think I would like to wear. Then after Lane Bryant there is Torrid, Roamans, Catherines, Jessica London, and Avenue to name a few. Its almost an addiction.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

I used to raid my wife's closet quite regularly. I did have a little guilt over it, but really, not a lot. She thought nothing of borrowing my shirts from time to time. I know, I know...it's different. But it's only different because of the social taboo involved in MtF crossdressing. I began buying my own stuff, and now I have accumulated quite a wardrobe.

I still borrow an item or two from my wife now and then. I'm very careful with her things, probably more so than she is. But for the most part, I wear my stuff.

I'm not sure what to tell you about your trunk. You had better figure something out. Perhaps you could scratch out a place in the garage where she is unlikely to poke around. Good luck.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Wow...I guess I'm lucky... My girlfriend just lent me one of her hoodies. ^_^

She's very aware of me being transgendered and was before we even got together, so yay...

I do have my own pants though. I don't have a job, so I never have much money... it has never has been a problem for me.
    [SIZE=1]I actually go by Emily[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1](Emma's a nickname)[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to wear my wife clothes, she did not aprove, so i started buying my own.I also need more space.

If you buy and wear your own clothes it's not really crossdressing.

Hello Suzy!
    Sounds crazy, but I buy most of my stuff from the Goodwill. Many items have new tags on them still...cute stuff and cheap! After a few wearings I just give them back. Sort of like renting great clothes for $3-4 a go. It keeps the cost down and I trade in for different clothes every few weeks, so it keeps the suitcase I keep everything in less full too!
    Charlie

I started going crazy buying about two years ago and accumulated more than I needed.....I had the same thoughts as you. When will it stop???

It has slowed down. I have a great collection of about 30-40 panties that I like to wear....and I got rid of (donated) the ones that I bought while I was "in heat"....the..."what was I thinking" panties. I have dozen camisoles, half dozen bras, and a reasonable collection of clothes and shoes. Now I buy when I see something I really want and know I will wear....no more compulsive buying....my life is getting balanced.
    Kristen

I agree with some of the post about Goodwill, I've bought a few items there way, way cheap...and maybe a tad short (but that was on purpose!). Another way to save is to hit the summer sales, I just bough a pair of short short and couple of summer tops for less than $15 at Macy's. And shoes...peep toes on sale! It's getting harder to store them all though...I guess I'll have to come out soon, so I can hang them in my closet...

My girlfriend buys a lot of my girl clothes. She wants me to be as pretty as possible, and not tear items from her wardrobe.

The price isn't too much of an issue... Thank goodness for those cheap but fashionably wearable clothes from Primark et al. I think the makeup I use costs more overall.

Well done for starting your own wardrobe, but beware, try to get used to what you have bought already, probably all of us on here have bought just about everything, many of it never to wear, we all start to develop our own style, it takes time, mix and match what you have already and save the pennies for the special items

I find that garage and estate sales are real good places to find clothes cheap. I got a real nice pair of heels that the lady said was only worn once for 50 cents just the other day. Some of the clothes I have found still had the store tags on them. Look around for resale shops like the ones that support the woman's shelter and you can find some real good deals. Also at all of these places you can bargain and get the items for less than what they are asking for them.