Thread: Afraid to be femm in drab

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar

Afraid to be femm in drab

I'm curious to know if anyone feels afraid to look, act, or even being noticed as femme while in guy mode. Being young and new to CDing, I can remember that I've always been afraid and ashamed to be in the woman's section, or doing something that might be considered feminine. Now-a-days, I'm no longer ashamed, but I am afraid that if I were to do something feminine, I might just spark the crazy idea in someone's head that I am a CDer and that I enjoy being a little more feminine.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I do. I guess it's just that pseudo-facade (false face; just like saying that because it sounds like some magic spell, haha) of masculinity that still remains in me that has to impress everyone around me...

I get those same concerns from time to time then I realise that it is just being foolish. Many men do things that could come off as feminine from time to time and nobody thinks that they are gay or cders. It is ultimately the same principle as shopping the womens section, no one knows that you are buying for yourself they just assume that you are buying for some her. If you do something that appears fem if by some strange chance someone notices which they probably won't they will likely just blow it off.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

I get that way sometimes if i try to buy clothes, or look at them. I think it's just the way a person is raised. You know, like how a boy is taught to play in the dirt or with G.I. Joes, and a girl is taught to play with dolls and clothes.I don't know though. I live in the south in a Bible Belt town, so things are still a little backwards here. Does anyone else thhink that?

When younger I used to feel shy, but not ashamed, while buying things for my wife in the lingerie section but not any longer when I even buy for myself. I don't think the SAs bother at all who you are buying for. Can't think of any feminine things I can do while wearing male garb that will betray me as aCD?

Banned Read only
    Baby that's normal. I am kinda shy and when I began my transition I went shopping with my T-mom and often had her buy things for me.

But I have gone to the store many many times in drab and bought women's clothes. Not anymore now that I'm 24/7 but the truth is big stores like K-Mart and Walmart are used to transgendered people coming in and shopping almost everyday.

The salespeople are very accomidating and don't make you feel bad usually.

In time you will become more comfortable.And it won't bother you as much.Especially if you get "known" as a frequent customer.

Confidence is an important thing to have in order to pass en femme.

Aspiring Member
    I have always felt a sense of guilt and embarrassment shopping in a womens dept. Even when I was looking for a gift for the SO. The fear of comments about being a sissy or queer was in the back of my mind. Every once in a while I can skew enough courage ot go shopping for myself. Always feeling eyes in me as I look through clothing, afraid someone would know me. It is very much a psycholigical drain on my body and mind.

Fear is the boogyman, although it should not be. There is really little to be afraid of.

I find it amusing, to be out shopping and to ask for a skirt style, to fit me. I say it just like that, "To fit me."

Nothing happens. The sky does not fall. I can buy a skirt for myself, as a man, and no one cares. Same thing for shoes. If I want some cute heels, I say so, and try them on, to assure proper fit.

We cheat ourselves, to be afraid, and should not do it.

It took me a long time before I would shop for myself. Then I became a Valentine's Day, Christmas, Mother's Day shopper, when it was common for men to be shopping for women's cloths but I quickly moved beyond that. It can still be a little frightening for me but that is part of the fun.

I used to be ashamed of even being in the women's section. :P But that was when I was a little one, and eventually I just came to the realization that just because you're a man in the women's clothing section, that doesn't make you girly. XD Not unless you're taking things off the rack and holding them up to yourself in front of the mirror, haha.

When my girlfriend asks me to hold her purse, I take it and sling it over my shoulder. I don't give a shiite; I like looking girly, obviously. :P

A bit different

When in male mode I have no fear of being in the women's section of stores, but I occasionally go out to the store wearing women's jeans, a blouse, and flats with some jewelry and bra, pantyhose and padded panty underneath, but totally male from the neck up. At these times I feel very conspicuous and feel very self conscious about being in the women's section or the makeup area. I am not sure what I think people are thinking but in my mind I am sure everyone is looking at me. If someone were to observe how I was dressed would they really think I was a crossdresser, or are they more apt to think I am very femme and perhaps gay? There is a part of me that wants someone to look and at the same time I don't want to be seen.
    [SIZE="1"]Hopefully coming to grips with getting older[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]http://360.yahoo.com/randi_789[/SIZE]

Frances in Orange County
    Quote Originally Posted by randi_789 View Post
    When in male mode I have no fear of being in the women's section of stores, but I occasionally go out to the store wearing women's jeans, a blouse, and flats with some jewelry and bra, pantyhose and padded panty underneath, but totally male from the neck up. At these times I feel very conspicuous and feel very self conscious about being in the women's section or the makeup area. I am not sure what I think people are thinking but in my mind I am sure everyone is looking at me. If someone were to observe how I was dressed would they really think I was a crossdresser, or are they more apt to think I am very femme and perhaps gay? There is a part of me that wants someone to look and at the same time I don't want to be seen.
    Perfectly said ... I'm exactly the same. Sometimes I want to be noticed and other times I fear it ... but , thats part of the excitement of shopping. Frances

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    Oops, I kind of let the topic string into shopping by accident. I think I will do just fine shopping, it's just being around my family or others that don't know, I feel like I have the need to hide myself just in case they have that intuitive spark that outs me. Haha, especially around my gay brother. I know that gays tend to have that "gaydar", but I wonder if it picks up on crossdressing, too?

Personally, I love acting femme while in drab. Of course, I kinda look like an ape, so most people find it hilarious when I do. (If they could only see my underwear! )
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I use to be like that. Acting overly masculine is believed (and I don't doubt it) to be a form of denial. As I matured, it got easier to not do everything in the most masculine way possible, and as I began to accept myself, it became even easier to the point where I'm not ashamed to use my mind before muscle.

[QUOTE=randi_789;1468382]When in male mode I have no fear of being in the women's section of stores, but I occasionally go out to the store wearing women's jeans, a blouse, and flats with some jewelry and bra, pantyhose and padded panty underneath, but totally male from the neck up.

Sounds like me except for the bra. The great thing is seldom being noticed. Sometimes I go out in totally male mode except for the pantyhose and flats(I wear my jeans long)... once again, seldom noticed.

Marjory

Hey.... I'm not affraid of acting how I feel............ no matter what I'm wearing...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos