Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military and crossdressing

Military and crossdressing

I'm sure these questions have been asked several times but I was curious about it.

Any one here who is a crossdresser and had military experience can answer these questions.

Did you enter the military with a crossdressing background?

Did you enter the military to serve your country and to put a stop to crossdressing if you dressed en femme before joining?

What branch of the service did you join?

How did you get through the bootcamp training?

Did you still have the urge to dress during the training and if so how did you deal with it?

Did you ever wish to dress during your military service?

How long did you serve?

Did you see action and did you ever crossdress while wearing the uniform?

Did you perform any heroric actions during your military service?

Are you a crossdresser today?

Thank you for replying.

emmi

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    I'm sure these questions have been asked several times but I was curious about it.

Any one here who is a crossdresser and had military experience can answer these questions.

Did you enter the military to serve your country and to put a stop to crossdressing if you dressed en femme before joining?

Did you still have the urge to dress during the training and if so how did you deal with it?

How long did you serve?

Thank you for replying.

emmi
    I joined the U.S. Navy at the age of 18 in 1967. I had been dressing for 11 years prior to this and thought I could 'cure' myself of this 'bad habit' by joining the military where I knew it would be difficult if not impossible to cd. Basic training was three months long and it was actually easy for me to suppress my cd tendencies. I thought at this time that I was well on my way to kicking the cd habit but I was very wrong about this. I served the next four years in the Navy and it was a period in my life that was depressing and frustrating. The desire to cd had returned stronger than ever but this was not an option to me considering my situation of living with other men in a barracks and on board a ship. I was never in a combat situation but I did serve onboard an aircraft carrier off the coast of Vietnam. I did not ever wear any female clothing under my uniform as I did not own any at this time. The desire to cd was always there but the opportunity was not. I was very relieved to leave the military after four years and once I was a civillian again I resumed my lifestyle of being a cd. That was 37 years ago and I am still cd'ing. This is a part of me that will never go away and i am very comfortable with this.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    "Did you enter the military with a crossdressing background?"

Yes

"Did you enter the military to serve your country and to put a stop to crossdressing if you dressed en femme before joining?"

I joined because I was draftable and wanted to control my destiny instead of the draft board controlling it.
    "What branch of the service did you join?"

USAF

"How did you get through the bootcamp training?"

[I]No problems.[/I]

"Did you still have the urge to dress during the training and if so how did you deal with it?"

Yes. I suppressed the urge.
    "Did you ever wish to dress during your military service?"

Yes.

"How long did you serve?"

[I]4 years active duty.[/I]

"Did you see action and did you ever crossdress while wearing the uniform?"

No action other than the occasional fistfight. I did dress at the few opportunities that arose.
    "Did you perform any heroric actions during your military service?"

No, other than some heroic beer drinking.
    "Are you a crossdresser today?"

[I]Yes, and will be until I'm 6' under. Maybe even then.[/I]
    Last edited by TommiTN; 10-23-2008 at 03:34 AM.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Yes

Serve country Yes. Put stop to Cding? No

United States Air Force

One day at a time.

Waited until I was in Tech School and able to leave base, checked into hotel and bought some "cheap" stuff (dollar store) and dressed for a while purged before I went back on base on Sunday night.

I did dress, had my own room in barracks, and then moved to apartment off base.

How long did you serve?

February 1988 - July 1991

I am a Desert Storm Vet and began wearing panties and pantyhose exclusively while on Active Duty.

You mean like Congressional Medal of Honor type stuff? no.

Isn't this question a bit redundant on a Crossdresser forum? Yes, I am a crossdresser today.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I joined the Navy in 1967 and went off to boot camp and four years as a ADJ3. Served two tours aboard a carrier in Vietnam and was discharged in the fall of 71. Before I went in I dabbled with bras and panties but not much else. It didn't really start to manafest itslf as CDing untill I had been married 20years. Then again it was fleeting but when my wife passed I found an opening to further explore my lifestyle and I don't see trying to turn back. I'm still envolved with veterans and their service organizations and frequently dress under my male clothes. Keli

Here are my ansers: hopefully this helps you out..

I did some crossdressing before I joined. not as much as today though

I joined because I almost got beat up when i gave someone the finger for honking at me. At that point I figured if I had to fight, i might as well know how to. Crossdressing was never a factor

U.S. Marines
    Just like everyone else. I was too tired to think about crossdressing
    When I was going through job school, I go tthe urge. I managed to start up a little collection of clothes that I would wear when I was alone in my room.

Sometimes. And I did. I never got caught.

How long did you serve?
    4 years

I stayed in the states my entire enlishtment. No. I never crossdressed while wearning the uniform

not really

Very much so. yes. I am now leaning more towards being transgendered.
    Thank you for replying.
    No Problem Emmi.

emmi

Work in progress fluffy_kingston's Avatar
    I have been dressing since about the age of 7 or 8. I joined the USAF when I was in my 20's because I though it would help me stop. I felt guilty about it back then.

I only got to dress a few times over the next 4 years. It was a mistake to join.

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile loving to crossdress

as my heading states i love being a cd.now to the main question.yes i served in the united statws navy during vietnam.i guess i joined because i always wanted to be in the navy and it was during the draft so i beat the army out and enlisted in 1964.now about my crossdressing ,it was always there but when i went to boot camp i never did anything to show that i was ,after a year in washington dc i was transfered to my ship the uss yorktown cvs 10.thats when i started doing a little dressing ,just putting on the stocking that my girl friend sent me.you had to be very carefull and i never did any thing else till i got out after three years and got married and then i started wearing my wifes stockings.phylisanne

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy_kingston View Post
    I have been dressing since about the age of 7 or 8. I joined the USAF when I was in my 20's because I though it would help me stop. I felt guilty about it back then.

I only got to dress a few times over the next 4 years. It was a mistake to join.
    Please do not ever regret your choice to serve.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I never joined the service. Not being able to dress would've driven me crazy...not to mention all the other discipline you have to put up with. Then again maybe it would've done me some good

Yes, since around 5 years old

Life long dream to Join the Navy, had not dressed since grade school, so it didn't enter into it.

USNR

How did you get through the boot camp training?
    didn't even think about dressing at the time

didn't have the urge at the time

no
    How long did you serve?
    2 years active duty

it was peace time for us at the time

Did you perform any heroic actions during your military service?
    no, not really

yes thats why I am a member here

Thank you for replying.
    your welcome

Tina

Yup, though I didn't tell them that

Mostly to serve and because I had few other options at the time. I DID think they might "cure" me, but that was not my intent in joining

US Army!

How did you get through the boot camp training?
    Simple - boot camp was HHHHHAAAAARRRRDDD in 1983. You were far too tired and exhausted and over whelmed to worry about anything related to CD.

See above answer. The only thing your going to be worried about in boot camp is how to get 5 minutes more sleep.

The wish and desire never leaves. Once your out of boot camp, your life is more like that of a civilian and you WILL have free time and weekends to spend as you like.

How long did you serve?
    12 years active duty

Did you see action and did you ever cross dress while wearing the uniform?
    No action. I worked on a nuclear missile (the Pershing), so if I saw action, we probably wouldn't be having this little chat. If your asking did I under dress while in uniform the answer is no. If your asking did I ever cross dress while I was in the Army the answer is yes.

Yes. I uprooted my family every one to two years and dragged them around the country and world "according to the needs of the Army" for 12 years.
    I spent one consecutive year away from my wife and son to serve my country and so many shorter periods a month here and there that they probably add up to three of four years.
    Trust me - just doing the job well for your country IS heroic.
    (yes, I'm being a little snarky)

Are you a cross dresser today?
    Yup Yup

Thank you for replying.
    Your very welcome and thanks for asking!

I have always felt from a young age I was part female and at a early age would dress. I served 2 active years with the Navy and 21 reserve years and it was then that I would dress my part when on my 2 weeks in San Diego. It was great to walk around the town as a female and look good in doing it but the greatest part is now that I can do it at home and feel that its the real me.

Yes. I started at 7 and entered at 17.

I joined for patrotic reasons and never considered joining to stop CD.

USN

OK

Of course, but I had no problem just keeping it in my mind only.

Only at home on leave.

How long did you serve?
    6 years - '74-'80

No action - Carter years. No, my crossdressing was only at home on leave.

No, but I am very proud to have served and for all those who did.

More than ever.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Yes

I joined to get away from high school and my parents and I wanted to travel. The thought of ending crossdressing never entered my mind

I was a squid. (Navy)

One day at a time

I frequently had the urge to put on any kind of civilian clothing. I just waited it out.

I took hotel rooms when I was in Japan, and I rented an offbase apartment when I was on Okinawa. There was a section of Naha called "the black market" (it wasn't a real one any more, it was at the end of WWII and the name stuck), that had lots of cheap clothing for sale.

How long did you serve?

4 years and 2 days

No, I never underdressed while in my dungarees or dress blues, if that's what you mean. The action I saw was troubleshooting aviation electronics gear.

I was awarded the "gedunk medal" (National Defense Service), which everybody who made it thru boot camp got. I never got anything else but an Honorable Discharge.

Would I be here if I wasn't?

Yes

Yes and no.

U.S. Navy

Like everyone else. Day by Day.

Yes, however you never get the opportunity while in basic.

Yes, and did when I could

How long did you serve?
    20 Years 6 Months

Panties, yes, Stockings(nude) in the winter when not on ship.

No.

Yes.

Thank you for replying.

emmi
    No problem

Yes, since I was about 12

It was either enlist or get drafted in those days so I enlisted. Crossdressing had nothing to do with it.

Air Force

Kept my head down and did what I was told

Probably never entered my mind. I was trying to survive basic.

I'm sure I would have if I had the opportunity. I seem to remember crossdressing when I was home on leave but not otherwise.

How long did you serve?

Four years...1962 to 1966

I spent most of my time in West Germany and France...lots of action but not military related. No crossdressing but I had a lot to distract me with Europe to explore.

I wasn't in a war zone so it was just like a regular job...go to work every day.

Yes.

BTW, joining the service was one of my best decisions. It opened up a career for me after I was discharged and gave me a great experience while I was in. It would have been even better if I got to crossdress at the same time

Did you enter the military with a cross-dressing background?

yes

Did you enter the military to serve your country and to put a stop to cross-dressing if you dressed en femme before joining?

yes

Royal Signals units based in the United Kingdom

How did you get through the boot-camp training?

no problems

i was with the reserve so i had time to dress

no

How long did you serve?

one year reserve

Did you see action and did you ever cross-dress while wearing the uniform?

no i was out before the Falklands war and never while in uniform

no

Are you a cross-dresser today?

worse I'm a transsexual

Thank you for replying.

your welcome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IME, we find we need to dress long before ever we get to join up...

Of the many trans people I know, I'd guess around 25% have some services (inc police, etc) background - I'd suggest subconsciously many of us are trying to prove our masculinity to ourselves?

I know three girls (two RN, one R.Sigs) who transitioned and are still serving, many more who dress and are still in (inc two 'boys' from Hereford).

Me - I spent 17 yrs in the infantry. *'wiggles' at MJ. *

And tights (pantyhose) are always useful, when worn on OPs.
    Last edited by Nicki B; 10-23-2008 at 07:29 PM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I've forgotten the questions already so all I can do is ad lib my answers. I started crossdressing at the tender age of 7 when a cousin dared me to wear panties and a dress. I experimented with the clothes of my three older sisters and when I was 15 I was serious about dressing. I joined the navy at 18 in 1963 and struggled through boot camp. I had two weeks leave after boot camp and was at home when President Kennedy was assassinated. I hid in the basement and dressed in the clothes that were available, (my sisters') while grieving for JFK. I spent the next three years aboard the USS Orion, a submarine tender homeported in Norfolk Va. I bought panties and kept them in my locker and told shipmates that they were souveniers from girls I had dated. My shipmates bought the story about the panties being souveniers and never asked questions. I was able to wear my panties under my uniform several times on liberty. I did not wear them when I was aboard the ship. I was transferred to a destroyer the last nine months of my hitch. Ironically I was only one pier away from the Orion, (so close I could spit and hit it). I was discharged in 1967, and have never stopped dressing, but I have long since graduated from my sisters' clothes to a feminine wardrobe of my own.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    IME, we find we need to dress long before ever we get to join up...

Of the many trans people I know, I'd guess around 25% have some services (inc police, etc) background - I'd suggest subconsciously many of us are trying to prove our masculinity to ourselves?
    I know three girls (two RN, one R.Sigs) who transitioned and are still serving, many more who dress and are still in (inc two 'boys' from Hereford).

Me - I spent 17 yrs in the infantry. *'wiggles' at MJ. *

And tights (pantyhose) are always useful, when worn on OPs.
    LOL the truth is i was trying to prove i was a man and yes i was a police officer as you can tell nothing works .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, lots of Navy gals here

I too am a Navy "gal". I have crossdressed on and off since I was 12. I was commissioned in the USNR at 42, soooooooo. No I didn't dress while in training, no time. Since I am in the reserve I have lots of time that I can dress on civilian time. The topic has never come up. I did not join to quit, it was something I have wanted to do since I was a kid. BTW, there is a Yahoo group called Navycrossdressers but is not very active right now. Hope to hear from more of you here.....Stephanie

Banned Read only
    I never joined but I was going to for the same reasons, I thought it might make me a man. All that manly facade was B.S. on my part to push my TS girlyness deeper and only made my transition further off from then. I wish I had transitioned earlier.

[SIZE="2"]Did you enter the military with a cross-dressing background? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]Yes I had several suitcases and boxes in storage while I was in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Did you enter the military to serve your country and to put a stop to cross-dressing if you dressed en femme before joining? [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]No, I did not enter to stop CDing. I was drafted during the Vietnam War period.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]What branch of the service did you join?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"] I went into the Army.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]How did you get through the boot-camp training?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]Well, Basic was hard and tiring so one really couldn't think much about it or have the time or energy to do anything about it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Did you still have the urge to dress during the training and if so how did you deal with it?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]Well, I had the desire but not the energy or time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Did you ever wish to dress during your military service?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]Yes I did. I was occasionally able to under dress as during a large part of the time my uniform was Civvies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]How long did you serve?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]Three years 2 days (too long)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Did you see action and did you ever cross-dress while wearing the uniform? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]I did see action and was wounded. Nothing heroic, the real heros never came home. I never underdressed in uniform.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Are you a cross-dresser today?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]
    Yes, very much so. Sitting here dressed at the computer!
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]I cried again thinking of it. Parts of the experience hurt my soul very deeply. The pain was moral, and I think I can say the experience left me feeling violated in some way.

Edyta[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]As a lifetime CD I was pretty upset upon being drafted into the Army in 1965. I didn't realize that being drafted meant that you served to the delight of the government, not always just 2 years. Four and a half years later I got out having been in Vietnam over two years, wounded physically and mentally. I thought about my dressing some but was pretty busy just staying alive. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I do very clearly remember being in a hole in the mud looking at how dirty and cracked my skin was and thinking that I would never be that dirty again. We had been out for 19 days straight and my clothes were actually falling apart. Crossdressing was always with me but was just a wish and a hope until I got out. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I still get dirty but nothing like that.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/