Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Musical tastes

Musical tastes

This is actually a two part question.

1) When you are dressed or getting dressed or are just feeling extra "girly". Do you find that your musical tastes change at all or have your musical tastes changed because of your dressing?

2) If they do, what do you like to listen to?

I find that my tastes definitely have changed because of my dressing. There is alot of music that I like to listen too now that I wouldn't have listened to as a guy.

Especially when I'm getting ready I like to put on some "girly" music and even find myself dancing and singing along. There are too many to list but here are some of my favorites.

Shania Twain (love the femininity in her songs)
    Britney Spears
    Dixie Chicks

Banned Read only
    I like Hard House/electroclash alot because it is very very popular and has roots with young generation X and generation Y transsexual and transgender people.

And also my girly side of music is Rosie And The Originals (doowop) they made some prettie slow songs all about love.

I also like Dana International, a Transsexual Pop Star from Israel.She's awesome and has a great voice.

Well, when I am dressed up I do enjoy listening to (and singing along with) Diana Krall more than usual. This is at the expense of other music I have, for example Rammstein.

I can't say that my musical tastes have changed at all. I like almost everything with my favorites being classical, folk, 60s and 70s tunes, 40 swing, and Broadway. Oh thank heaven for satellite radios because they provide anything for your current state of mind.

So what should anyone expect from such a mixed up person as me.

Babette

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm all metal but still love classical music,some old country.
    I like to feel the music.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    My musical taste stays the same whether I'm wearing a skirt or jeans. I love hard rock.

I love dancing in the clubs to the music

I enjoy many types of music from the Dixie Chicks to Dave Brubeck to Beethoven and I enjoy the same music whatever I happen to be wearing.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    My musical taste doesnt really change when I'm wearing girly clothes. I'm mosly Hard Rock/Metal/Glam, some punk. I did recently buy a Transvision Vamp greatest hits cd, and I have been listening to that a bit more when I dress, (Bad Valentine, Revolution Baby), but overall, no. (though, Transvision Vamp does kinda seem like the ultimate tranny soundtrack, those lyrics).

Janie

I'm just a child of the 80's no matter what I wear... of course, being somewhat of a musician, I tend to gravitate toward good compositions, no matter what genre,.. not really style- or band-based.

jenn

For me, nothing changes. I like metal and classic rock. Even dressed.
    Hugs and Kisses: Samantha

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.

My daughter's music...

On our long summer drives from Oregon to Montana, my daughter will play music she likes - with an apologetic look to me (she knows I cd). I asked her why she thought I would not like her music. She started to say she thought "I would find it... oh... never mind..." I asked her what she had been about to say. Her response was that she was afraid I would find it too girly. We both had a chuckle.

Lee

I don't listen to music, when cding. Maybe i will try it. My tastes are like Babbette's.

I find that I'm listening to female singers or bands with female singers more often than not when I'm dressed. Not that I mind listening to the Garbage or Susanne Vega as a guy but I listen to this music much more often when dressed.
    Clara

No they don't change and it ROCK.... Hard Rock!!

Lately it's Seether, Nickleback, Staind, and GreenDay.... Oldies are good are still goodies...too, I also love Bach and classicals... Vavaldi's 4 seasons is sweet....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Not really, maybe a bit more POP when dressed, but then there is not much music I don't listen to, from Blues from the 20's and 30's to Areosmith and ZZ tops. Country and western to Jazz and Classic rock. But maybe more female artist when feeling girlie.
    Tina

Guess I am all alone here

Can't stand hard rock, (c)rap, metal, hip hop, or any other electronic cacaphony. I will take Yanni any day and every day, oldies rock up through the early 80's, show tunes and country. Windham Hill collections, George Winston on piano, anything by John Denver.

To me the ultimate relaxation is to be reclining in my over stuffed lazyboy, attired in a gorgeous pale pink peignoir, with a glass of Baileys Irish Cream or butterscotch schnapps with Yanni playing on the surround system. That takes me to a whole other universe and it is pure heaven.

Former Member
    Lets see.

As my male self I like classic rock, being a child of the '70's. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Yes, The Who, The Stones, etc.

My feminine side likes Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Yes, The Who, The Stones, etc.

I guess there's not much difference.

Gold Member
    My music taste doesn't really depend on what I am wearing.
    My mood for music just changes for whatever reason. Sometimes in the car, en femme, I might be jamming to older metal. Sometimes in male mode I might be listening to Madonna.

I tend to like 80's stuff.

I don't like rap, hip hop, modern heavy metal, or country
    Like older metal, but late stuff sounds like they are taking a constipated crap.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I do like a few girly songs but my main is 107.7 in the louisville area and they are streaming on the web as well. Nothing but classic rock 24/7
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

[SIZE="2"]I like many kinds of music......depending on the mood; but while dressed I've noticed a tendency to listen to dancing styles ranging from old disco classics to salsa, passing through pop, house and other rhythms. Yes, I love classic rock, chamber music, new age, Celtic, some electronic, Andean, even eastern sounds. Mixed-up me! Good thread.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Kyara Ximena[/SIZE]

Dreams are betther lived than dreamt!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    Lets see.

As my male self I like classic rock, being a child of the '70's. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Yes, The Who, The Stones, etc.

My feminine side likes Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Yes, The Who, The Stones, etc.

I guess there's not much difference.
    not only is she gorgeous, but she has great taste in music too...

I like the oldies and soft rock from the 60's 70'sand 80's and somenew songs.
    Angie

As for me virtually nothing changes whenever I am dressed, neither musical tastes, nor personality, etc. I remain essentially the same person.

I would love that others too could see essentially the same person in me.

Nadia