Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Musical tastes

Nah, my musical tastes are alway sort if "girly". lol

I guess what happened to me was that after I had come out to my SO, as part of the growing acceptance of who I was my existing tastes came out more as well.

Female vocalists - ranging from the 50s to country. Julie London, Kay Starr, Connie Francis, Sammi Smith, Gail Davies, Emmylou Harris, Kathy Mattea, Dolly Parton (early days), Doris Day, and Dusty Springfield are just a few.

They all have a way of expressing how I feel, and now I don't need to hide that I like them!

Susan

My musical tastes do not change when I'm dressed. I like a variety of music, so there is no one style that I favor over the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    No they don't change and it ROCK.... Hard Rock!!

Lately it's Seether, Nickleback, Staind, and GreenDay.... Oldies are good are still goodies...too, I also love Bach and classicals... Vavaldi's 4 seasons is sweet....
    Karren, you really look like a rock chick too!

My tastes are pretty catholic too. Although you can't beat a good rock song!

Mostly, I feel a need to keep the sound down, or off, so nobody sneaks up on me. For me, for the past 26 years or so regardless of my presentation, nothing compares with Richard Thompson - so much varied, superb material to chose from, including the playful "Man or a Woman?". Joni

Banned Read only
    my musical choises? never change for me lol, everyone says i listen to girly music anyways,(sometimes). im actually training to be a heavy metal vocalist(ya know the screaming ones?) and im going to put part of my CD traits into my act. im combining female and male scream styles for an added effect.
    i particularly like the japanese school girl outfit!

« тнε тεмртяεss »
    I'm listening to this right now :/

Nothing changes for me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydia View Post
    I'm listening to this right now :/

Nothing changes for me.
    thats what im talkin about! lol cept he dont scream like a girl XD
    im aspiring to scream like a girl, as funny as that sounds lol

« тнε тεмртяεss »
    Scream like a girl? You mean something like thiiiiiis? :3

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydia View Post
    Scream like a girl? You mean something like thiiiiiis? :3
    close not quite, im actualy trying to go for her male scream(roar) as my main scream, but female scream like flyleaf.
    BTW Otep is the best heavy metal singer EVER.

« тнε тεмртяεss »
    I like Arch Enemy and In This Moment a lot too x3

I don't think my music taste changes much when I'm dressed. Maybe a little more Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, Roxy Music, Lush, when I'm dressed up and more Husker Du, Sex Pistols, and Negativeland when I'm in drab.

I am still a rocker/classic rocker through and through. And yes I love the 80's too. You can't beat the 80's videos. But I definitely have some "guilty pleasures" when it comes to music.

My musical tastes have always been broad. People notice and my cd collection reflects that. I currently stand at about 200 cd and growing. But I think it is even more so now with my female side.

My musical tastes don't change when I'm dressed. What irritates me in guy mode is no less unlistenable when I'm in femme.

As an aside, this is not a slam to those on this thread who like electronic music, you're free to like what you want, but that kind of stuff has just never appealed to me - far too robotic and artificial. I suppose that's one of several reasons I never was interested in clubbing. I'd rather stay at home, maybe invite friends over for dinner, and put on my own music.

Best,
    Gunda
    "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" -The Who

"Ia, Ia, Cthulhu Fthagn!"

"After the Deluge - We!" - Savitri Devi

My musical tastes do not change when I am dressed, still listen to whatever happens to make me happy. Mostly hard rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    No they don't change and it ROCK.... Hard Rock!!
    Lately it's Seether, Nickleback, Staind, and GreenDay.... Oldies are good are still goodies...too, I also love Bach and classicals... Vavaldi's 4 seasons is sweet....
    Karren, Once again with the curve balls. You are just chock full of surprises, lol.
    And I like Spring & Winter best in that order.

I'm everywhere on music, whatever I'm in the mood for that day.
    But my music tastes don't change when the clothes do.

I was sorta surprised to see the amount of fellow hard rock / metal fans respond.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

(not a whale)
    No, of course not.

Banned Read only
    Some of you may be interested in this: A transgender band from Sydney, Australia, Jade Starrs DreadCircus, myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/dreadcircus .
    And for anyone else in Australia, there's events in sydney and Adelaide (during Feast Festival) with the band performing some details on : http://www.samesame.com.au/features/...ho_Have_Fallen

Janie

Banned Read only
    oops, Australian people, ignore that info re event re band in my previous post. it was info from last year, they didnt have a date on it

Janie

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Nope my music stays the same whatever mode I'm in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Aspiring Member

don't change much

I don't think my tastes change when I'm dressed. I grew up in the 60's and 70's so I love a lot of the old rock stuff like Zep, the Who, Floyd, hendrix, Procol Harum. But I also love Radiohead. I love some stuff that I consider a little girly like Joni Mitchell and Kate Bush. I can get weepy over some of the greats who are now gone like Sandy Denny, Jeff Buckley, and Nick Drake. Play "Who knows where the time goes?" or "The Quiet Joys of Brotherhood" and I'll be crying for sure.

Not at all. I'm still a classic Rock-n-Roller no matter what I'm wearing.

No changes here, Nanci Griffith, Pat Metheny, Steve Earle, Tom Petty, Beth Orton, Pink Floyd, Dylan, and on & on & on......!

I like mostly Rock (of all sorts) although listen to a wide range of pop, blues etc.

Today, I sat through 'Chick Flick Faves' on TMF Music, and I'm in drab. I must be getting lured to the pink side!