Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My marriage is over too.

My marriage is over too.

I have just read a post about a marriage being over. Well I have been thinking of writing this post for a wile now. My marriage is over too. I have moved to an apartment and I am on my own now. My wife is the one that wanted out. She has been really good about everything and we are doing it without lawyers. The reason she wants out is because of my cding. She does not want to deal with it any more. I can't say as I blame her because I have pushed and pushed until she broke. Until we broke. If there is any good coming out of this it is that I am writing this with my nails painted, My forms are glued on, I have on new pj's that I bought yesterday (wow do they feel good) wile on a GNO in Bangor. I would not have been able to do these things living at home. We already have a court date. And life is going on for the both of us. It is very better sweet and quite a roller coaster ride. But I will survive. Thanks for listening.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Paula, I am so sorry to hear this . I hope this is what both of you really want.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Paula,

I'm so sorry. Can only imagine how much that would hurt.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Sorry to hear Paula. Relationships are hard enough to keep as it is, add to it that you're CD, and there's a whole new set of issues to deal with that the adverage person doesn't.

Glad to hear you found a little solace in being able to dress at home and are keeping a possitive attitude. Remember, your SISTERS are here for you if you need us.

Take care and good luck with the future.

Caroline Emily
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Paula, let me add my condolences to those already given, I know it is not easy to go through that even if it is mutual, and harder if it's not. But remember many times life gets better, because you get a chance to find someone that will love you as you are.
    Stay strong, and keep looking for that silver lining!
    Tina

Hello Paula,

Sorry to hear that it has come to divorce. But it sounds like maybe this is what you both needed. Sometimes people just grow apart and need to start fresh. I am sure that wall will work out well for you. It is also good to hear that you were out for a GNO. I am sure that ther eare alot of friends there that can help you thru troubled times. Wishing you the best.

Raychel
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

...because I have pushed and pushed until she broke...
    Paula, this is so sad. But it sounds as if your CDing means more to you than your marriage. So be it. I hope you find down the road that you made the right choice.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Paula, I'm so sorry to hear about this, and about all the others who've divorced for the same reason.

What seems so sad to me is the idea of divorcing over a preference in clothing. To me it's almost like divorcing because one spouse wants to wear ripped-up tee shirts.

Of course I realize that there were probably other things involved, and that crossdressing can be a trigger for a whole bunch of other things, but it just seems so pointless and sad.

I hope the rest of your life brings you true love and happiness.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Paula,
    I'm so sorry to hear this. i know it hurts and you both had some wonderful years together. i hope in time you heal god bless you.
    hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks everyone. Thanks so much. I'll tell ya it is a bitter sweet thing. Sometimes I am whoo hooing! because I can do what I want and other times I am so sad because I am letting go after so long. It's not easy but we are still on real good terms. She is really great. She knows that I can not stop cding and I seem to be getting more active at it. Like I said about pushing. In a way I did not now I was pushing so hard. Looking back I was. Don't ask don't tell was working real good for me. Not so much for her. We have had a lot of hardships over the years. I thought this was just another one. But with the kids gone, it's like that's enough. And that's enough outa me for now.

Gold Member
    So it was just time to go your separate ways?

Well at least this isn't like a nasty breakup.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Paula

I am sorry to hear the marriage is over

You must still be good friends if you can do this without lawyers being involved

I do hope you dont have too many scars from the experience
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Sorry to hear about this Paula. It's hard to take change after so many years. I hope this is one of the few stresses in your life right now. You'll need time to figure out where to go from here. Keep in touch and we'll be there for you!
    Sally

I know how you feel

I have recently seperated from my wife of 8 years as well. She wanted me to move out, and she is the one that wants the divorce. She gave me three big ticket items for reasons but the biggest one for her was my crossdressing. She said that it just became too much for her. The unfortunate part for me is that I have my own place now, have lots of time to dress, but have not really been into since I moved out. I have a GG friend who recently found out and she is encouraging me to accept it and to be okay with it. It sucks that both of our marriages are over and that crossdressing played a major role in that decision for our wives. I have to honestly say that I agree with you, if she does not want to except this as part of who I am than so be it and I am better off without her. I have hid this side of me for so long, I need to embrace it instead of hiding it.

Trisha

Banned Read only
    thats so sad to hear T_T
    similarly i got addicted to a video game while dating my GF and we ended up breaking up because of it.

« тнε тεмртяεss »
    That's so f@#ked up that she'd want to leave you for that. CDer or not, you are still you. She should love you for all of you, not just the bits and pieces that she wants. If she can't then you're better off without her. You will find someone that loves you for the person you are inside, regardless what you wear on the outside. Stay positive. My bunny demands it =:3

Quote Originally Posted by Mydia View Post
    That's so f@#ked up that she'd want to leave you for that. CDer or not, you are still you. She should love you for all of you, not just the bits and pieces that she wants. If she can't then you're better off without her. You will find someone that loves you for the person you are inside, regardless what you wear on the outside. Stay positive. My bunny demands it =:3
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

As I always say to family, and my girlfriend in tough times, I feel the best way to get through them is to focus on the good things, never focus on the negatives!

I think you'll be fine, Paula. You have lots of friends here to support you!
    Click my sig to see my MySpace page!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

While I cannot say I know how you feel, I know of how you feel. 14 years after I came out and my wife adopted a don't ask don't tell policy she decided to force a purge. Either get rid of it all or go. I did. two years later one of her main reasons for wanting a divorce was, "I cannot accept a man who enjoys dressing in women's clothes". I gave her a convenient excuse...there are always a myriad of reasons for a marriage to end, this was but one of them. We avoided the whole lawyer thing, have maintained a decent friendship, still alone. I sometimes wonder where all of these accepting women are.

Hi Paula, My divorce after 12 years was tough, for about 12 months I felt this sense of total loss.Now I see that the loss I felt was because of my daughter and not my ex wife,who is rather insensitive.It created a new beginning for me and the future holds promise again.You do not have to spend your life with someone at the price of sacrificing your free will.
    Last edited by Celeste; 10-27-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by paulaN View Post
    She does not want to deal with it any more. I can't say as I blame her because I have pushed and pushed until she broke. Until we broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydia View Post
    Perhaps if Paula had not pushed and pushed as she has said she's done, then her wife may have been able to deal with it a bit more, and they may have been able to work through this.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

An update... Last night and today I was depressed and I mean real bad. I cried and cried a lot. I was so depressed I could not shake it. I talked to my wife twice and cried and cried with her. No too her. We are done. That is a fact. I still could not wrap my head around it. I did a lot of things to screw up the marriage that is also a fact. I needed to try and rectify it to try to make amends to ask for forgiveness and to try and start over. It did not work I am sorry to say. The only thing that came out of it was the feeling that I tried. I truly did. I don't know what else to do. I managed to get a couple of hours sleep this afternoon and I feel a little better. So the rollacoaster is still rolling. I have to try and keep a positive attitude and move forward. Maybe tomorrow will be a whoo hoo day who knows.

have a gg who loves me not an image. it really goes both ways. one foot infront of the other a day at a time, hour by hour we move on. "CD HOTLINE". 1888 843 4564. THIS IS A SUICIDFE HOTLINE NUMBER GIVEN TO ME AFTER MY MARRIAGE WENT SOUTH. bigg huggs Brandi

Hi Paula,
    I'm happy for you having your new CD life, but sad that it had to come at the cost of your marriage. I hope everything works out ok. Leaving a marriage, even a bad one, is not easy to do. I wish the best to both you and your wife.

Hi Paula. The end of a relationship is never, ever easy and it's rarely just one thing that makes it break. I know you know that. I know you know neither one of you is 100% at fault.

I just wanted to say, I'm really sorry you are in so much pain. It will get better eventually, but that doesn't make the now any easier. So, I'm thinking of you. Hugs.

Paula I'm so sorry, best of wishes to you, and your future, be only as you are a lovely person.