View Poll Results: How often do you feel the urge to dress?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • I dress 7/24

9 3.88%
  • Daily

141 60.78%
  • Weekly

50 21.55%
  • Bi-weekly

11 4.74%
  • Monthly

20 8.62%
  • Yearly (or more)

1 0.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cycles of Desire

Cycles of Desire

This subject came up in another post and it was suggested I start a new thread.

So here's the issue .. cycles of desire?

I'm curious about the range of experience.

I feel the urge to dress every two weeks or so.

What about you?

Hugs

Every Day ...Well Almost.

I'll be the first to jump in here. I dress every day and drive 1 1/4 hrs to work, then spend about 2 hours at the shop before business hours as Erickka. The weekends, no, because I keep up with my obligations to my beloved wife.

Urge

I feel the urge daily, but only get to dress maybe once or twice a week. Dear Wife doesn't mind, but other family members come over without notice. I guess if I could dress every day it would just become passe. I would love to get the chance to find out. I think I could vary my wardrobe to keep things interesting.

Susan, I think about dressing every day, but only feel a strong desire to actually dress on average once a month. I need that, but sometimes I feel so ugly that I don't even want to do it then. But when I go ahead, I have never been disappointed. My desire is to go out once a month as well, but I only make it out about 4 or 5 times a year.

I have never had the desire "go away" entirely more than a few days as far back as I can remember.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 10-28-2008 at 06:43 AM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Often feel the urge, but actually dress only once a month.

I get the feeling at least every few days. Try to dress every week or two, sometimes more. Depends on my free time and mood.

I dress daily to some degree and even then it is as much as I can get away with because of my work. :-) Keli

I'm gonna go with the idea that by saying "dress" you mean "FULL" dress, wig, full makeup, heels, skirt / blouse, or dress and all "proper" underclothing.

I have that "urge" on a daily basis. The practically of my life says this isn't gonna happen, so , I "fly under the radar" if you will. "Proper" under things, ladies jeans or dress slacks, depending on the situation, ladies flannel shirt in cold weather, or polo shirt in warm temps. All my shoes are from Payless ladies section, with at most a 1" heel, for everyday wear. Higher heels for "full dress"
    Of course some makeup, a bit of foundation, some pwder, light mascara, and a wipe or two of lippy. When going from one job to another I have some "clip ons" I can quickly put on. Unless I'm wearing my wig, my hair is now in a ponytail, kinda high.

So, I could almost say I "dress" everyday to satisfy my "urge" but what I'm guessing you mean is, "FULL" dress. Which I always have the urge to do.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Aspiring Member
    I under dress on a daily basis, get fully dressed as a woman with makeup, heels and earrings about once a week. I get an urge to go out for a drive about every two weeks or so sometimes more or less. I usually go to a post office after hours to snail mail myself something. The last time was this past Sunday evening and I actually walked in there with other woman either coming or going while I was in there. No remarks or comment passed either way, just wished I would have had longer fingernails with nail polish on them.

I dress fully nearly every evening and sometimes for a whole day at the weekend.
    In past i was able to go for years without dressing, but my most recent stop during the summer lasted barely two months and then my dressing came back with a vengeance.

I dress 3 or 4 times a week, depending on how much work I need to get done around the house. But I have a desire to dress every day, and it seldom goes away. It's a wonder I get anything done at all!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    I'll come at this from a slightly different angle. I have the "urge" to fully dress every day. I cannot because of the socially conservative culture where I live. The girl in me finds this situation unacceptable and recently left me so, while the "urge" is still there, I haven't dressed in weeks. Having the urge is not the same as carrying through with it.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

My Thoughts

I think of dressing every day but usually only dress once a month due to the fact I can only dress when my wife is away at a monthly club meeting. Sometimes other opportunities come up and I may or may not take advantage of them.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I dress everyday, I am sitting here at my computer fully dressed, and when I go out, I always dress in either ladies jeans or slacks, shirt, jumper, shoes and ofcourse lingerie. I just love being a girl
    Thank you for the thread, Lesley Ann

I would dress everyday were I able to, opportunity just does not knock all that often.

I replied "daily" but under protest of the wording.

For me, it's not an "urge" to dress. Rather, it's simply being who I am inside my heart. Underdressing doesn't cut it for me so I rarely, if ever, partake in that and I don't even have to be dressed to the nines to express my femininity.

I'd be much more at ease with my situation if I knew I could present in even the most simple of feminine wear at least while at home (jeans or leggings, cami tops, etc). Of course my life situation won't allow for that.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I generally have the urge to dress in some fashion every day lately, though can only underdress most of the time. When it comes to that, I try to have something femme on me, as long as the work clothes allow. I've been experimenting more and more at night after my son goes to bed, mostly wandering about the house dressed without makeup.. Long ago when I lived alone, I would often spend a weekend in a skirt and a nice top with stockings wandering around the house. I suppose if my son ever came to grips with my dressing in a positive light (he doesn't know), then I would have the option to dress nightly.. Some weekends have found me lately with tight hipster jeans and a nice sweater..

Hi,

I voted for every day but maybe I shouldn't have voted at all because I don't really get a desire to dress. To me it's just normal daily life. I don't dress 24/7 maybe just 12 - 20 daily(ish).
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

For me the urge is daily , I mostly under dress (not at all passable) and am able to satisfy my urge on most days .
    I know it is not for everyone but it works for me!
    Tomara

I dress every and any time I have the oportuinity to do so. The usual day is about 10-12 hours en femme per day with most of that time in the evenings after work. Usually sleep in female pajamas with bra, forms and panties. The urge never goes away and I stopped fighting it years ago.

I might have chosen 24/7. but there times when I am in my get-dirty clothes while working and there are times when I am naked.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I would love to dress everyday but as a practical point I can only dress about twice a week.

I would like to add that I am dressed en femme right now and I love it!!!!

Stacey
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-28-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: merged - use edit button

I dress daily and something fem 24/7. I miss my dressing when I'm away for weekends visiting friends with my wife. Although I always, always take a nightie. I could not sleep without one now.
    However; for dirty jobs around the yard I wear my crappy old jeans. I would never want to spoil my fem clothing.

Margot
    Last edited by Margot; 10-28-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: adding something

For me, it is cyclical...right now, I get the urge almost daily. In the past year, there have been periods where I have gone over a month or two. Can't put a finger on why the variance. I am sitting here fully dressed, feeling content and at peace. But, gotta go to lunch with a friend in a few hours, so back to male mode...

Banned Read only
    Daily, and looking forward to early retirement so I can live as a woman 24/7.