View Poll Results: How often do you feel the urge to dress?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • I dress 7/24

9 3.88%
  • Daily

141 60.78%
  • Weekly

50 21.55%
  • Bi-weekly

11 4.74%
  • Monthly

20 8.62%
  • Yearly (or more)

1 0.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cycles of Desire

If I didn't dress as Debby every day I would have to feel my pulse.
    Debby xxx

It depends on the level of dressing.

I underdress every day (since I don't have any options, it is all I own).

I put on a skirt almost every day when I get home from work (and most of the day on weekends if I am spending the day at home).

About 1/2 of that time, I'll also wear a blouse and bra. At the same time I might put in some earrings or a necklace.

Tights/pantyhose a bit less frequently (depending on how long its been since I've shaved) Perhaps a few time per week.

The LEAST frequent is the 'full thing', taking the time to do makeup, style my hair and everything I'd need to go out. I never go through all of that trouble just to stay home unless I'm just practicing while watching TV or something.

I only go all the way once every few months at the most.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I've noticed my desire around the full moon is very strong. Anyone else feel that way? Went out en femme for the first time last night(Halloween).

That's Amazing

63% dress daily. I feel so much better. I wish more people would vote on this.

i dress every day it is getting colder out and i do wear my bra under my swear shirts and nobody evens knows love it tooooo!!!!!!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Since my wife, who always fixed my wig and did my makeup, has gone to her eternal reward, I don't "fully dress" at all. By "fully dressed" I mean totally, at least in appearance, become a female. However, I did check "Daily" because in some manner I am feminine on a daily basis.

I do wear panties almost all the time and a bra most of the time. My usual attire is a skirt and nice blouse or tee shirt, or maybe girly jeans and a tight tee! I own way more feminine shoes then I do male ones, and wear the feminine ones more. BTW, even though I don't wear a wig anymore or use much makeup, I still go out in public in Stephanie clothes. Shopping, post office, restaurants, gas stations, did I mention shopping at the Mall? I go just about everywhere in skirts, etc. I know who I am and what I like to wear, and those who don't like it can take a flying leap!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

BTW, my tag line is for my Darling GGF. She tolerates me being a CD, but wants a man under the silk and lace! And I am!!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 11-01-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Additions and corrections!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

My CD urges have evolved. Which tempers my desire.

I now seem to desire "big production number" dressing, for the most part. That requires 3 to 5 hours of private time, no meals just before hand, and advanced planning, to bring home the necessary things I'll need for that session.

I probably have the time and inclination once a week, on average.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I don't really have an urge. It's usually just a conscious decision that I need to make depending on whether I feel like I can pull off a look.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I dress when I can and unless I am working at night I can dress only about 2-3 times a month, I am working nights so for the past 2 weeks I dressed every other day, my work time is changing in a few weeks

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    Well, I fluctuate badly. Especially since I don't own anything femme and am not out of the closet. It seems to be strong one week, mild (wouldn't put much effort, just dress) the next, and uncaring the final week; rinse and repeat.
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Quote Originally Posted by Micaella.tg View Post
    I've noticed my desire around the full moon is very strong. Anyone else feel that way?
    Yes, but I find it is MUCH harder to shave once all of that thick hair starts coming in during the full moon

Anybody have any tips on how to make my 'howl' more feminine?
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I feel the need to dress fully at least once a week.

When I started (not so long time ago) I dressed pretty much daily. It was new and so exciting plus I really didn't understand that male v. female dynamic inside of me. Now, when I found out I enjoy both being a male and female my desire to dress changed. I dress about once or twice a week now. And when wearing male clothes I don't wear any female clothing underneath. It's either totally male or totally female. (Apart from shaving. Even as a man I can't stand hairy body).
    Clara

I picked daily, because I wear underdressed 24/7 in panties.

I suppose it all depends upon how I feel within a period of time. Last year I was dressed almost daily but I have been going through a spell of not having the urge.

Today is my first time dressed in 3 months and it feels right today. It may feel way wrong tomorrow!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I feel the need to "dress" all the time. Given that I can't do so very often (3 weeks since the last time) this is clearly a difficult situation to be in. I mean, I underdress all the time. But then I have to wear man clothes on top and that, to me, is just absurd and feels utterly wrong.

So, no cycles or regular occasions for me - my desire is for it to be all the time, all the way.

Sarah...

Silver Member
    My desire to crossdress is always with me. It remains at a constant level all the time and there are never any fluctuations in this level of desire. I retired early last year at the age of 59 and since that time my degree of dressing is very close to 24/7. I most certainly dress every day and sometimes will go stretches of up to two weeks without wearing "his" clothes. This feels natural to me and I feel fortunate to be able to live this way.

I'm a weekly. That would be an average. There are peaks and valleys.
    I do usually have something fem on daily though just to get me through.

Not that straightforward for me.

I haven't had any desire for 3 or 4 days now. Whereas last week I couldn't stop thinking about it all week and spent a few hours of each day dressed, even waking in the night with the desire to go get dressed!

Writing this, I know I have all those lovely clothes sitting there, but still have no desire. I think perhaps dressing for me (and perhaps many of us who dont wish to be 24/7 or transgender) might be driven by some external stimulus.

So, in response to your question, sometimes daily, sometimes weekly, sometimes monthly. Nothing wothwhile is ever simple