Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider yourself...

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar

Do you consider yourself...

...well, weird!? Well, I do, and I don't mind it at all. I feel that we're outside of the "normal" boundaries for what a man (well, even humanity) should be like. I don't mind being playfully called weird, odd, or sometimes even freak. I accept that we don't follow the average statistics for men, and I'm proud of it. I guess in a roundabout way, do you laugh at/find humor in yourself for being TG/CD/TS?
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

being born to re-creationist parents cursed me to a doomed life of dressing in funny clothes & killing my friends on the weekends. So I actually take the words strange, unusual, weird etc. as compliments. It's being called normal that I consider insulting because that means I'm just like everyone else.

Banned Read only
    I suppose when I thought I was the only boy in the world (I'm not kidding) who liked dressing as a girl I considered myself very weird indeed. But with experience of course I now know there's nothing odd or weird about me. I'm just a MTF crossdresser like thousands of others. No oddness or weirdness involved.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Earlier in my life I was always scared that people would find out about me and laugh. Then I realized that I’m a nice person and if someone has a problem with me; it is their problem. I’ve never laughed at people because they are different. I have always tried to be considerate and caring of others.
    Dana Ryan

I'm weird in general, but in a good way, lol.
    This only stacks up as a quark at best.

In fact if I save up 4 more quarks I get a free upgrade to a quagmire. lol

Being on the fringe / outer edge of what the whole considers "normal" gives you great seats to the show inside.

Quotes to remember:
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    &
    If you think your thinking outside of the box, your not.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Ohhhhhh without a doubt I am definitely in the weird category, but in a good way AND in good company!

*hugs*

Zara
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I think the rest of humanity is weird
    We,re actually normal, it,s everyone else who,s screwed up

[SIZE="3"]Wierd?? And normal is??? if comformity means normal Ill pass! I prefer the terms unique or extraordinary!!

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    In my experience most weird people are good people.

Because if someone really is out to hurt people then its best to blend in and seem normal.

And weird people are more often likely to be tolerant, accepting and welcoming of diversity and people being themselves.

But among the 'normal' people theres more of the fear of the different, the pressure to hide the slightest deviations, the condemning others so they themselves suffer less susspicion and the frequent judging of others.

Now thats not all 'normal' people and certanly not all 'weird' people are good, but in my experience thats the way it very often turns out.

Hey, being a crossdresser is one of the least weird things about me. It's no fun being normal!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Banned Read only
    Yes I consider myself weird.Only in good way though

I personally don't consider myself wierd, But I have been told by many people that I was. So maybe there is some truth to it.

Just recently all dressed up for Halloween and both my kids said I was wierd.

Oh well, I am what I am.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Shoot, I've even called me weird. On the other hand, you can't change something that was born into you. It's like instinct, it won't go away.
    As for laughing at myself. A person has a sad life if they can't laugh at themselves once in a while. Laughing at others, in a friendly way, is fun too. Too many CD's are way to serious.

No I don't I'm just different then others.
    Angie

Of course, I do. I also consider myself a mistake.
    [SIZE=1]I actually go by Emily[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1](Emma's a nickname)[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wierd is only a preception and depending on where you "stand " something is going to look weird to you as well as weird to every other person on this planet past present and future.....

Look at it this way.....

With everything in this world there is an opposite to it....

Black - white

Up - down

Hot - cold

inside - outside

hetrosexual - homosexual

male - female

love - hate

fast - slow

see where where I'm going with this???? So depending on where you stand, something will appear different to you and depending on how that difference is perceived it may even appear to be "weird"....

Now I'll focus on the hetrosexual - homosexual side of things since that will garner more "weirdness" than some of the other non-controversial points... I mean how weird is black - white???

Ask a straight person if two males or two females getting it on is "normal" or "weird"???? I think we both know that answer....both sides are going to say the other is weird....and neither would want or accept the other stand or point of view or even their lifestyle now would they????....As a life style they'd be more likely not willing to achieve or embrace it and reject it by labeling it as "weird" and they are not weird.

So what about a person who can accept and embrace both sides of these opposites? Is he weird or is he (or she) a person who can embrace these "opposites" and be truly comfortable with both extremes and in being able to do so, what does it make him or her???? balenced???? "enlightened"? able to transcend the "normal"????? I tend to embrace the ability to be "enlightened" as a defining position....anytime we can embrace those areas that are so stronly controversial and in doing so become balenced then it generally takes an enlightening process to achieve this level of awareness....

Now most won't see it this way most won't say your absolutly correct and that should be the case because if everyne thought this way it would be normal and everyone would be doing....so for us to embrace the "femme" and dress as a female isn't the normal or everyone would be doing it...it's jsut that we're above the normal and to those of us who can do it we're enlightened..to those who can't we're veiwed as "weird" because they can't understand how we can do this...thus they are not enlightened as we are....it all depends where you stand now doesn't it?????
    Last edited by Sherry-Stephanie; 11-02-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Well, I guess it is a bit weird: grown up men dressed as women adopting female nicknames, chatting about dresses, makeup,... But, hey we like it!
    Clara

I consider myself to be eccentric.... very eccentric. In an odd way. In fact I pride myself on being eccentric, odd, strange and downright wierd. What is one more odd activity between friends anyway?

I don't see myself as weird. I see myself as someone with a unique view of myself and the world around me. I also don't worry about what others say about me anymore, they're entitled to their opinions just like me.

Nope.... I'm the most normal person I know!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm told there are some guys out there who have no desire to dress as a woman

Now THAT'S wierd

Luv

Susan

Wierd? Yes, just like everybody else.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I feel perfectly normal. Everything I do makes sense to me. But I do understand how others might see me as weird so I stay in the closet.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I find it ironic that I am a crossdresser. I mean there are a ton of other guys who would make great CDs but no I got "picked".

I'm 6'2" 225 lbs, muscular, deep voiced, I love to work out and am very muscular for my age and very athletic. I love all the guy things and am considered by my friends to be very manly.

I think it is funny that a guy like me loves to dress as a woman, loves being femme and really does enjoy all his sisters here at the forum and wishes he could meet all of them.

I think it is ironic that a guy like me wouldn't trade his femme self for all the money in the world!

Hugs to all like me!
    Last edited by insearchofme; 11-02-2008 at 07:27 PM.
    Dana Fleming

I'm normal.

Everybody else is weird.
    You hold onto friends by keeping your heart a little softer than your head.