Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tempted to go all the way?

I have thought about it; and before meeting my ex about 14 years ago I had started making tentative plans to live full time-or as much as I could considering work.

Now that I'm on my own again it's reared its head once more but...

I do so much more now in a male role that if I didn't go 24/7 it probably wouldn't be much more than what I'm doing now!

Still there's this urge tugging away at my skirt hem like an insistent child...

Stella
    "Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

I looked like this mostly
    Since early childhood, I did not belong in the male world. That does not necessarily mean that I belong in the female world. I think gender is a spectrum and while I do not belong to the male end of it, I really have no idea what it really means to be on the female end. In fact, nobody on earth is truly on the male end or the female end. If such people exist on both ends, they would probably be psychotically uncaring or psychotically emotional (I know I am making an exaggeration here).

Anyway, while I know that I do not fit into the male world and I am unsure what it really means to be female, I do feel more comfortable being myself when I am in the female side of the spectrum because the female side provides me a framework in which I feel real and I feel a sense of belonging.

About going all the way, I do not know yet. I have some reservations about complete transition - I need acceptance by my family, a decent occupation that is a continuation of my career I have built so far, a close circle of friends, good health, kids and a partner (female partner - I am lesbian) who will stay with me for the rest of our lives. If I can have all of these, then I certainly would like to go all the way. If not, I won't. At present, I am merely testing the waters on the female side.

There was a time when i was little i used to want to be a girl so bad.. those were cold dark and lonely days. In fact there was little known about being a crossdresser and like many others I thought i was the only one.. It was only as little as ten years ago i found the value of the internet and started doing some research.. it was then that i realised that who i am, what i am and more important accepting the fact that im simply a crossdresser and that im not alone... self acceptance is most important in my eyes.. there are a number of people that yes srs is what they need and it must be an emotional rollercoaster for people in that frame of mind and good luck to them, however i have seen programmes that follow transgendered people and there have been one or two that realised it was not for them.. interesting thread Debs and i will end this on a lighter note.. i know how much you love your music...

[CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the beginning I was way up there Debs and it wouldn't have taken much to push me over the line to transition. Once I realized it was all about getting in touch with the feelings for myself, however, it was an entirely different story. I can fulfill either role really but it's always my choice my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Former Member
    I'm happy where I am. I wouldn't change a thing.

I sometimes consider it, just for the adventure. I suppose it is appealing more now that I realize I could really do it. I am my own boss and I work from home. Although I am hardly rich, my savings are such that if I wanted to I could quit working and retire today ... so I really have little or nothing to lose finance-wise. Most of my old friends and family I rarely see in person, and it would make little difference to me if I never saw about a third of them again. So why not?

Well... the answer is "because it would be harder to meet women." Most days that is enough to discourage me. Most...

I usually think it would make it harder to meet people in general too ... but ... on the other hand I would meet different kinds of people while dressed, and have nothing to hide from them, and that thought is interesting enough to counterbalance the "no women" problem ... in my mind anyway.

I am not keen on an actual sex change, although having real boobs would be nice. I do not socialize like a woman. Doing it with guys doesn't appeal to me ... so I had best keep all my equipment. Maybe I might change my mind after being en femme 24/7 for a while though ... who knows? That is the draw in the idea - that it would be something really new for me.

On the other hand, aside from the fake boobs being a pretend woman would probably suit me as well as being a real one would ... and has the big advantage I can change back when I want. And I can do a bit about the boobs by building up big pec muscles.

So there I sit, gradually collecting ways to fake femme and trying not to let it get in the way of my male social life and keep an eye open for interesting CD opportunities all at the same time, trying to have it all.

If I had the money, I would consider it. But I think I am getting too old to pay that much cash for a result that I would probably be less than happy with.

I fantasize about it. But that's all. I'm going to spend the rest of my days on this rock as male(I feel more comfortable that way). I'll just wait till my next time around, to be female. It'll be a lot cheaper that way, and more natural. My guy-side is too deeply seated with myself and others to change it permanently.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Thought about it yes, Concidered sometimes, will it really happen probaly never. If I lost my family and had the money to do the whole package. including total body maybe.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

if i ever win the lotto i will change myself in to a super model worthy to grace the covers of playboy... but i fear I'll just be boring little old me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been told and I quote" you can remodel the house all you want but whatever you do, don't change the plumbing." doe this sound like she'd have no problem with me transitioning as far as pre-op trans, or is that just me?

When I was a little kid I uesd to think I was TS....

I almost told my single-parent, conservative, Lutheran, raised in south-central Minnesota during the 1950's dad when I was a grade-schooler what was on my mind. I really wanted to be a girl, and I knew there were surgeries & everything to do it, even at THAT early age. (This was the early-to-mid 80's)

I'm not sure if "the world" got to me, or I realize how nice it is to be a man sometimes, or if I now realize how difficult transition really would be, or what the story is.

But at this point, I am content to be the best damn CD this side of the North Atlantic, and be male OR female as I see fit as my body-type and overall lifestyle allows for this.

Ooooo-RAH
    I know she must be kind.
    When I look in her eyes,
    she goes with me to a blossom world...
    I'm pickin' up good vibrations.
    She's giving me excitations.
    Gotta keep those lovin' good
    vibrations a happenin' with her.
    - B. Wilson & M. Love -

have thought of it to but ill go along with kimberlyalso i just love my wife to and love just what i am doing just fine aint going to change any thing on me at all

here i say

girls just wanna have funn!!!

When I was younger, I thought about going all the way.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

only one gender?

Now that I've tasted life from the perspecitive of both genders, I can't imagine going back to only having one gender available. I love being able to present, and live, in both genders and feel very privledged to have a supporting spouse and the chance for what is, effectively, two separate lives.

tina

If I had the opportunity to live my life over, I would have transitioned whern young -- even if it meant that I had to give up the very comfortable lifestyle that I live now.

If given the chance when I was a little kid, I would have become a girl in a heartbeat. Girls, after all, didn't need an excuse to be feminine. Let's face it, it's much easier to be a girl than to be an effeminate boy and that doesn't change much as you get older either. The thing is, I wanted to become a girl. I never felt that I actually was a girl or that biology had played some kind of cruel trick on me. I was girly but I wasn't a girl.

I spent a lot of time going down blind alleys wondering if I was gay, bi, TS, a pervert or just mentally ill. I thought about transition a lot when I was in my 20's. But I wasn't like any of the people I knew who were TS. I wasn't a guy. I wasn't a girl. I wasn't TS. I wasn't gay. I wasn't bi. I wasn't exactly hetero. I finally came to the conclusion that the kids in elementary school already had me figured out. I just didn't like the verdict: I was a sissy, fairy, nellie boy, nancy boy or whatever they are called in your neighborhood. Once I accepted it and came to appreciate that aspect of myself there was no need to transition, I already arrived at my destination. The transition was all in my mind. I don't have to be a girl to be girly. I don't have to be gay to be a little queer.

A married CD/tgirl in NJ flacindycd's Avatar

not me

I enjoy being able to split my life as a GUY and as CINDY, so I'd have to say positively NO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A Jersey gurl looking for friends, http://360.yahoo.com/flacindycd

This is an interesting question. I do not desire to change anything. But on the other hand if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to change It would not be the end of the world for me. The one thing that do wish for, and no procedure will ever give me, is the experiences of growing up a girl. Getting dressed in your first dress and tights. Getting your first pair of dress shoes, etc. All of those little girl experiences that only little girls get. As soon as we solve that space time thing maybe it will be possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Times Change

Although I have never liked being a guy and always felt more female than male - I never thought I would ever transition.

I felt I could never pass, would loose my job and all family and friends would desert me.

As I got older I started to want to change more and more. It got to the stage where I would rather loose everything than to stay the way I was .

But the way things are working out I am able to change, but nothing else will. I get to keep my job, family and friends after all.

So you never know what is just around the corner..

I'm very content as a man but can't stay away from the other end of teh closet either. I don't think about reassignment.

I can tell you I occasionally see a woman's shape (breasts, hips, butt, wrists, ankles, or neck) when I am out and sigh to myself thinking that I wish I had her shape. Its the size and contours that I think about the most - always things that clearly would help me to pass far easier.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Sure - we all consider that - it is up to each of us to decide for ourselves - however, now having a former brother who had the SRS and seeing what all she has had to go through, I beleive I will stay a crossdresser.

Your sister,

JoAnne Wheeler

No I never been tempted. I enjoy CDing and wearing pretty clothes and such, but I still like being a guy. I love having the best of both worlds. Who says that you can't have your cake and eat it too?

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I'm on HRT, but I still live as a guy most of the time. When I was about 3 till 12 years old I always prayed to wake up as a girl. After puberty it turned into more of an occasional crossdressing thing that I felt guilty about. A couple years ago I started going out and I realized that I really don't have much in common with most crossdressers.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I suppose I have too much invested in my life as a male.
    I can understand that. I think there are really two basic kinds of crossdressers -- the fetishistic ones who get a real thrill out of it and have no desire to be a woman, and the TG ones who just don't want to transition because they think it's not worth it. The TG ones usually also have different places along the gender spectrum where they fit. Some TG crossdressers really hate being guys and the only reason they don't transition is out of fear (often fear of how it'll affect their family), but there are other crossdressers that I would still consider TG, but they're OK with being a guy, too.

I guess I fit in a weird place on the spectrum. I'm TG, and while I'm friends with a lot of crossdressers who do it for fetishistic reasons, I'm also kinda offended by people assuming that's why I do it. I'm slowly transitioning, but at the same time I don't hate being a guy like I used to, and I don't have psychotic anger towards my genitalia like I did for awhile. I honestly

The one thing that really confuses me is the crossdressers who don't get a sexual kick out of it and also don't at all consider themselves TG.

I have thought about it now and then but alas, it's just a fantasy.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land