Thread: What am I and whos been through this

What am I and whos been through this

I've been doing much thinking and I have decided to start living my life 24/7 as a woman. Anything and everything I do is as a woman does. I shave daily, face, legs, chest. I do makeup, even if its just a little bit. My wardrobe is strictly womans clothing now. I wear my female entire to work as well.'

At this point in time I don't foresee going the SRS route but that option is totally not out of the question. I feel like a woman, I look in the mirror, even in male mode and I see a woman. I'm still considering the idea of implants even down the road.

I have been questioning this about myself for a long time now and I have come to the realizations that when I do go in male mode, I feel out of place, I don't feel comfortable, and I don't see myself if I'm not in the female role.

I'm not up on all my terminology but I was wondering, being in this state, what does this make me? Is it more then just being a crossdresser? Also have others been in this situation and where did it go for you and how did you work through it. I am trying to not only be knowledgeable about myself, but of the situations and surroundings of those that have walked through this process as well.

First, all those ID's are just labels.

You are you. Dress and act as you wish.

If you want a label, you could use transsexual or transgenderist, or make one up.

You won't be the first or the last to take occasional crossdressing up a notch. Dressing enfemme 24/7 does not mean you have to transition medically.

It does mean you'll likely need to transition socially if you want to be thought of as a woman.
    DonnaT

I looked like this mostly
    I agree with Donna - those are labels. You are who you are. We do not have labels for all types of transgender people.

Now, since you mention that you are trying to understand the terminology, I think "transgender", the umbrella term, might be the best one. I am in the same boat

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    First, all those ID's are just labels.

You are you. Dress and act as you wish.

If you want a label, you could use transsexual or transgenderist, or make one up.

You won't be the first or the last to take occasional crossdressing up a notch. Dressing enfemme 24/7 does not mean you have to transition medically.

It does mean you'll likely need to transition socially if you want to be thought of as a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle2b View Post
    I agree with Donna - those are labels. You are who you are. We do not have labels for all types of transgender people.

Now, since you mention that you are trying to understand the terminology, I think "transgender", the umbrella term, might be the best one. I am in the same boat

I agree with both. For me I identify as TG even though I am not full time.

Hi there,

Your label is 'Person' or 'Human' Try not to think of what's at the end of the line, you can't know that. Take each day as it comes. Learn and accept and let life guide you on your journey. You will be what you are, enjoy it.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

I understand the labeling replies and agree with them mostly. However we (most of us) do refer to ourselves as cd's, I know I have no problem being called or refered to as a cd.
    If your wondering what you'd fit under I'd also say TG or TS since you want to live fem full time, I see these as (definitions) to descibe a level of ones identity, and not really in a negative way.

Myself I'd consider a cd, as I like living and dressing as both.
    Last edited by Jess_cd32; 11-04-2008 at 03:22 AM.

I'm new here, and don't know much about you. I don't know if you have a SO or not, or whether they will accept what you are planning. It's more important that you know what you are doing to your life. A part time crossdresser has at least some hope of finding a woman who is interested in him. But there are very, very few women who are sexually attracted to post op TS females; lesbians want 'real women', just like straight men do (that would leave you with no one). In fact, I can't remember ever hearing of any unless they were already involved with her when she was a male, sometimes love that was there before transitioning will overcome what you are changing about yourself (but it's not likely, the best you could possibly hope for is that she would remain a friend, but romantically it will be over). If you are interested in men, again, there is a very limited number of men who are interested in TS females, the vast majority of men still see you as just a butchered male. So if you're hoping for any kind of relationship at all, know what you are going to look like to the people you hope to attract. If you can pass as a GG, life may not be too bad. If you don't make a 'hot' woman, life will probably be miserable unless you like the thought of being alone for the rest of your life a good idea. Tread very carefully.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would have to say it makes you , you!

Everyone of us has a mental image of how we should be / want to be. None of us here or in the rest of the world should allow society to label us or anyone else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]I had to come out of the closet, to make room for all my clothes...[/SIZE]

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. It makes perfect sense to classify me as me because Im simply being who I am. Lately I've been getting asked by people what am I in the world of this lifestyle and I couldn't answer exactly because I know there are so many terms, I wasnt sure which I should associate with. It makes much sense as to what all of you have said. Thank you so much

All the acronyms and terminology in the world cannot describe everyone perfectly. I personally am a TG and have been doing the whole fun transition process. I'll also say it's not for everyone. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun and I've been loving it. In the end follow your heart hun
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss