View Poll Results: How many of you would want to get rid of your beards.

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • By shaving

14 22.95%
  • By waxing

2 3.28%
  • By Lazer hair treatment

34 55.74%
  • By electrolysis

29 47.54%
  • By hormones

9 14.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Going for my 3 appontment for Lazer hair removel on my face .

Going for my 3 appontment for Lazer hair removel on my face .

HI I a not a 24/7 Crossdresseer, althought I would loooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee to be someday. But I am getting rig of my beard. I am not getting rid of my stash yet. If you never had lazer hair treament it ,it does hurt. It's like taking a runner band and streaching taut and then letting go on yur face about 1000 time , so once is not bad the frist 300 to 500 are ok it's when it keeps going the you feel it worse but it only lasts for 30 min. My frist time it was ok for the frist 15 min , but then the small pain begain to grow. They said the face of men are more senative the any other place on there body,except the mustach area. and the binkine line. That would hurt. The sesations takes about 30 min, and you need atlest 10 to 12 sesations to get ride of all the hair. They also said If you hair is blonded or grey or light color The lazer won't (SEE) the hair and therefor won't work. If thats the case don't dispair you then need electrolles. sorry cant spell well. Don't get me wrong I loved my beard , but I'd love to not have to cover the dam thing all the time. I have had a beard since I was 18 so you know how much had to shave . Maybe once a week. Now I am shaving everday and I hate it. SO how many of you ladys are thinking of getting rid of your own breards. If you have Q or comments eather post them here witch is better so all can read ,or if you want to talk to me one on one then pm and I will get back to you. Well HUGGS to all of my hairless Girls out there and the ones thst are not LOL,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I voted Lazer Electrolysis and maybe hormones . Althought I don't want a sex Change It would be nice to have the body I want and Yet still be a man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I voted : by shaving.
    And, after shaving, I sometimes apply a device for complexion, specifically conceived for hiding defects of the skin such as the beard.

Nadia

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I have had 90% removed by electrolysis. Here in Dallas there is a place that uses this method and to keep it from being painful, they numb your face by injection, which can hurt, but not like the electrolysis....anyway, I dont have much facial hair, which makes wearing makeup easier, i dont need to cake it on

Electrolysis

Much like Jennifer, my facial hair is over 90% gone and I visit the same technicians. I live in Keller, on the north side of Ft. Worth. I'm also on hormone therapy and have been for about 6 months.

It's wonderful not to have to worry about covering a beard!

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My beard is turning white fast so the question of permanent removal will be irrelevant soon, at least as far as CDing goes.

Still ... I have had some electrolysis done on the parts which are most annoying to shave. I never grow a full beard anyway so it is also tempting to get rid of everything but the goatee. However, electrolysis would be too slow and painful and laser removal will not work on the white hair so.... I live with it.

On the bright side, letting a day or two worth of stubble grow will distract attention from shaped eyebrows.

I voted electrolisis but as of yet it has been shaving. Permanent hair removal is high on the list. Keli

well I am home for the lazer hair place and it hurt a little more than the last time. I think it's because I did not go bace the 1 month that they say but almost 2. I must have forgetten how it felt. oh well a little discomfort now will be worth in when I don't have to wear all that foundation all the time. I still will just a light coat,with a brush not a trowel, Like Tammy Fay Baker.LOL. But I still will do the rest of them. I will keep ou all updated the next one I will get next month.HUGS.
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 11-04-2008 at 09:25 PM.

I'd like to vote for all of the above but realistically, I went with electro. I don't have a ton of facial hair (thank goodness) but it still takes a fair amount of time to pluck what's there in advance of outings or other quality girl time at home. I adore the result and being able to wear minimal foundation makeup. What I'd like to do eventually (soon?) is to get some electrolysis to "thin the trees", making the chore to pluck what's left a lot less time consuming.

Not being able to transition, I'm not sure it would be the best idea to 86 all of what's there. I think I can be happy getting rid of about half.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

blade please

I guess I am just old fashioned. My drab life is manly man type stuff so I sport a goatee and moustache much of the year. I really kind of enjoy the feel of the blade sliding along the skin on my face as much as along my leg.

I don't want to make the commitment of laser or electro and just not into the pain of waxing.

Quote Originally Posted by mykhelee View Post
    I guess I am just old fashioned. My drab life is manly man type stuff so I sport a goatee and moustache much of the year.
    I am keeping my mustach but I HAVE NOT GROWN IT because of the tan lines you get when you take off the beard or stach. Now thats is winter and I can't shave for 3 or 4 days I think I will . cuz with the foundations I use I can cover the small tan line of my beard. HUGGS ALL.

I do it for me =^) Monica_Cobblestone's Avatar
    Laser hair removal all the way

My beard is all gone, it's electrolysis for me. Hormones won't do anything for facial hair. Many other girls I know that have had laser treatments. Have had their hair grow back. While electrolysis takes longer it's results are permanent.

Huggs, Renee

Quote Originally Posted by renee k View Post
    My beard is all gone, it's electrolysis for me. Hormones won't do anything for facial hair. Many other girls I know that have had laser treatments. Have had their hair grow back. While electrolysis takes longer it's results are permanent.

Huggs, Renee
    Yes I have herd that but I paid fo 3 time and now I am done . I think I will go with electrolysis now thanks.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Cut off my beard? No way. Jose!

I don't think I look bad KEEPING MY BEARD. Check out my avatar and signature pics!

Keeping facial hair wasn't on your poll!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I don't think I look bad KEEPING MY BEARD. Check out my avatar and signature pics!

Keeping facial hair wasn't on your poll!
    I voted for Laser. It is getting very popular up here in New England now and a few places around here are designed just for guys. I am planning to use my spring bonus to start I hope. Just want to do face and neck. Don't get me wrong a close shave and Pink Goo, I am shadow free all day. but thinking about going to dance class or just running to the store without any makeup lol. one day
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page

keep the vote coming girls

Laser will only work well on dark hairs as the lighter hairs reflect, rather than absorb, the laser light and heat.

Laser will be faster as more hairs are targeted in one go, compared to the 'hair by hair' method of electroylsis.

My approach has been to use laser to get rid of as many darker hairs as possible and then I'll move on to electroylsis.

I'm planning to have 12 Laser sessions (60 minutes per session and two passes over the face each time).

BTW: Hormones will not rid you of your facial hair, although it may slow down the growth.

Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 11-05-2008 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    Yes I have herd that but I paid fo 3 time and now I am done . I think I will go with electrolysis now thanks.
    I have never tried laser hair removal but I can testify electrolysis is pretty bloody painful - and all I have had done are a couple particularly problematic patches! Whole face? Break out the anaesthetic, you will need it.

laser on the face is painfull too , as i have gone through 13 sessions now and my hair is not dead, my fae hair is course and think, i and i almost cry when she is done with the treatment, even though the rest of my body hair is thinned, its still there , i have to ask the next tiem i go of how much more they think it will take , i had a package and it was 8 g the final result is supposed to be permanent and after my last session will be gaurentted for 2 years no grow back, if it does i get free for life

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I have not done anything to permanatly get rid of my beard but I would love to. I guess it would be all part of my secret plan to be as female as possible.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8