Thread: Back on the wagon (or off, depending on your disposition)

Back on the wagon (or off, depending on your disposition)

First of all i am going to apologise for the blahsfemy the other day in telling you all about my purging (ahh done it again, sorry)

So anyway i purged (ahh again) and have lasted about a month and a half before the pink fog decended in a raging typhoon, (im somewhere near bermuda lost in that triangle thingy on the ss pettycoat)

Im not even sure what a petty coat is actually, anyway due to the purge (anyone would think im doing this on purpose xx) iv spent the day reordering the side that got washed away (overboard!!, woman the lifeboats!!) in a fit of madness and unacceptance of self.

The boats still rocking on the life changing SO chat but somethings bound to capsize, until then you're all right, never P*>@E! (i reckon thats alowd eh? xx) never again. And tommorrow until monday il be there looking more stunning than ever.

Keep being there and il keep on being here.

Someone call the coastgaurd coz im comin back!

Luv ya xxx

Crystal, others have said it here before - DON'T PURGE!!!!!

It's a complete waste of time and money, you'll only need to replace stuff at some point, as you've found out. If necessary, just pack it away somewhere where you can retrieve it when you need to. I found that I dressed less when I had clothes available than when I didn't - if that makes sense. When they weren't there, I'd go out and buy more, when they were many times I couldn't be bothered to dress.

Perhaps the moral of this story is that girls just LOVE to shop!

Just look up at the sky and follow that north star we will get you out of there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Cheers Katie, its good to be back.

good quote.

Of all the things I lost, I missed my mind the most.

but now back better than ever and with a greater understanding that I lay somewhere between the ends of a very blurred spectrum, and I'm by no means alone in there.

I've purged, I've hoarded, I've been confused and I've been frustrated many times. I'm currently in a purging state, but a thoughtful purge, not reckless... Much more cost effective than having to go out and buy everything again.

thoughtful purge: the clearing of items from ones wardrobe that one doesn't wear anymore to make room for new items that will be worn more often making the items one leaves the first time next to go.
    does that sound about right?
    “While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence — which, I believe, does make the woman."
    Mary Kay Ashe

Gosh I sure can't go through that again,and won't.What insanity it was for me last time standing outside a goodwill container with my hefty bags of stuff.As soon as the bags slipped from my hands into the container,I wanted it back,and you can't get back in those boxes.Well that was years ago but I think reliving those few minutes and seeing how quickly my sentiments changed cured me of future poor decisions.

I've been through a few purges, and when I thought I was going to do it again. I would mention it to my hair stylist, confident, makeup artist. Her reply was always just put it away for awhile and let things settle down. Never throw out things like clothes, it will cost more in the long run. I've heeded her advise and learned not to be so spontaneous in my reaction to a feeling.

Huggs, Renee

Yep, ive learnt the hard way. But ive enjoyed a bit of an image change, im lookin better than ever but if the blue fog ever decends again (god forbid) i head your words.

Crys xx

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    There have been times recently when I though about purging but the old line of advise comes back. DON'T PURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8