Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you actually want to go out?

Do you actually want to go out?

Hi girls
    There seem to have been quite a few threads recently about going out and how great it is.

The question is though....Do you actually want to go out?
    Or are you quite happy staying in the closet?

Personally with me, sometimes theres nothing i,d like more, having experianced it a few times late at night, but most of the time i,m more than happy to stay in the closet
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 11-06-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: missed a comma ,

Going Out

I would love to go out but I think I have plenty of work to do before that happens. I have a couple of outfits that I think would work, as Dear Wife gave her approval of them. Maybe one day. I'm happy in the closet but it's getting smaller every year.

YES, I want to go out and mingle with the world. I have a few times and really had fun. There are reasons that I really can't though, so I just stay in the house.

I would say, yes, I definitely want to go out. Have been out once or twice in the company of a GG and the experience was simply marvellous.

I always wanted to go out since I was a child, but I thought I would be satisfied if I only dressed in private. Once my wife took me out (she said Joni needs to feel the sun on her face) and I learned ,"Yes, even I can do this!", then I much prefer going out.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Yes. Too scared of the consequences to do so anywhere near here.

Sarah...

Yes, I look forward to going out whenever I can (which is not often). It is such a much more intense experience than just dressing for yourself. And being seen by others is very much a part of the dressing experience, for GGs just as much as CDers.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

i like my life as is

i will sahre with just my wife .... and i have a wonderful life

jc
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    What Ruth said...
    Last edited by TommiTN; 11-06-2008 at 05:50 PM.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I have been lucky enough to been out on several occasions whilst on holiday at arranged events. I did go once on my own at night but it was not a pleasant experience so would not do it again and definately not in my own locality. I do feel a lot happier if in company of others
    [SIZE="2"]'It's a bitch this feminine itch' [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] http://www.tvchix.com/DeborahAnne
    [/SIZE]

Going out would be fun, but I enjoy the many male aspects of myself such as....HAIR, and I don't feel the NEED to go out! Also the line of work im in makes it difficult seeing as I perform on a regular basis as a musician in MALE Form....that's all im sayin! haha!

I'd love to go out, but wouldn't pass, so if I did it'd have to be at about 3am! LOL!

Whilst it'd be nice to shop dressed, I'm not really interested in being seen by others, although I guess it'd be nice to be taken for a GG.

My main motive for going out would be that it gets boring being stuck indoors for any length of time. Even in drab, I often need to get out of the house, even if just for a walk around the neighbourhood.

Yes I DO !!!!

Just not alone.

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    I think it'd be fun. Not a neccessity for me, but fun.
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Quote Originally Posted by mykhelee View Post
    Yes I DO !!!!

Just not alone.
    Thats how i often feel.
    I,d like to go out, but not on my own.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I dress everyday/everynight, but I do sometimes get a bit agitated, or should I say reclusive. I'm content doing it at home, its just that theres another side saying "I want to go out", and in my opinion, I cant feel like a complete woman until i go out fully dressed with make up on.
    I'm going to a picnic in january outdoors, which will be my first step outside dressed, and I'm thinking of going to a gay nightclub on sunday nights nearby where cd's go too. I'm confident in doing it, and I feel I'm ready.
    Why stay home, if theres a oppurtunity to go out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

It is what it is
    Oh yes, the urge to go out is ever persistent! I have gone out on a Friday or Saturday night a couple of times now, but that was to a bar (a fantastic one at that!!), but I really want to go out whenever and wherever I' want, be it day time, night time, cold or hot out! When you go out and are treated like a normal person, it's such a wonderful feeling

Deborah, there's nothing any of us wants more than to be accepted and even loved for everything we are. Knowing, as we do, how little chance there is for crossdressing to be on that list, the very idea of walking out of the house and meeting other people that smile and tell us how wonderful we look, are nice to us and give us that little appreciative smile that people do when they really like us, if all this happens while we are dressed up, and even to have women (or men, if that's what you want) approach us and let us know that they are attracted to us as the woman we feel ourselves to be, well, that would be one of the high points in my life, and probably everyone else here's as well. We want it so bad we can taste it; every time we're out, and see people looking at a beautiful woman, we think, please, please, god, why can't people look at me that way. Even though we know the chances of it actually happening are so remote, it's like winning the lottery. We want it so much, we're willing to risk it all just for the chance. I know what I look like; a linebacker in a short skirt. I know that 99.9% of the world will think it absurd that I would want to wear it. But I live in eternal, but slim, hope of finding that .1% of women who might love me this way. Problem is, it's beginning to seem like they'll find the fountain of youth before I find a girlfriend.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Is going out a need for me ? Yes !
    That is what my wardrobe is for, going out in.
    (Pictures,..... me on the street, walking along in my wardrobe).

~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Banned Read only
    Many seem to want to go out but fear the outside world or not passing or need to be with someone else...

This is exactly what the many conferences and "weekends en femme" are for. Of the many many girls at BeAll (450) or SCC(over 900!), very few would pass in public. But in the warm embrace of scores and hundreds of like minded folks, there is acceptance and sympathy and fun and so much to learn, that we forget about our "failings" and get to concentrate on our successes.

I would urge all who feel even slightly 'trapped' or feel that their 'closets are getting smaller by the day', to consider going to an event near you. There is camaraderie there, and friendship, and the liberating feeling of being out in the open with sisters and brohers in a safe and welcoming atmosphere.

Fully 10&#37; or more of the attendees at the conferences I mentioned were first-timers, (including myself after decades of being alone)and for all of us, the nerves of doing that for the first time disappeared in the first 10 minutes of stepping into that marvelous crowd. Everybody...and I mean everybody...is on your side and willing to help and prtoect you.

The friends I made there, including more than a dozen girls from here that all met face to face for the first time, will become long time friends and confidants. (At one lunch table that 10 of us shared, 8 were newbies! And by day two we were out and about at restaurants and shopping malls like we'd been doing it for years.)

There's strength (and courage) in numbers, girls and boys!

Search for threads on BeAll and SCC from the past several months...you'll find lots of info there on what even scaredy cats like us can do.

By the way, the conferences are very open to couples, too. There were many husband and wife teams there, with even special events and gatherings for the wives and SOs.

I was a confirmed stay at home, too, for a long long time. Now I'm a firm believer in the value of gatherings like these. It's how we grow!

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I've been out about 8 times and mostly, they've been great experiences. I've only been out to GLBT bars though. I'm not passable and not ready for the mall on Saturday afternoon!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Well, yes and no Debs. I used to go the the club every Friday and Saturday night without fail and sometimes outings with my friends. I would also go to the local UU church occassionally on Sunday. Lately it's been like pulling teeth to get me to go anywhere though, not quite sure why. I seem more content to be an old coot with a mustache these days and advise other T-Gals. It's either Grandpa syndrome or I'm going to hell in a handbasket, hard to say really. Don't get me wrong, when I do manage to pull myself out there as Aria, I thoroughly enjoy myself as always.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I do NOT have the urge to go out. I am perfectly happy inside.

No reflection on anyone else intended here, but in my personal opinion, and as far as I personally feel, I consider going out dressed as both dangerous and stupid.----and I think that alone sorta kills the urge in me.

I think there is a distinction between being a "private" CDer and a "closeted" CDer. A private CDer fells no urge or need to go out and a closeted CDer "wants" to go out, but fear keeps him/her inside. I consider myself a private CDer. The psychology of the thing may be different with different people.

I used to be able to go to a club where I live that was Gay/Lesbian/CD etc friendly. It was a hoot and my SO went at least twice a week. Unfortunatly, it closed about five years ago and since then I've hardly been fully dressed at all. Just not the same without the "outside the house" experience.

Just seems like such a waste to get all dolled up with no chance to be with others.

Hugs
    Kerry Lee

Do you actually want to go out? Yes, I do.

I've been slowly working up to it.

I finally have a wig after trying on about a dozen of them or so on at the wig shop. So this weekend will probably have me going out fully dressed.
    You hold onto friends by keeping your heart a little softer than your head.