Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words That Out You

Ivy

Words That Out You

I saw this humorous response from Katie B in another thread, so I thought I'd add a few other words that'll get strange looks from guys and surprised looks from GGs if you use them in casual conversation. Mine and Katie's are light-hearted, but add what you will:

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    Sure, didn't you know that? Also, any man who uses more than one of the following words in a given 24-hour period automatically becomes gay:
    • beige
    • quiche
    • pretty
    • panties
    • cute (not applicable in the USA)
    • hankie
    • Judy Garland
    • adore
    LOL!!!! Maybe the Food Network has made eating quiche okay

- window treatment, though thanks to home shows, more acceptable. Wall treatment, then.

- Boucle'
    - D'orsay
    - peep toe
    - Ombre
    - VPL
    - adding an adjective descriptor when describing the color "white" i.e. Winter White, Eggshell White

- hairstyle. How often do you ever hear another guy use that word?

- top (when referring to a shirt, blouse..might as well include "outfit", too)

- love (when referring to anything but a person or dog), I love your hairstyle!

- Louboutin

- ohmygod

- Appletini

- B*tchy. B*tch counts too as long as you are in a happy mood. Biatch does not count.

- Gorgeous

Addendum: Well Katie, it made me laugh, sometimes the deadly serious stuff is the funniest

Second Addendum: I thought it would be fun to attmept to use Katie's words without attracting attention:

Beige - Yes officer, they sped away in a beige four door sedan, but I missed the plate.

Quiche - I'll try some of this, what's kwee-chee?

Pretty - aside from saying "pretty ugly", "I'm looking for some Pretty House", but unless you're a House Music fan, skip it (and maybe the teensiest bit femme if you know enough about House Music )

Panties - Don't get your panties in a bunch!

Cute - Reese Witherspoon is cute.

Hankie - It's more polite to say, "you dropped your hankie, miss" than snotrag.

Judy Garland - Duuude get some weed and watch The Wizard Of Oz while listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, Judy Garland melts like halfway through.

Adore - "Perfect" is on Smashing Pumpkins "Adore" album.
    Last edited by valenstein; 11-07-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Reply to Katie

Oh my god, I am SO finished. It's all over. I use one of those words practically every minute. Okay, I'll admit that I'm somewhat exaggerating, but still. I j'adore this thread.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    Last edited by VeronicaMoonlit; 11-07-2008 at 01:22 PM.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I t isn't just words or phrases of course that will give you away it is also actions
    As for words I guess mine are same as already stated plus a few others
    Sweet or sweety.
    So Adorable.
    Oh My.
    So devine.
    How Awful.
    No Realy.
    Oh it's so you.
    Some of the actions are (and I am so guilty of these that I have had remarks made in my work place)
    Leaving the toilet seat down.
    Always bending at knees and crouching to reach low places (yes i know it the proper way)
    Brushing behind legs with hands before sitting (as though I had a skirt or dress on)
    Sitting with hand up across cleavage area and playing with necklace when thinking deeply or concentrating.
    Crossing both hands over chest and saying 'Oh my god' when hearing some unusual news.
    Keeping knees together and ankles crossed whenever seated
    [SIZE="2"]'It's a bitch this feminine itch' [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] http://www.tvchix.com/DeborahAnne
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    "I love that skirt, do they have them in a 14?"
    or
    "Can I try your shoes on?"
    or
    "I'll be the judge of that cheekychops!"

Ivy
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    Apparently it's the same in Japanese http://wwwsoc.nii.ac.jp/gender/journ.../AA_sasaki.htm.
    There are certain feminine words that men never use, but younger Japanese women are increasingly using words that in the past were seen as masculine. "If a man uses feminine forms, he is in fact saying, ‘I want to be feminine’ and trying to communicate this feeling to his listeners and his language is carrying a special message."

Now it looks as if we have that in English too...?
    I knew a guy who went to Japan for a few years and learned to speak Japanese from a couple of girls he met there; he said guys used to tease him for speaking like a girl.

behavior led to the words that seem to have verified it.

I got caught playing with the back of my hair. And my hair is pretty short. The woman had walked up behind me while I was surfing the net, and said in a curious manner, 'What...are...you...doing with your hair?'. The mistake was I came out with an extended 'Uhhhh' before responding with, 'I was painting and got some spackle in my hair, I was just seeing if it was still there'. She looked at me as if she was absolutely positive that I was lying, which I was. It's kind an unconscious behavior I have since I've been wearing long wigs, and like to play with them and untangle the hair whenever I am idle.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Fabulous

Wicked

Using the word so instead of "very" or "completely" as in: "I am so over him, girlfriend."

OMG, i,m outed, my cover has been blown
    I use those words all the time in guy mode

OMG is another that can out you its too polite for some

A lot of times it comes down to when and how you use the words
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

The Unlucky
    Quote Originally Posted by valenstein View Post

- adding an adjective descriptor when describing the color "white" i.e. Winter White, Eggshell White
    Half True.

"Alpine White" is the perfectly acceptable phrase to describe a white BMW.

Adjective descriptors are acceptable only when discussing car colors.

A convenient excuse

I have four daughters and am a very hands on parent. Most men have a crayon box with 8 colors, mine is the full 164. A couple I know bought a new sofa, I said it was a lovely champaigne beige, got a strange look from him and a smile from her. I explained that with four daughters you had to know a lot more about style and fashion than the avg. dad.

I put a bit of effort into keeping my fem traits out of sight when in drab, have to watch the whole comfort level though. Had a male friend ask me if I was gay because of my mannerisms, blew his mind when I told him I dress. We didn't speak for two months until he got over himself.

These words so far have to be dead giveaways.
    panties ..... hankie ..... Judy Garland ..... adore ..... quiche Gorgeous ..... VPL ..... Louboutin ..... Boucle' .....D'orsay
    Ombre ..... How Awful ..... No Really ..... So Adorable
    Oh My ..... So devine ..... Oh it's so you .....
    top, blouse, outfit ..... hairstyle ..... Sweet or sweety.
    Peep toe. You can add all other female related shoe terms to that.
    Appletini. OK a GG friend of mine drinks these & doesn't even call them that, lol
    B*tchy. B*tch counts too as long as you are in a happy mood. Biatch does not count.

Don't forget: Honey if not talking to your SO,
    Precious, Darling, Ensemble, Mauve, Endearing, Heart Felt, Heart of Hearts.

But you can get away with using these in certain situations.

cute (not applicable in the USA*)
    *Only if talking about babies, or anything small & furry.

beige - not unless your in a paint store.

adding an adjective descriptor when describing the color "white" i.e. Winter White, Eggshell White.
    I think this goes for pretty much any color.
    This is acceptable when talking about cars. [Polar White, Wimbledon White]

love (when referring to anything but a person or dog), I love your hairstyle!
    Also ok when used in: I love it when .......

Pretty - as long as your not describing an inanimate object.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

hmm I might be in trouble. I dont use the word biege too much but panties or cute.. even pretty.. Oh well I guess there are worse things in this world than being thought of as gay.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie C View Post
    Fabulous

Wicked

Using the word so instead of "very" or "completely" as in: "I am so over him, girlfriend."
    Uhhh.. They say wicked here in the Nor'east like it's second nature, man..

..it's just SO very.. you know?

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel.Marie76 View Post
    Uhhh.. They say wicked here in the Nor'east like it's second nature, man..

..it's just SO very.. you know?

;-)

Then you can't imagine how "gay" it sounds to an outsider(not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I've heard myself on recordings and I use "actually" a lot when I speak. Overall, I sound like a total flamer. I'm not sure it would matter what words I used. It's not a girly voice. It's more like Albert in "The Bird Cage" but not quite so extreme. Even gay people avoid me because I might out them by association. After hearing my voice, it's no wonder the women at work made me an honorary member of the "chick clik." They don't know I'm a crossdresser but they sense that I'm not really a "dude."

I would say that most, if not all, of the words mentioned are unisex in this day and age.

It's the limp-wristed wave of your hand while you are saying the words that is the dead giveaway.

Calling the color tan "beige" is acceptable, calling it mauve is gay.
    Referring to anything except a preditor as being "fierce" is so totally gay.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    Told this story before, but it fits here pretty well...

I was painting office furniture when my lady boss walked by and asked "What color do you call that?"

"It's a dark teal", I said...

"Well!", she replied," Here's a man who knows more than 3 colors!"

"That's so gay!", said our 19 year old intern that was following behind her.

"Hey, dude!", I told him, " If ya wanna be able to talk to chicks, you gotta speak their language!"

I've been known to use the term "beige" fairly frequently, and have also used "panties", "cute", "hairstyle", "top", "outfit", and "Appletini" on various occasions. I've even used half of those words or more in a single conversation before, describing "beige panties" or a "cute top/hairstyle/outfit" and such. The people I hang out with usually don't think anything of it, and my SO only makes fun of me for it sometimes on "top" and such.

Most certainly not gay, btw, I'm about as straight as you can get, I just have a rather strong feminine side to go along with my masculinity and body hair

"I'll be your stewardess Karren today"

"I'm trying to maintain my girlish figure"

"I left my heels at home"

"You should try doing that in a skirt"

"Your too sweet"

"That is sooo cute"

And the one I told my wife.... "Yes those are my skirts.... I like to crossdress""
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Semi Sane innocent angel
    phrase that have gotten me weird looks.

I get my nails filled twice a month.

damn it you made me break a nail

Last night me and the girls went to a lesbian bar

I've met some of my best friends in gay bars

That's not pink that salmon
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    That dress would real nice with a kitten heel. The next thing is how do you know about kitten heels. You know that suit just needs a little color and it would pop. Oh well I am living on both side of the divide and loving it more each day.

It seems a little silly to imply that having a more intelligent and descriptive use of the language is detrimental. I would suggest the ones who need sympathy are those whose best efforts are to describe the floor as brown and the walls as white! i'd much rather be outed as femme than be restricted to " I'll have a Bud! How's it hangin?""

Banned Read only
    "You see that girl over there, her in blue? Well I've got the exact same dress at home."
    Last edited by avril findlay; 11-08-2008 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    That dress would real nice with a kitten heel. The next thing is how do you know about kitten heels. You know that suit just needs a little color and it would pop. Oh well I am living on both side of the divide and loving it more each day.
    I talked to a co-workers about her kitten heels. And after my lame excuse about how I knew what they were, she teased me by saying, "you'll be wearing kitten heels soon." It make my day!!

I don't mind subtly outing myself to her. Though I doubt I ever tell her directly. I have talked to her about her clothes, eyeshadow and lipstick... She has been wearing this fabulous skirt and I plan on mentioning to her about it being a trumpet skirt, but the situation hasn't quite been right yet.