Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For All the Petite CDs

For All the Petite CDs

Do you feel blessed to be petite? And did you endure nightmares before starting (and accepting) your dressing because of being petite?

I was hesitant about sharing this...but who else I could share this but with you. Finally, after starting dressing I got to like myself, I mean the physical me. I am 5”10 and 130. And I look 10 years younger. I was always very petite. And as a teenage boy and a young man in his 20s I struggled with it, a lot. Teenage boys naturally compete who's the biggest and baddest boy. And how much authority can you have when you are a 25 year old young man but you look like a petite 15 year old? The answer is, not much. So, you can imagine my joy after many years of wishing to be more manly I found out that I am lucky not to look manly. There were oh so many times I wished I was more like my dad. But now when I'm browsing skirts size 6 I feel really happy.

P.S. Yes, it seems I have some issues from my growing up
    Clara

Maybe you mistyped, but you said you're 5' 10" tall - that's not petite!

At 5' 4" tall I'm on the petite border, but I'm at the avg height of an American woman.

Before, I was alway fat and a size 12 to 16, then I lost 65 lbs and became a 4. I've been a 4 to 6 for 3 years now, and the clothes selection is awesome.

The thing is that I never looked 5"10. I just always look tiny. There were lots of guys shorter than me but I always look smaller than them. Even my wife warned me before meeting her family to be prepared that I'll be the smallest man and not to feel too bad about it. Only to find out when I was standing right next to them that I was the tallest.

By the way, you're the perfect size!
    Clara

I'm 5'7" ish, have been for 5 years and am only 20, haven't gained more than 5-10 pounds during that time either, so I'm only 115-120. I'm a sophomore in college now and am pretty much the same size I was as a freshman in high school! It does give a nice selection of clothing, though, I'm about a size 5-6 and like it a lot. Now that I'm pretty much out on my own, it's become even more necessary for me to get my own clothes instead of borrowing my mom's and sister's, but I needed to anyway, I'm too small for their clothes even though I'm 4 years older than my sister! It's mostly that I have no hips....

But yeah, being petite is kinda nice, I really don't mind being smaller than most everybody else. My SO is taller than me, which I only mind a little bit, and much larger than me physically, which I don't mind at all, love her for who she is. I know she loves me for who I am too, which is why I hope everything will go well when I tell her, I'm just nervous that she'll think I'm not the same person I was before...

In conclusion, petite-ness is nice (and I like longer posts)!

I think sizing is overrated, you must look tiny, I am 5'10'' and 145lbs and feel happy with no problem finding clothes you should look incredible at 130lbs

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar

What is petite extactly?

The whole clothing size thing seems a little up for grabs. I have size four jeans that fit well and size six. Underwear is size six. I have to watch out for dresses being too small in the chest area, not because of boobs, but from chest measurement.
    And I'm 5'10" and roughly 150-155 lbs. I wouldn't describe me as petite???
    Love will find its own way through.

What is petite

Sizes regularly vary according to manufacturer's lines.

Appleseed's has good standard in its Fall 2008 catalog.

petite: 4'11" to 5'4"

misses: 5'4" to 5'8"

womens: 5' 81/2" to 6'

The catalog shows you how to measure yourself and to translate those measurements into actual sizes.

Good luck girls! And, of course, happy shopping.

Liz

I'm considered petite for my size but I am a size 14-16 petite. I am 5'5" and 165 lbs. I would love to lose 30-35 lbs. I guess I would have to try to get back into the regimen I was dedicated to when I was in highschool when I ran crosscountry.

I love dressing as a petite woman! It is more fun then dressing like a boring guy!

emmi

I've always been on the small side for years I was 5'7'' and 120 pounds now I'm 150 pouns and love it.
    Angie

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    well ladies, i was once six feet tall and 250 pounds almost fitting into my ex's clothes(size 20-22). I am now six feet tall and fitting into size 11-12 jeans and a natural b cup chest. for me i consider that petite and i love it!!!!!!
    when in doubt, dress

Although I'm not petite at 5'8" I wouldn't mind being a little smaller. I'm at the top end height wise and can pull off wearing wearing three to four inch heels. Which suits me just fine, and finding clothes that fit properly is a plus too!

Huggs, Renee

Oh, fer shure! I have always hated being smallish as a guy. Me too Renee. 5"8"--not really extremely small, and 145 pounds--however I can wear size 10 dresses, and they usually fit just perfect. Wonderful advantage as a cd. I tried to give away some older outfits at a support group meeting--but no one else could fit into my clothes--even the wives were bigger than me. Sigh.

I dont think i can say im a Petite gurl, but when it comes to a guy, yes i am defiantly. Im 5'8" and 135-140lbs, with 28-30"waist. so as a guy yes i look rather small, but when im En-Fem i think i look more like your average healthy gurl, maybe my arms are a little big, but other than that average thru and thru.

so i think most of you that consider yourself petite, i think perhaps you mean, your a petite guy.
    Dosed By You

Quote Originally Posted by Clara View Post
    By the way, you're the perfect size!
    Yeah, 5' 4" - I can buy petite, misses, and schoolgirl sizes! - So bad for my wallet though!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth2- View Post
    Sizes regularly vary according to manufacturer's lines.

womens: 5' 81/2" to 6'

Good luck girls! And, of course, happy shopping.

Liz
    I am ALL woman!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

The size thing is something not to get too hung up on.

Petite sizing for a genetic woman is much different than describing a tg girl as petite. Very few of us would fall into the sizing guidlines to be a "petite gg". I hope I'm not being presumptious but I think the intent of Clara when she posted this was to describe herself at 5'10" as feeling blessed for being "petite", perhaps compared with the average male height out there.

I'm 5'9" and by no means would I be petite in terms of gg sizing. Yet I do feel blessed that I am not any taller. This height actually works well in both guy and girl mode. Much shorter and I'd be considered short as a guy.

And about clothes sizing, I've said before that is all over the map as well and shouldn't be considered something to brag about. I happen to be 160-ish and my figure is proportioned pretty well, including having quite the feminine tush. Just because I own one pair of jeans that are a size 4 and a size 6 dress which fits like an absolute dream, it doesn't mean I run around thinking I'm a petite girl. I start in medium or size 8 land and go up or down from there, depending on the fit.

Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Yeah, 5' 4" - I can buy petite, misses, and schoolgirl sizes! - So bad for my wallet though!

Kate buying schoolgirl sizes should be good for your wallet
    They normally cost less

Maybe you have your spending priorities wrong
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    I'm 5'11" in the 3" heels I normally wear when dressed, which is fine by me. I don't know any CDrs who are "petite", but the GGs who are 5'4" or under that I know all say they'd like to be at least a couple of inches taller.

I guess it's all in the mind. If you're 5'10" and you think you're petite, fine, but I'd be looking up at you and I don't feel petite. But then I don't have a thing about size or height.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

At 5' 11" I'm certainly not petite, but I am "small boned", which might be what Clara meant. I relate somewhat to what she is saying. When I was 18 (a long time ago), I was 6' but only 136 pounds with a 29 inch waist. My arms were thin, not very manly at all. Now that I'm aging I've lost an inch in height, but I still have very thin arms and legs. It has made it easier to fit into feminine cloths and put me a little closer to being passable. As far as you shorter girls are concerned, I'm green with envy.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    They normally cost less

Dear Shelly, good moderator, PLEASE don't get Kate started...
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Now that I'm aging I've lost an inch in height...
    Cool, I might be 5'8" soon!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    At 5' 11" I'm certainly not petite, but I am "small boned", which might be what Clara meant.
    Yup, that's what I meant. By no means I am a petite girl but as a guy I always felt and look very small and not manly compare to other guys, shorter guys included.
    Clara

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    They normally cost less

The only girl clothes I like is real Catholic Schoolgirl uniforms; I went to a school shop and the skirts were $40 each; got Salvation Army thrift ones for $1.62.

Girl Scout uniforms are ugly!

My next thing to get into - sexy club dresses!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Rite on SJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    The size thing is something not to get too hung up on.
    And about clothes sizing, I've said before that is all over the map as well and shouldn't be considered something to brag about. I happen to be 160-ish and my figure is proportioned pretty well, including having quite the feminine tush. Just because I own one pair of jeans that are a size 4 and a size 6 dress which fits like an absolute dream, it doesn't mean I run around thinking I'm a petite girl. I start in medium or size 8 land and go up or down from there, depending on the fit.
    I'm about 5' 10", 150 lbs. I do most of my shopping at the thrift stores, where nothing is organised by size. I usually fit into 8 to 12's, but I don't shop that way. If I see some thing I like, I measure the waist, chest and/or shoulders, to see if it will fit. I bought a schoolgirl skirt the other day. It says size "15". That means AGE 15! I can just squeeze it around my waist! Which I consider a "perfect fit".

I like being slim. It's easier to ADD to my figure to create the female shape I prefer, than squeeze everything in. One problem exception being my wide ribs. They must be forced in for me to look fem!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!