Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your first item of clothing?

What was your first item of clothing?

My first item i wore was a pair of girls jeans bought for me by my Mum when i was about 7 or 8.

I was horrified by the "girl" tag on the label and protested, but soon they became my favourite pair of trousers.

Can you laydees remember your first item?

Banned Read only
    I've posted this elsewhere. Aged 4 wearing a little pleated skirt, navy knickers, white socks and brown sandals. With my 5 year old sister and her friend. Three little girls playing together.

first

was a gymslip my mother had when at school
    and the nick lowe quote is also the title of a track recorded by Brinsley Schwartz
    Spelling bad because the fairies make love on my keyboard.

my mothers shoes,
    then her skirt, then bra, panties. . . .

I bought a denim skirt and pink T shirt from K Mart the second week I had a part time job going though high school. Did a great job (I think) hiding them from the rest of the family.

Oh happy days

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie100 View Post
    was a gymslip my mother had when at school
    and the nick lowe quote is also the title of a track recorded by Brinsley Schwartz
    As Nick played bass for Brinsley Schwartz that's not really surprising!

First Item of Clothing

I think you mean what item of clothing you bought for yourself?

In that case it wasn't until I was about 18 or so and bought some lovely lacey navy blue knickers from Eatons Department Store here in Canada. I became a regular face in there and the saleswomen became very helpful and cool about it all!

Other than that the first thing I tried on was rubber pants from when i was little and then one day mum had some friends over and their little girls took me into the laundry room and made me put on mum's freshly washed knickers and nylons!. Even though I was about 5 it still blew me away lol but mum wasn't too impressed,LOL!

Hugs

Penelope

My first item was pantyhose.
    ColleenW

I was 12 years old and it was my mother's bra, white size 36c. In retrospect it was practically preordained that this would become a lifelong obsession once the hooks went together and the straps went over the shoulders.

Not sure what you want to know. First 'fem' item? I was probably 2, mom put me in my sisters old clothes, supposedly to keep me from again ruining my boy clothes (but I have a real suspician that she was doing my hair up like a girl's too, because my hair in my toddler pictures was longer than was acceptable at that era). The very first thing I remember choosing to dress up without anyone else's suggestion I was 4, my sister was going to school, I wanted to go to so I took some of her clothes to do so. A few years later, on my own I took one of my sisters old dresses out of storage to dress up. The first thing I bought for myself was a cami and tap pant set.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I remember wearing stockings, a garter belt and panties, I can still remember the feeling(s)!!!!! BTW, that was a very long time ago, I like dinosaurs roamed the earth then!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

When I became adult proper, I got, by mail order, a 24" grey pencil skirt.
    It was a wonderful baptism to acquiring items gradually...........
    then my first pair of 3" black suede heels were memorable. But isn't every item?!

Aspiring Member

petticoat

I've said this so many times now, but it was my sister's petticoat. I snuck in her room and put it on. I was 4 or 5. Loved petticoats ever since.
    Also, I heard Nick Lowe interviewed on Fresh Air, NPR,
    He said he thought of the title "What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?" years before he wrote the song. He said he knew he had a great title, but knew he wasn't ready to write a song good enough for the title until much later. It is truely one of the great songs of all time.

I've seen a photo of myself wearing pantyhose when i was around three years old, but my first memories would be a neighbours pair of shoes.

Wow, what a life!
    Purchased: Black garter belt and stockings. Borowed: Sister's pantyhose and other clothing at age 7 or so (anything I could get my hands on really.)

The first thing I bought for my self was a pair of L'eggs pantihose in the little plastic egg, around age 15. I was scared stiff, and thought everyone in the store was staring at me.

Jaydee

A long time ago-like 50+ years-my mother's underthings, then her dresses, then my sister's tight pants, then-only in my head for about 10 years!-clothes I would someday buy myself.

Blossoming flower
    It would have to be a lace teddy and stockings from my mom. She would later that summer catch me wearing them. I loved them.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    For me the first thing I ever bought was several colors of pantyhose! That was in 1982 I even had fishnets and did not care much for them.

My GF high heels and it went on and on.......... until I want to wear everything.
    Suzanne

I believe it was a dress that all three of my sister had worn, we were playing one day and they put it on me, but I do not remember if I asked to wear it or they put it on me, but I do remember I really enjoyed wearing it, it was polyester and was so soft.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Does nail polish on toes count?

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    My first fem item was my cousin's bra. I was cleaning out our spare bedroom and it came tumbling off the top of boxes, still tagged/hangered and everything. I grabbed it and hid it instinctually and wore it off and on from time to time. I even found a pair of tights on top of the same box, unopened.
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Age 9 - a pair of my sisters panties - little blue floral - cotton - lollypops

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Definately panty hose and a pair of heels, just which item came first I havent a clue......