Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long after you strated CDing did you first venture out in public and....

How long after you strated CDing did you first venture out in public and....

what was your first venture out into public?

Day time...night time?????

Banned Read only
    Back when I was 25 (5'10,150 lbs.) I put on a yellow turtleneck, well padded bra, short skirt, black opaque pantyhose, heels, and a hot red vinyl raincoat. I went from one apartment building to another, past the postman on the stairs, looked back and he smiled, said hello, and almost tripped over his tongue. That was right after I began and I guess that hooked me. There was probably a 20 year gap, while my kids grew up that I never went out in public. Now I can't stop.............................Michelle......... ..nice to think that at one time I was "hot" and my only make-up was lipstick.................

[SIZE="2"]First time dressed was February 2003, first time in public was at Diva Las Vegas in I think, April or May 2003. What was I thinking?![/SIZE]
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/vivianchen05

Empress of Awesome

Wedding!

I was 25ish, attended a wedding in a short black sweater dress.

Yes, I asked the bride and groom first, they loved the idea.

I turned a few heads..... and really made the bride's family mad. Most everyone else thought it was just great.

The first time I went outside in womens clothing was actually when I was 10. Had been wearing my mothers things for 3 years by then,, early one morning ... Ended up streaking up and down the street wearing just a long line girdle and a bra. Lol. Kids!!

the next time I ventured out was in High School.. Was 16. Late one night while everyone was asleep.. I've told this story a few times so I won't go into details.. It was a hoot!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Public Appearance?

I did go out to a Holloween party dressed when I was in my teens, but I did not have a wig or makeup. So I don't think that really counts. Stephanie did not really make a "proper" appearance until after I was married. Then my dear late wife did my makeup and fixed my wig so that Stephanie looked like Stephanie. Lord, do I miss those times!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I fully dressed in my teens and went for a drive once, got caught by someone and stopped for many years. I never fully dressed and really went out until my wife helped me for a costume party in my late twenties and then several times after that.

Banned Read only
    My first clear memory of being out on my own was aged about 6 or 7, spending some of the school holidays with my Gran where I dressed as a girl all the time I was there. Being invited to play with another girl who lived two buildings down and walking round on my own wearing a floral dress and frilly knickers.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Started dressing in mom's clothes at 7, did the Halloween thing a few times till I was in my mid 20's then would do late night drives for a few years on and off but not that often. A Halloween here and there, even once had GF that insisted she dress me up as a girl for Halloween, I put up a big fight (yeah). Then 4 years ago found the girls on the internet, and was invited out to a Halloween party in NYC. I got dressed to the 9's and took the train into the city from Jersey, was a fun night, never went back into the closet after that. The difference was I accepted myself for who I am, I'm just sorry it took me this long to realize, this wasn't just something I was doing for fun it was a part of who I am. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry-Stephanie View Post
    what was your first venture out into public?

Day time...night time?????
    My first venture out in public was daytime, Halloween 2001, but it was 23 - 24 years before that I first crossdressed.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

My first time was around 6 years ago when i was living in Yorkshire. Having decided that i was too scared to go through with becomming i wman i stopped and then purged all my clothes.

Saturday was my "first" real night out with Kim85 and met up with some ladies in croydon.. I forgot how alive it made me feel and it strengthend my choice on going the whole way to transitioning to become a woman full time.

Now if i could get over the fear of going outside in day light id be a very happy girl lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]I had to come out of the closet, to make room for all my clothes...[/SIZE]

The first time I Crossdressed was somewhere around 1972, the first time outin public was to a Halloween party this year. So I guess about 36 Years
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I started at 7, but the first time I ever was in public was when I went to my group therapy in my mid thirties. I just wore one of my jumpers, tights and flats - no makeup or wig. Several people did not even notice I was dressed, even one of my childrens therapists who happen to be in the waiting room. She told me later she did not notice untill I walked away. She said "That took a lot of courage!" In the same vein, when I opened up to a close gg friend, I was dressed the same and she did not notice I was dressed either at first.

The first time I went out fully dressed was when my wife took me out 8 years ago when I was 44. She said Joni needs to feel the sun on her face. Why did I wait so long???
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I started cd'ing fully about 12 years ago and still haven't been out in public. My (now ex) gf said she would be up for it at a club or party but never got chance to put it into practice.
    Guess I'm just waiting for the chance to go out with company to give me the courage!
    Living on the edge might be dangerous, but it has an awesome view!!

First time out in public

My first and only time ever was last week for about an hour at an Halloween party during the evening. Everything went fine but I was so nervous and shy and shaking in my heels.
    Suzanne

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    My first venture out in public. Well, let's see; when I was very small my Mom used to dress me as a girl sometimes. She said the first time I was about 4 years old and it was for Halloween, but she said she got such a charge out of it because no one knew I was a boy that she kept doing it for a while, taking me with her shopping or to the park. I don't guess this counts because I don't consciously remember any of it.

My second time was back in the 80s. I took a late night drive en femme and got read by a couple of co-workers. I've told the story before so I won't go into the details here. The incident did throw some cold water on me, though, and I didn't venture out again until earlier this year, which leads to...

...my 3rd time out in public. I joined a support group that meets in a city a few hours from my home. We went to dinner and it was still daylight (summer time). I was scared shirtless but went through with it. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had. Now I visit the group once a month or so to get out and about and be with others of like mind. I love it and would love to do it more often but can't due to the culture where I live (small Southern town).
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

The first time out in public I will never forget. The wife and I had to make a 6 hr drive to a work meeting. We decided to take my fem clothes for the drive home. I dressed in the motel room in the morning and we drove home. i was petrified just walking out the door of the motel. We stopped at a rest area and walked around a bit just to streach our legs and went to the ladies room at a jack in the box. this came about one year after i started dressing.

about 40 years and it was Halloween 2006.
    Angie

Started dressing at 5 years old. By the time I was 12 I was a "Latch-Key Kid", i.e. home alone from after school. I would dress up in Mom's clothes and put my hair up in rollers with a scarf and often take our dog for a walk. That was in the mid-1950s. Janice was a much better student than male self and "she" would take over to do all the homework. Would go out for walks several times a week.

Mom asked me what girl was over walking the dog. I told her just a friend.
    Janice Ailene:

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    It would have to be about 30 years from the time I first tried women's to the time I first went out.
    Maybe I need to pick up the pace a bit.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Started buying my own cd clothes in 1990, was always a guy in a dress. Found this site in 2005 and learned full drag, first went out total drag in Oct 2006 in Bowling Green KY during a temp job there.

I started dressing in my sis stuff when i was 7, but it wasn't until after years of denial, self-doubts and countless panic attacks i went out for the first time ( at nite ) in may this year ( i'm now 41 )

I have only been able to dress fully since I retired 6 years ago. My first time out was 4 years ago to a club. A fantastic experience which showed me that there were lots of CDs around and made me much more comfortable with myself. I now go out at every opportunity which is unfortunately not very often. Totally adicted though.

Alicia
    Ali Cats Creameries

Home is where the cream is.
    I was born into a life of cream.
    Cream is Forever.

Oddly, my first time seriously dressing was my first time out. A transgender friend took my wife and I with her when she went to her Mary Kay consultant, and we ended up all going out that night with some of the other transgirls the Mary Kay lady works with.

how long to go out

I started dressing at age 8, and besides a few walks in the yard with a dress and womans outfits it took me until I was 65 to actually go out dressed as a woman (57yrs) and wish I had done it sooner. No one notices that I am not a woman and am addressed as Maam or Miss where I go. Usually shopping and lunches. I am pretty tall and seem to blend pretty easily when I am out.
    Janet