Thread: Have you noticed?

Silver Member

Have you noticed?

I have been out enfemme a few times recently and sonething occured to me. Now I was in salons and makeup stores and clothing shops and found that although the women around me clearly new I was male they spoke as if I was one of them. I really can't even say exactly what made me feel this way. They spoke to each other and me about fashion... Have others here noticed this? If so maybe you can give a better illustration of what i think I experienced. Thanks, Sara

Yes I've noticed that too. I don't question it. I have had some folks from church ask me about different things along those lines. A freind of mine who works at a make counter told me about some of the ladies at the other brand counters. She noticed that the ladies are nice and very polite. Then after that person leaves she notices them talking about them and it's sometimes the type of talk of "can you beleive".

This happens to just about anyone who doesn't fit their bill. When I'm out the sales people are very nice and the salon girls are very talkative, some of them are courious. I've had people come up to me and ask about me and usually they respond on how nice I look and some comment on how well I walk in those heels.

The one big thing that really helps is my attitude. It's very positive and I go about my business. I'm who I am and this is who I am, I'm alright. I am just dandy or should I say Sandra. I smile, I walk with a wiggle in my butt. If we go about our business and put it out there that we are who we are and we have a purpose with a positive attitude then we will get the nice replies and people will be courtious toward us.

Remember ATTITUDE

HUGS Sandra

Have not yet had that experience while enfemme, but purchased womens glasses in DRAB and tried on many pairs - I'm sure they talked about me when I left
    JoAnne Wheeler

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    I have been out enfemme a few times recently and sonething occured to me. Now I was in salons and makeup stores and clothing shops and found that although the women around me clearly new I was male they spoke as if I was one of them. I really can't even say exactly what made me feel this way. They spoke to each other and me about fashion... Have others here noticed this? If so maybe you can give a better illustration of what i think I experienced. Thanks, Sara
    ...pretty fun , isnt it

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    Have not yet had that experience while enfemme, but purchased womens glasses in DRAB and tried on many pairs - I'm sure they talked about me when I left
    JoAnne Wheeler
    I am sure if they did say anything it was minimal. I bought two pair of glasses recently, both more feminine frames and when I showed my picture to the optician, she had suggestions as to what would fit me dressed better. Comments were made to how well I looked and suggested contacts. I have found that most sales people focus on the sale and really don't care why you buy anything.

I don't shop dressed much, usually in my male persona, but when I do out dressed to eat or a club, the GG's usually act like I am one of them. The strangest thing was when i was in a women's restroom and the convo that went on between stalls

Amazing Member
    I think the places I go to buy glasses are more interested in making a sale than whether I get somewhat femme glasses or not. These days too, what is a femme style today, is unisex tomorrow.
    If they try to direct me to the men's glasses, I just say, I like this one, or that one, in the femme section.
    I never did get the nerve to buy the ones with the big, shocking pink plastic frames though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    It's normal. Welcome to the tribe...
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The women I work with daily always refer to me as she or her and include me in all their discussions of clients after they leave. I even get sucked into the sexual discussions and asked for my point of view. Seems they do remember that I am male underneath it all...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I do love it when they refer to me as "she" or "her".[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

When I talk fashion and makeup with anyone personally or online on makeup forums.... were all girls...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

I certainly have noticed!

Since I don't wear makeup or a wig when I am out in public dressed, there is no doubt that I am a man. But ladies in ladies departments and makeup counters talk to me like I was one of them (which I am!) I have been asked my opinion on shoes, skirts dresses, and makeup. I usually tell the lady that I don't use makeup, except lipstick, so am not really qualified to give an opinion. Several times I have been told that I would be prettier if I used some makeup!!

Like Sandra and some others, I think it is my attitude. I am a positive thinker, and try to project that image. I am happy being Stephanie, it is me!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just went out to get wife candy at local 7-11 (wife was already in bed with her laptop), so I through on shirt and skirt with sandals. As I was exiting the 7-11, a gentleman and his 7 year old (guessing) daughter were entering and I held the door for them. The little girl said " Daddy, that man is wearing a dress ", I said to the little girl " After you ma'am " and gestured and bowed, the little girl was all smiles and almost danced by me into the store, the father just kinda snarled at me.

I love the innocents of children....
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

At one time I would phone a business to see if they were CD friendly,most of the SA would just laugh or would be speechless. Now they are better informed that we spend money the same way as GGs.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn40c View Post
    Now they are better informed that we spend money the same way as GGs.
    If you were to ask my wife, we spend more than GGs
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I noticed it. It is similar to how people talk louder to older people or slower to children. They talk to you as if you were female. It gives you a unique perspective on how the world works. I find people are nicer to me when I am dressed enfem. Woman do seem to include you more.

If you compare the reactions of the same women, I noticed they will talk openly about boots, clothes etc, but once you are in male form again the converstion usually ends a little more quickly.

It's conditioning..

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    It is similar to how people talk louder to older people or slower to children. They talk to you as if you were female. It gives you a unique perspective on how the world works. I find people are nicer to me when I am dressed enfem. Woman do seem to include you more.
    It gets really strange when a genetic woman who knows you as 'her' meets 'him' - even though they know it's you, they often can't stop themselves treating you differently, even if they're aware what they're doing and try not to..

In a similar fashion, men have been brought up to treat women a certain way and they find it hard to break that - I remember when working setting up the arena for the Bristol Mardi Gras, two small gay guys taking loads off me - even though I was much bigger and more heavily built than they were?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Nikki, I think you are right and when it comes to men trying to help the girls, well let them silly. Keli

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    It does take a while to cotton on to this fact. But it is so true. Neither is it strange that a "not complete" mtf presentation is accepted. It is part of the theory concerning our upbringing.

~Samm

Silver Member
    As Tamarav said, I get a tingly feeling when the proper pronouns are used. When I got me hair styled the last time by a different stylist, it was so neat when she was talking and addressed me as Sara, her and she. I think that what I was driving at is more of those conversations about fashion, shopping, makeup, basically what many would call, girl talk. Being asked ones opinion of what they are wearing, their hair or nail polish, not to mention when more intimate subjects may be discussed. The "Yeah I need a wax soon." These are reasons I prefer the mainstream salon rather than the CD places. I feel accepted. Now whether or not really I am is not of great concern. I think that many in the beauty business tend to be more accepting.

Absolutely agree. I will never forget having my nails done and there were a lot of girls in the shop and I was just treated as one of them (although they knew). Equally, in a couple of local, straight, pubs the girls talk to me as one of them and we can discuss make-up, fashion, kids etc. I think its what you project and how you project it. Back to confidence and attitude I think.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/