Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain

If it looks threating, I always carry my umbrella! when I'm out I dress for the weather, and in Michigan that can be a real challenge!

Huggs, Renee

Nuff said ?

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I've gone out into the rain many times with my trusty burgundy umbrella while enfemme.
    But ONCE... while I lived in New Orleans, I got all dressed up in my victorian gothic clothing (sans shoes), my auburn burgundy tipped wig, and stepped out onto my 3rd story porch while it was storming heavily.

For a few minutes, I just kinda fell into complete acceptance of who I am. I reached my hands out to the sides, tilted my head back and let the rain pour all over me and it was EXHILIRATING!.

I got good n wet and my hair took a bit to get back to its original luster and shape... but it was worth it

My makeup stayed put too!

Loved that!

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    For a few minutes, I just kinda fell into complete acceptance of who I am. I reached my hands out to the sides, tilted my head back and let the rain pour all over me and it was EXHILIRATING!
    Holy smoke, I did pretty much the EXACT same thing about a year ago. Had just departed a restaurant with a dear transitioning friend of mine. It was rather late and the emotions ran pretty high (in a good way) during our conversation. We stepped out and it was misting heavily. I felt that same feeling of acceptance of who I am and then, just as you did, I reached my hands out to the sides and tilted my head back, feeling sooooo alive. The only difference seems to be that I didn't get totally drenched!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I just keep a plain simple umbrella in the car can use it in either mode.

I used to worry about weather then I got back to the hotel in 3.5 inch heels on an icy sidewalk, 3 blocks and snowing. After surviving that, I just watch how the GG's handle it and copy.

Cari

Hi, I go out in the rain most of the time as I live in the UK.
    In fact, its probably easier to blend when its raining as most people (in my experience anyway)don't take any notice of you precisely because its is raining.
    Anyway, what better excuse do you need to by more boots.

S. xx

Banned Read only
    I would only go out in the rain, wearing some kind of boots. Most womens shoes are glued, not stitched. I lost a good pair of ankle strap heels, when the soles got wet, and a couple days later, the soles just separated from the uppers. And I could not glue them back. Don't get your shoes wet!

I just adore going out in the rain. I love plastic raincoats anyway, and there is less chance of being read as everyone has his or her head down avoiding the downpour.

So nice getting wet!!

Before my "Great Purge of 95", I had a pink umbrella and raincoat - I have yet to replace them now that the URGE is back to stay - I will however
    JoAnne Wheeler

Here in South Australia we've forgotten what rain is. Remind me, is it that wet stuff that falls out of the sky ?

Ha-ha, I hate it but I do it. If you've a hood to your coat, careful. First time I used it I kept my head dry, got to the pub, took the hood down and my wig came off with it!

I have a girly umbrella which goes inside out when the wind blows depositing any rain collected on my head.

So I guess I'm not any good at it.

I'll live though
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/