Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you'd had the internet when you were younger..

If you'd had the internet when you were younger..

I think the internet is such a transformative thing. I know If I had the internet when I was out of high school, and out of my parents house, I probably would be different now. I lived with roommates for many years, but after they all crapped on me, I decided I'd have my own place.
    Well, needless to day, I went shopping from time to time. I loved to dress up when I was at home, but that's all I did, and I didn't do it often enough.

If I had this forum and so many ways to connect with others who shared the same interest, I might have gone out and, in fact, may have considered going full time female. I love wearing panties that much. In fact, I might not have any male undies now, but that isn't in my current realm of possibilities. If not, I am sure I would have gotten the nerve to shop more openly, instead of slinking around and quickly picking out some panties and maybe the first dress I found in my size (a 10 at the time, I do miss those days). I would have probably gone out to the t-friendly clubs en femme and had a good time and meeting people.

Anyway, I would often have a lot of guilt about it and tried to suppress the desire to dress, and now I would have you all to lean on.

But I am in another situation now, and my twenties have passed and those possibilities are becoming further removed.

I am certain I would be more likely to be seen in a skirt then I am now, which is not so likely at all.

What do you girls think?

I agree. If I had the internet when I was starting to dress, my life may have been different. I probably would have dressed a lot more and had some different friends. This forum would have been a Godsend if it were around when I were younger.
    Hugs and Kisses: Samantha

I've dressed most of my life, but my dressing really took off because of the internet. The internet didn't really start to take off until I was a teenager and I didn't even get on the internet till my late teens or early 20's. I consider myself very lucky to have discovered so many other gurls out there like me. Because of the internet I decided that I would continue to dress and stop surpressing my urges. It also has been kind of a curse for me because in a way it can be addicting!

WHAT??? none of you got your Commodore 64 online?? I was on newsgroups with K-State CDrs when I was 12.
    “While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence — which, I believe, does make the woman."
    Mary Kay Ashe

Yes, it would have been nice to have the internet in the late '60's and early '70's. I believe I might have done a whole lot of things differently. I really never had roommates when I was younger, (I was 20 y/o in 1969) I preferred to live alone. Even then I had a few items of womens clothing that I could put on in the priacy of my own appartment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

My life would have been completely different.. Who knows, I may have transitioned.. Thats not in the cards for me now though..

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'd have to agree with Staycee...The internet proved to me that "We" are many and all over the world...If I'd had the internet when I was in my teens...I'd have probably graduated High School as Kendra and would have taken a different path through life...Who knows??? [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    If I had the internet say right after I had graduated from college I would have gotten together with other crossdressers in the Fort Worth area. I probably would have been dressing quite regularly. In fact since I lived alone I might have been fulltime except for work.
    Instead I was never able to connect with anyone in my area so I suffered in silence.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

It would have given me the information so that I would have figured out that I was not a freak. I would have known that there were many others just like me. The everlasting effect on my life is something that we will never know. I am glad that this site is available for all of us. It has been an oasis in the desert for me. Thanks to all who contribute.
    Lacelover

The internet has made all the difference in the world. It allows us to shop from the privacy of our own home. It allows us to be connected to other CD'ers so we don't feel so freakish.

Charlene_D

I would have had a much nicer wardrobe and a whole lot more shoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't get clever old man! Now take us to dress barn!

If there wasn't Internet and this forum particularly, I am not sure I would tell my wife. And for sure I wouldn't embrace my female me as much and without any negative feelings.
    Clara

Semi Sane innocent angel
    looks around, graduate in 1996. Went on line in 1997. SO yeah the net help me . First a I was tranny chaser online , then I became came a tranny, well came out
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by StayceeCD View Post
    My life would have been completely different.. Who knows, I may have transitioned.. Thats not in the cards for me now though..

Ditto's. Might have been saving my lawn mowing money, as a teen for hormones.

Banned Read only
    Well I wouldn't have wasted so much time thinking there was something wrong with me. I'd have been able to visit a site like this and see that there are thousands of girls just like me all over the world. And of course internet shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by avril findlay View Post
    Well I wouldn't have wasted so much time thinking there was something wrong with me. I'd have been able to visit a site like this and see that there are thousands of girls just like me all over the world. And of course internet shopping!
    Yea so very true Avril.

Not much would have changed, I don't think. My family was poor, neither parent paid much attention to me other than to punish me when my grades were bad. I don't think anyone would have allowed me to start testosterone suppressing drugs early enough to stop me from reaching my current height, although maybe I would have learned not to work out so much which would at least have prevented me from becoming so bulky. I wouldn't have been able to afford SRS either. No, sadly, I think that I still would have wound up right where I am. A mess.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    I used to suppress the desire to dress.

I felt guilty, and extra guilty every time I smoked marijuana because it made me paranoid.

So after quiting drugs and accepting myself I full tymed it and took those mone'z.

I do think I would of taken a different line in life if I had known then what I know now. I spent about 30 years believing that there was no one else out there and that I was some sort of pervert for doing what I was doing. The great thing the Internet did for me was that in 1997 when I first got a computer and went into chat rooms and talked with others I realised that I was not alone and that was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Suddenly a great burden was taken from me and I began to live my life more as I had always wanted without the guilt feelings.
    [SIZE="2"]'It's a bitch this feminine itch' [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] http://www.tvchix.com/DeborahAnne
    [/SIZE]

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I agree with others - I'd have found out sooner that I wasn't alone. Whether that would have enabled me to transition at the right time or not is a moot question.

Sarah...

I agree with everyone, had I had the internet things would be different. I grew up thinking I was the only one with these feelings. Going to college, no one had a computer. If by chance you had to use one, you went to the one computer lab on campus and usually restricted to 30 minutes toward your project. After 17 years, my first wife divorced me because of my cd'ing. So I spent the next couple of years alone, still no computer but they were around for $3000 at radio shack. I couldn't afford one at the time. Had I made the investment and found girls like in this forum, I would not have gotten married a second time. Instead, I remarried only to have my new wife and son move in with their computer. So I learned how to use it and guess what I found out. Surprise, hundreds of girls like myself. Since I wasn't very computer smart, my 2nd wife found an e-mail to another CD so she found out about Marianne. I'm still married after 11 years but completely in the closet. She does not accept and won't even try to learn about it or how I feel . Oh how things could have been different.

It would have been great to see that there is a whole community of us. I spent too many years thinking that there was something seriously wrong with me...of course, I used to get more done before Internet surfing (and reading crossdressers.com) became an acceptable use of time.

Smile

if i had the internet and all the info i have to day everyone would know me as ronda i know i would have had srs
    hugs
    Ronda

If I would have had the internet when I was young I would be Susan all the way today and loving every minute of it. I have always thought I should have been a woman. I feel my best when I am Susan and all dressed up. I am dressed as Susan most of the time now.

I've been CDing for fifty years (god is it that long?) and have been out of the closet for six. I've had a PC since they came out but only in the last few months have I used it for anything to do with CDing and it hasn't changed anything.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033