Thread: Growing acceptance from SO

Growing acceptance from SO

Just over two years ago, I came out to my SO. She wasn't real thrilled about being married to a CD and not telling her for a loooooong time was a bit of a trust issue. However, what started out as don't ask don't tell slowly moved to being able to wear polish on my toes, wear satin pajamas to bed, and wear panties 24/7. Back in December, my SO even went with me when I got my ears pierced. Not trying to push too hard, I asked if the basement of the house (where my office is located) could be an optional clothing zone. No response for two months. Just a while ago she came into my office and said "I've been thinking." What followed was her acceptance of my idea to make the basement an optional clothing zone where I could wear whatever I would like. I guess the slow and steady approach has its merits! I also guess I need to do something nice for my wonderful spouse!

awesome baby steps.

Stacy,

I am glad you are gaining acceptance from your wife, and surely your calm approach allowing her time to adjust has paid dividends, may you both continue to grow along this journey and from this GG a big thankss for your patience and love for her, by not rushing her .

yup summat nice always goes down well with our partners, but just because is best
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StacyCD View Post
    ... I also guess I need to do something nice for my wonderful spouse!
    Oh yes! And here Valentine's day is right around the corner!
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Great stuff stacy.
    As they say the longest walk starts with but a single step and htese small steps seem to be reaping a great result.
    You must have a very caring and loving partner.

Valentines day - traditional red roses sound like the perfect way of telling her you love her.
    Born to be both

Cindyxxx

Wonderful
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

What they say about taking BABY STEPS must actually be true - I'm am thankful that you are making progress

JoAnne Wheeler

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    The care and trust in each other that is so obvious between you two is a wonderful thing to see. The process of acceptance and opening up is magical. Enjoy!

[SIZE="3"]The slow and steady approach worked with my spouse. She had to get over the initial shock first. Little by little she saw that this was a part of me.She asked questions from time to time and I explained them as best as I could. She buys me something from time to time. THis past Christmas she gave me a red lady's sweater. Wow, was I excited!

We've been shopping a few times. She's borrows my clothes sometimes because she thinks my stuff looks better than hers. At least we don't fight over it .

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Good news, Stacy!

I'm glad she's slowly warming up to your crossdressing. Very smart of you to not overwhelm her with it all at once - especially as she wasn't too happy about it at first.

I think this will give others some hope.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Yes acceptance is great, and taking it in baby steps seems to be working just fine for you. You must have a wonderful loving spouse.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    Yes, roses are in order and a nice looking shiny thing along the way. To make it even better, rose petals on the bed, relaxing music, with body lotions and you being her play toy. Give her a full body massage, some wine and feed her grapes, that's will be the best present and valentines day ever.

Elizabeth

That is a great way of dealing with the issue and solution. You situation is very much like mine and as time goes by it gets better and better. I just have to remind myself not to push too hard. Good luck.

I'm happy for you,Stacy! My wife and I are also moving slowly, and we have a long way to go.Will the basement have a new closet?
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"