View Poll Results: Is your prime reason for CDing...

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • purely a fetishistic one based on particular items of womens clothing?

17 7.66%
  • purely sexual - you get a kick from it

34 15.32%
  • Sometimes sexual, but not always

84 37.84%
  • Not at all sexual

12 5.41%
  • Because you feel womens clothes better express part of your personality

98 44.14%
  • because you feel you are female

48 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transgender or fetish?

Transgender or fetish?

After giving it a lot of thought, and doing a lot of reading, I'm not sure 'Crossdresser Forum' describes this place appropriately. It seems to me that a significant proportion of people would like to present as female 24/7 or actually become female. I imagine this aspect isn't driven by anything sexual.

When I started CDing, the reasons were primarily sexual - or at least when I was old enough to be able to experience sexual feelings it was! When I experienced my first orgasm, I was wearing patent stiletto knee boots!

However, these days, whilst there is often still a sexual aspect to it, it doesn't always involve anything sexual. I frequently dress just because I like the way I feel. I'm wondering what the spectrum of experience here is?
    Last edited by Vicki65; 11-13-2008 at 02:45 PM.

The spectrum of gender identity is as varied as the electromagnetic spectrum; that is, there are as many expressions of gender as there are different waveforms - infinite

Indeed, the expressions are so diverse that the term "gender" as applied to human identity is losing its meaning entirely. Much like race, in fact. For me, there is H. sapiens. Every individual is a subtle variation on that theme.

Still, people love to talk about these issues as if there is some sort of deeper meaning behind it all

As for my crossdressing, I do this today as a form of artistic expression. There is no sexual component.
    Last edited by Alex!; 11-13-2008 at 02:52 PM.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

I've always found women's fashion far more interesting than men's. It's such a gas to be able to explore it in a personal way. I'd love to be a fashion designer, but it's such a tough field to get into, and at my age....So I do the next best thing.

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea M. Forbes View Post
    The spectrum of gender identity is as varied as the electromagnetic spectrum <snip> - infinite
    Well, not quite. The EM spectrum terminates at one end at DC and the other end (currently) at cosmic rays (being pedantic)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea M. Forbes View Post
    Still, people love to talk about these issues as if there is some sort of deeper meaning behind it all
    Not really my intention. Just being nosey as to who does what for which reason - broadly speaking.

Banned Read only
    Um...one from column A...one from column B...one from column C...etc...

All these elements (motivations?) have appeared in each of us, I'm thinkin'.

And for some it's not a matter of a progression from one to the other over time.

'Some times ya feel like a nut...'n sometimes ya don't!'

All are valid, btw!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I do it because I love being a girl!!!!!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    Thats why I left it multi-choice - knock yourself out!

back in my teens it was more of a sexual release but today it is a way of expressing my personality. Keli

I second the motion put forth by Keli-H.

it's because i am a woman. There is no sexual component . never was. but everyone does this for there own reason. what ever floats your boat i guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Easy, because women's clothes better express my personality.
    I couldn't have put it better myself.

We need an "I don't know" option!

There's not much doubt in my mind as to why. I'm a woman, pure and simple. I just hope it becomes a full time proposition in the near future.
    Kisses, Linda

Just like Keli-H, when I was in my teens, my dressing was more in the form of 'using' items of femanine apparal as an addition to my teen sexual urges etc. Although even then, I soon found myself drawn strongly to wearing (for play) rather than just 'using'. A change took place when I was in my early 20's, and I came to realise that I felt somehow 'different' when partially or fully dressed en-fem and emersing myself in my fem alta-ego. As I explored more, I became aware that I did indeed feel more at home, natural and relaxed when in my girly persona. So for me I guess it started as purely sexual, but became more of an expression of my inner feelings. I'm not unhappy or troubled when masculine, but feel so much more at ease when en-fem and would if able, spend more time as 'Kelly' that as my male self.

Carol loves lipstick Carol Crossdress's Avatar
    I started out wearing lingerie and other "sexy" female clothes as a sexual thing, progressed to putting on lipstick, bought a dress, and then about 15 years ago had a makeover at Carla's in San Jose. When I first saw myself it was like a bright light coming on. I had finally found Carol. Since my wife went through this progression with me we have found some balance but I think now I 'm about 50/50 sexual/expressing a side of myself.

Well this was easy enough for me to answer, since I am transitioning!

It's both for me. Doc says I'm a transvestite with transgendered tendencies, according to the old standard. I tend to agree. My gender dysphoria comes and goes.

Womanly

Because I feel like a woman most of the time.
    Mandy60

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki65 View Post
    Thats why I left it multi-choice - knock yourself out!

I looked at the thread title and thought 'why can't we do both?'

Then I looked at the options and could, at various times, have ticked at least five..

Many of us are fluid - and why shouldn't we be?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    At first, it was purely sexual. I think the taboo and the part of me denying what I was, brought on that rush. But, now that I've opened my mind, I find it to be more of an expression to a part of me. There's still that buzz, but nowhere near what it used to be.
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    it's because i am a woman. There is no sexual component . never was. but everyone does this for there own reason. what ever floats your boat i guess.
    I totally agree! I am a woman and sometimes, unfortunately, have to crossdress as a man and go to work. Hopefully one day I'll be able to be me at work.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Hey I wanna know on these polls who hit what boxes!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Aspiring musician rhondamichelle's Avatar

what I voted

I guess for me it's part sexual part psychological. I relate better to women then men.though I have best friends that are both male and female. In past relationships where my SO has accepted my cd'ing there was nothing more absolutely fantastic than both of us slipping into something slinky and curling up on the couch, you know, that depth of sharing.

Rhonda Michelle

For me, dressing started as a delicious sexual fetish, and after all these years of dressing, it still remains pretty much just that.

Mitzi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Surprise, surprise!

Vicki, your poll is a GREAT idea! But, I had to hit the first three to cover my bases! I don't think the results will have any meaning!

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    All these elements (motivations?) have appeared in each of us, I'm thinkin'.
    And for some it's not a matter of a progression from one to the other over time.
    'Some times ya feel like a nut...'n sometimes ya don't!'
    All are valid, btw!
    Rite Deja! I can't image many folks clicking just one choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Tessa View Post
    Hey I wanna know on these polls who hit what boxes!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    The first 3 for me, Tessa. How about u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!