View Poll Results: Is your prime reason for CDing...

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • purely a fetishistic one based on particular items of womens clothing?

17 7.66%
  • purely sexual - you get a kick from it

34 15.32%
  • Sometimes sexual, but not always

84 37.84%
  • Not at all sexual

12 5.41%
  • Because you feel womens clothes better express part of your personality

98 44.14%
  • because you feel you are female

48 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transgender or fetish?

Content and Happy
    I feel deep inside I am female. Always have and always will. I really don't know how else to feel. I love who I have become.

Lanore
    [SIZE="3"]Lanore[/SIZE]

Transgender or fetish?

I just like the look and feel of womens clothes. I like the feel of the clothes against my skin. The thightness of the gridle to shape my body as close as possible to the female shape. And for a few hours to feel feminent. I guess a little of both. does that make sense?

have to agree with MJ

I almost want to say "the heck if I know". It certainly started out sexual but is now much less so. I love the way dressing makes me feel feminine and I always regret changing back to drab. But I'm not a female and wouldn't want to be one full time so that isn't the reason I CD.

With me it's more of a TG thing, rather than fetish. But I'll admit that some of the fetish clothing I see is fairly erotic and appealing to me. Overall, though, my crossdressing is for expressing a big part of my personality that is decidedly female. It's a conduit for that part of me that needs to express itself in a feminine manner. When I look in a mirror while dressed, I like to see myself as myself, only female.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I don't think anyone can say that crossdressing is anything but sexual, for what ever reason we do, it it conects with sexualality.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prissy101 View Post
    I don't think anyone can say that crossdressing is anything but sexual, for what ever reason we do, it it conects with sexualality.
    aboslultly ! cross what ? sexual perceived bounderys of clothing and manuerizums....wellll that last part might be a stretch . if the clothes say female..and femals desire males ( most of the time ) that road that splits inthe woods makes all the difference.
    for me its a imaginary fixation on the pinacal of female forms the interface of her skin with her amazingly tight form fitting clothes....
    I fear she has clue to how nice they feel and fit. and if she does ..why wont she share ?

sunny with a high of 75!
    definitely started as fetish. Hard to go out that way, though, so became more mainstream over time. The more I did it, the more it became a reflection of my non-conformist, sensitive side of my personality. I chose the 2 most popular responses.

I dress the way I do because it is my way of expressing who I am inside and feel inside, When I was growing up and going to school the teachers and Nuns always had us write as a means of expression whether it was a book we read or just a story we heard or what we did for the summer vacation, as I had achieved age and experience and education again, I was told that expression is how we show ourselves. In the fine arts of painting and sculptor. we again express ourselves. The point is being creative shows who we are and whats inside of us. When I dress and do my makeup and hair and clothes I feel my artistic side rise to the top in that I am creating not only a picture but a portrait of who I really am and how I percieve the way I should look in appearence, My creative self and artistic self showing ME as my creation to be expressed to everyone. Joann0830

I have seen on this site such Beautiful creations from what was men, I make reference to the post In Boy mode to girl Mode. Such Fine artists

My simple answer would be it makes me feel good and relaxed. When I'm in 'sexy' mood I wear sexy clothes so it could be viewed as 'sexual'. But most of the time it's just about feeling good. No artistic expression, no big effort. I'm just happy to put on female t-shirt and female sweatpants and relax and enjoy myself.
    Clara

Not exactly how sure I am. Not fetish, because I don't need, or use female clothing for sexual pleasure. TG, well, I'm not exactly a female either. Thought processes and the way I see the world are male. Management style is male, verbal patterns, and communication patterns, all male, so I'm pretty sure my physical development during gestation as well as the rest of my life was male as well. I have no attraction to males, in fact, even further, a strong dislike to male musky odor, and a distrust as well, which can probably be linked to molestation as a kid. So you can make a very strong case for the 'nurture' side of the argument for why I feel as if I should have been a girl, why I feel like I should be the girl during sex, and why always I continue to feel like I should be wearing female clothing. Yet, I don't have that 'yearning' to be a girl every moment of the day that most transsexuals I've conversed with tell me about. Not TV, not TS, but more than CD? I don't know where I fit.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I too am with Kelli and Lisalotte.

Yeah, I am in no. 1!!! It is still kind of a fetish for me. I have tried on other things, and just don't care for them. Its either frilly stuff or drab for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    For me, dressing started as a delicious sexual fetish, and after all these years of dressing, it still remains pretty much just that.

Mitzi
    I'm with you there Mitzi,

Nice to see I'm in the second most common group

The only answer I really liked was "Because you feel womens clothes better express part of your personality," but that could apply to most people here (and I guess that's why it's the #1 answer so far).

I would call myself transgendered, but I'm still not comfortable saying that I dress "because I'm female." I just don't feel right saying "I'm female" when I present as male during the week.

Even if I got SRS, I doubt I'd say I was female. I'm transsexual, and "female" doesn't tell the whole story anymore than "male" does. I'd rather be female. I wish I had been born female. But no matter what I wear or how many hormones I take, I have male attributes, too.

For me, the two answers "womens clothes better express part of my personality" and "sometimes sexual" both accurately describe my reason for crossdressing. I started at age 7 when dressing as a girl very much resonated with my being. Later at puberty, my male self also found it beautifully erotic. Through the years, I find that my need for expressing the femme part of myself has much more to do with being who I am, than just having erotic feelings.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 11-15-2008 at 03:31 AM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

As for me I'm in a state of flux, from confusion about what I was doing at such an early age, and yeah the pleasure I derived from that. On to dressing more and realizing how much more I enjoyed feeling feminine, pleasure became secondary, sensuality, the look and presentability became more important, and of course shopping. Then to the strong realization that the reason I do this is that I'm TG, feel that I should have been born that way, and regret that things did not turn out that way.

So the three that fit that shift in my mental faculties, at least, whats left of them would apply.

Christy

Former Member
    Not at all sexual
    Because you feel womens clothes better express part of your personality

I guess those two would best describe me. Like some of the other girls mentioned here, it was a sexual thing when I was younger. Now it's just part of who I am.

i thought I was more TS until i started spending time here. More CD now. i think it has helped me alot. Love your boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Tessa View Post
    Hey I wanna know on these polls who hit what boxes!!
    ok, I'll bite. Figuratively.

Sometimes sexual, but not always
    This sort of ties in with the next selection which is the primary reason for dressing.

Occasionally when wearing lingerie around home, it's time to give the prostate some love'n.

With full dress there is the rare desire to "get on my knees" in front of a guy. This hasn't been done.

Most time it isn't anything beyond feeling good and free without any sexual content to it.

Because you feel womens clothes better express part of your personality
    Typically it just makes me feel better without any sexual consideration. A trip to the video store, convenience store, shopping for clothes.
    You hold onto friends by keeping your heart a little softer than your head.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    For me dressing is a form of expression as well as stress relief with out it being of a sexual nature.