Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Do You Prefer?

Thanks gurls for your interesting responses,seems a number of you feel as I do about the transvestite word and how it bring Rocky Horror Picture Show to mind,lol

hugs

Penelope

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Well, actually--

I think of myself as a, " Female illusionist".

But, I answer to; weirdo, freak, perv, manikin, and blow up doll!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

[SIZE=4]"Skinny bitch" works for me![/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Silver Member
    I hate the word transvestite. It sounds like the kind of disease for which psychiatrists used to prescribe electro-shock therapy. I think of it as the CDer's N-word.

I use two terms:

I AM transgendered;

The way I express that in my own comfort zone is by CROSS DRESSING.

It is a matter of who I am versus what I do.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah... View Post
    Transgender suits me.

Sarah...
    Transgender suits me as well.

Huggs, Renee

Preference

I much prefer crossdresser but whatever you call me, don't call me late for dinner.

I prefer crossdresser as well, I am now very comfortable with myself and my lifestyle. No more purges for me! I am way too old, it costs way too much money, and I like who I am, a crossdresser.

To put it in very clinical terms, we probably all start out as "transvestites" since that description implies that there is a fetishistic aspect (i.e. a sexual "high") associated with our crossdressing. Those of us who began our experimentation with wearing articles of women's clothing around the time we hit puberty and became aware of our sexuality (including masturbatory fantasies) will know what I am talking about.

As we age, get into our 50's and beyond, and our testosterone levels drop, crossdressing becomes less of a sexual and more of a gender identity thing - especially as we finally come to terms with what we are and accept this gender "gift" rather than continuing to be perplexed by it, live in shame, and trying to fight it. At that point, we achieve the piece of mind and feeling of comfort we experience in wearing women's clothing, and "crossdressing" becomes a more apt description of what we do.

That said, there is also a certain cultural connotation to the term "transvestite" as opposed to "crossdresser".

It has been my experience that individuals from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa among other former Commonwealth countries are more apt to use the term "transvestite" (or the less clinical "trannie") to describe this concept, just as they refer to what we call gasoline as "petrol", garters as "suspenders", elevators as "lifts" and pantyhose as "tights" etc.

We English-speaking North Americans i.e. Americans and Canadians tend to use the term "crossdresser" far more frequently - especially over the last 30 years or so as people have begun to realize that men who enjoy wearing women's clothing are far more common than was once thought, and not all are the types of freaks and deviants commonly seen on the Jerry Springer show.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    To put it in very clinical terms, we probably all start out as "transvestites" since that description implies that there is a fetishistic aspect (i.e. a sexual "high") associated with our crossdressing. Those of us who began our experimentation with wearing articles of women's clothing around the time we hit puberty and became aware of our sexuality (including masturbatory fantasies) will know what I am talking about.

The other part of the definition 'transvestite' is instead of the sexual gratification is emotional gratification.
    You hold onto friends by keeping your heart a little softer than your head.

Smile

Me I call my self first A Lady - then a Crossdresser.

Jennie CD

most definite Crossdresser, emotional fullfillment.
    Laura

I really don't care for either. I consider us all to be human beings. We are special people who have been gifted with the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, we have to pay a heavy price for this gift. We should consider it as a gift and not a curse.

JoAnne Wheeler[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Only I know for certain! Charlotte Sometimes's Avatar
    [SIZE=4]I prefer Crossdresser, transvestite seems very 80s to me.[/SIZE]

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I prefer to be called a crossdresser but don't care much it's what I am and love it.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Definitely cross dresser. It explains who and what I am. I'm a man who sometimes likes to present as a woman. I'm still the same person whether I'm dressed in drab or fem. I feel differently when I'm dressed as Joanne and I act and react differently than when I'm my male self but I'm still the same person. I'm just a guy who sometimes likes to be a girl ( and a pretty one when I can pull it off!).
    Joanne

Young crossdresser :) haleycole's Avatar
    I am a cd!!