Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Prefer?

I've been defined in the past by psychologists as a "True Transvestite" or a "Transvestite with Transsexual Tendencies". This I feel defines me more, whereas Crossdresser is a generic term.

My preference is "transgendered." And for some reason I like the umbrella term "Transfolk." For me, it has a nice ring to it, and makes it feel like family.

But, I can live with most of the older terms. The only one I actively dislike is "Trannie." I think it's often been used in a pejorative manner.

Peace and Love, Joanie

My Thoughts

1 transvestite a man who wears womens clothing 24/7 buy who has not transitioned or who doesnot Identify fully as a woman

2 Trans-sexual: A person who dresses 24/7 as a woman and has transitioned to be a woman and can Identify her self after transition as a woman.

3 Crossdresser A person who wears women clothing part time but not full time and still Identifys himself as a man and still is employed as a man.

4 Trans Gender: This is a topic for some discussion. A person can have a SRS proceedure and go sexually from a man to a woman. AT birth we all have a genitic make up and I think that even if you have the SRS proceedure it doesn't necessarily change your genitic make up from birth. I invite thoughts on this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

Former Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serinalynn View Post
    1 transvestite a man who wears womens clothing 24/7 buy who has not transitioned or who doesnot Identify fully as a woman

2 Trans-sexual: A person who dresses 24/7 as a woman and has transitioned to be a woman and can Identify her self after transition as a woman.

3 Crossdresser A person who wears women clothing part time but not full time and still Identifys himself as a man and still is employed as a man.

4 Trans Gender: This is a topic for some discussion. A person can have a SRS proceedure and go sexually from a man to a woman. AT birth we all have a genitic make up and I think that even if you have the SRS proceedure it doesn't necessarily change your genitic make up from birth. I invite thoughts on this.
    I'll go with that. My thoughts are similar. I consider myself a crossdresser, which is the term I prefer.

I think like many I started out in the CD/TV category. Today I know I am TG but definitely all gurl!
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

Transgender is a way of embracing both words, less jarring to say, also it's a generalisation, which isn't a bad thing sometimes! Why should anyone tell all to a stranger?

I honestly think the movie "Rocky Horror" ruined the term transvestite for all time!

A rose by any other name is still a rose!

The issue of one name over another probably comes from the denotation of the name and its association in your mind. Transvestite, transsexual, crossdresser, Tranny, and or cd'r mean different things to all of us.
    Today I would suggest I am a crossdresser to this group but would say I am transgendered if I were to explain myself to someone.
    I keep thinking of popeye and his "I y'am who I y'am , oliveoyle!"

Ciao
    Kerrie

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    All of the above or none of the above... it really isn't important in the great scheme of things.... I'm me... and this is what I like to do and i don't care what it's called....
    INMHO It doesn't matter what term we use we'll probably need to explain what it means to us because we all see things from a different point of view,and it all depends where we're at at the time, in the "Nut-House"on a ward with a Nazi that shaved 1/2 of his beard & mustache off right down the middle,the Antichrist & a guy with a eyeball tattooed on his forehead,I was one of the more "Normal" looking & acting ones there & I was nicknamed the Freak! I've seen this forum referred to as a family,then if we are interested in any thing feminine MtF or are GG/Fab then we are all sisters here,and let's not forget our brothers(FtM) for they are part of the family too. Love, Peace & Happiness to ALL my Brothers & Sisters. Erika
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most and the older I get the better I used to be!

ErikaK

Preference

For myself, I prefer crossdresser (CD).
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by MarciManseau View Post
    I don't like the "Chix with Dix" label at all. That's such a tiny part of who I am, thankfully.
    No need to be modest Marci.

Getting back to the subject, I prefer crossdresser. Technically, I'm more of a cross-shopper since I rarely get the chance to dress. Even more so today, when I found the dress I ordered was torn, and now they're out-of-stock!
    Last edited by Jennifer Cox; 11-16-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Hi girls,
    To be honest I have never really given this much thought. When I talk about my friends from the CD community I call them my tranny friends. I dont wish to offend anyone and its always said tongue in cheek. They too have a few choice names for me but its all said in good fun. I guess Im not particularly politically correct but it is a term of endearment on my part and its easier than saying my friends that are male who like to dress up in womens clothes from time to time.
    Bev

Silver Member
    I prefer to use the term crossdresser when referring to myself. This is just one of many labels that are included in the wide spectrum of transgenderism. I think the term transvestite sounds offensive and never use it.

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Hmmm...I'd prefer "T girl" but for the sake of the question...Crossdresser will work for me too..[/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Chrissy Lynn Thomas
    I must go with transgender. At least in my case. However they are all just lables.

crossdresser would to me imply that i am one or the other gender, hmm so transgendered is the overall term that was somehow put on all gender varient people.
    for me i will be as poppye says " i ams what i ams". ????????????
    how about "gendifferent".
    Brandi

CDer, Transvestite has a "something's wrong with me" sound to it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjory View Post
    CDer, Transvestite has a "something's wrong with me" sound to it.

Oh yeah , theres something wrong with this tranny, lookout Marjory! LOL

And 'genderdifferent' Brandi, do you like labels that much that you create your own. get back in your pigeonhole!

Janie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    If I was to ever get stopped by the police when driving en femme (I'm sure it's going to happen one day) I would say to them that I am transgendered. Amongst other t-girls I always say I'm a crossdresser. I don't know why, but I don't really like the "T-word" much. I agree with Deidra, I think the T-word conjures up images of Rocky Horror in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I like Frank, but I don't really identify with him.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Crossdresser or female impersonator works for me

Zara
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I prefer "Crossdresser;" "Transvestite" is acceptable and "She male" is disgusting and demeaning.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    Hey, Katie B, thats f****** hilarious, that sure got rid of them. I hope that if I ever get quizzed by the pigs over something related to this that I can think to give them a smart answer like that. Great story.

Content and Happy
    I would have to answer Transgedere and comfortable with that.

Lanore
    [SIZE="3"]Lanore[/SIZE]

I like Eddie Izzard's...

"Executive Transvestite" or even "Male Tomboy". I've used these terms when explaining myself to others and they seem to ring true. Just plain transvestite and you have visions of Dr. Frank N. Furter (weirdo transvestite!)

So other than that, in civil company anyways, crossdresser will do thank you very much!

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I'm a cross dresser and don't mind being called such. And I prefer Girl over gurl Penelope. That's just me others can be what they like.
    Angie