Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Used your "other" Name in a Situation Accidentally ?

Happy SO of GG Pearls

Have You Ever Used your "other" Name in a Situation Accidentally ?

There are times when I'll send an email for example and think to myself "did I sign that right" ? Then I check my "sent" folder to make sure I didn't sign "jina" .

It would be so easy to do ! Has anyone done this (or something like it)... if so, what did you do ?
    "Beauty is not Exclusive"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No at least I hope not.LOL

I've slipped up and used "Samantha" twice on emails and I goofed up a couple of times when in drab at parties and I introduced myself as "Samantha". That was 10 years ago. The people at those parties didn't say a word about it.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    It happens.I said Ni-- then coughed and said my boy name
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    My fem self has a separate email address for conducting "her" business. Also I never sign my emails since most recipients know the male me anyway. Prevents any little faux pas.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Though I've typed it many times at work withoug thinking... "Love Karren". I've always caught it and changed it to "Regards, Zarren". At least no ones sent me a "Who's Karren"? Lol. Having my names one letter off is problematic at times...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I've accidentally used my (Avril's) e-mail account while sending mail as "him". Nobody commented, probably didn't notice.

I rarely sign my emails either, like Tammi. The mail program drops in my sig automatically. So no, never used Elaine by mistake.

Ivy
    I did, but mostly on purpose. I had someone autograph a CD for me while I was all glammed up, but she had treated me so nicely and like a person, I felt okay doing it.

no, but i was working at a company and someone shouted tracey( it was an open office with about 20 people around ) and i answered, i said it was my wifes name and it was a habit,kids etc, i was so red faced,i kept a low profile for the rest of the day xx

It happen once by accident, but I never had a comment about it.
    Suzanne

Smile

No, as my fem name is different enough from my male name. Also I have two seperate email accounts, as well. One for each of me!!!!

Funny this should come up now. Just a week ago I got a little paranoid that I might have signed an email on my guy account out of habit as Sara as I do on her account. It went to several friends and when I received a reply, I was relieved to see that I hadn't done that. But it's kind of like being careful with that "reply all" button, always good to double check this stuff.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by jina View Post
    There are times when I'll send an email for example and think to myself "did I sign that right" ? Then I check my "sent" folder to make sure I didn't sign "jina" .

It would be so easy to do ! Has anyone done this (or something like it)... if so, what did you do ?

Yeah, most of my close freinds know and have met jules, they got so used to calling me jules they do it all the time, even to the point i dont answer to my male name much anymore even drab ! teehee

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile My work email, the signature is my real name with no picture, but

My personal email I have several signatures, some with Kimberly as my name and some with my real name Michael. But I will include a picture of me usually dressed up (presently like my Avatar). The only exception is when I send to my older brother, that email has an guy picture attached. (looks ugly) he would not approve of Crossdressing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Nope, don't have an "other" name.

My biggest problem is keeping from telling the wife what I read on here or what someone says here. It just seems so natural.

No, but I have met different Yvonnes (GGs) lately and have wanted to say "That's my name too!" but have keep my urges to myself.

Yvonne
    Always remember you're unique... Just like everyone else.

Not yet but time will catch up

No, but have only had a femme name for a few months.

Charlene D.

I made such a faux pas in a political forum.

I use to contribute on that forum under both identities, one male , the other female. What allows me sometimes to emphasize different point of views (that of myself, that of the woman I might have been) in some difficult issues.

Once I wrote my masculine contribution and signed it as Nadia, what allowed to people in the forum to discover who she was, since my login appeared in front of my contribution.

I was somewhat annoyed. Apparently nobody pointed it out.
    And I remained silent for a while ...

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    No. But my girlfriend has...

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne CD View Post
    No, but I have met different Yvonnes (GGs) lately and have wanted to say "That's my name too!" but have keep my urges to myself.

Yvonne
    I kind of do the same thing when I meet with GG's named Jocelyn. I often want to say that's a lovely name, but I keep it to myself.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

the third person

One issue with having a wonderfully supportive wife is that Tina is growing into her own person with certain personal traits and actions, e.g. she is left handed (he is right-handed), she cooks certain foods often, she uses certain makeup and fem. products, she likes chick flicks, she wears certain clothes and is always looking for more. So, Tina has become a normal part of the household conversation (just as "he" is part of the conversation when Tina is present en femme), and both of us has suddenly stopped a line of thought when in the presence of others because it was leading to something about Tina. So far neither of us has just blurted out something like, "Tina would look good in that (whatever)", but it's been real close!

Although a bit scary, there is also something very comforting in noting that Tina is a very real part of the relationship.

Tina!

Yes, I did it once, on an email. Managed to bluff my way out of it, and am more careful now!