Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is Passable

Sorry Charlene - don't mean to pop your bubble, but this is a hoax, see:
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/tallwoman.asp

She is actually 6'5' and lives in Las Vegas.... BunnyGG is safe (for now)

DanaJ

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneCD
    For all us tall gals here is some hope for us. This was sent to me in an email.

The tallest and biggest woman in the world lives in Holland. She is

7'4" and weighs 320.

Now, before you look at her pictures, get a mental image of what you

Think a woman who weighs 320 looks like............

Got it?

Ready?

Here goes................

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    No bubble burst Dana. Even though not as tall as I thought, She would still make me look short. Vegas here I come!!! Oops better not let bunny see that.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

...and just think Charlene - Vegas is just up the road a little

DanaJ

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    You are so bad Dana . Or is it im so bad
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

A "tall tale" indeed. Thanks DanaJ!
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Got it?
    Ready?
    I hate to shatter the illusion, but those pictures are photoshopped (in the first seen as a discontinuity in the shadows near the tall woman's legs), but it does successfully provide the illusion of a tall passable woman.

Passing is blending with the masses in terms of commonly shared characteristics (in this case, enforced gender appearance and behavior). Like many things in life, it represented with a dual-input fuzzy logic system and therefore vague at best. I would say that it is a function of both attitude and appearance, with a greater emphasis on the latter as people are prejudiced (pre-judging) toward others based on appearance at first glance.

I usually rely solely on my appearance to help me pass as whichever gender I'm presenting daily. I call it self expression.

Charlie

7'4" and weighs 320.

Got it?

Ready?

damn thats a big girl. and shes hot too
    the fallen angel of love, music, and vengence samanthael fell to earth and fell in love with jay and merged with him. she is him and he is her. they love their friends and their sisters.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    At 6' 4" one could say I'll never pass. This may be true but it has never stopped me from going out every weekend to have fun. At my height a have to accept the fact that I will get noticed. This works for me because I like the attention. I use my smile and personality to win people over. I am almost always well received no matter where I go.

Last week I had a guy sheepishly tell me I had a great body for a guy. At 160 lbs I am tall and skinny. My long and lean look helps - except when finding clothes that fit. If someone wants to talk about me behind my back, I say let them. I can't control what they think or say. As long as people are kind to me I am happy to be out and about.

I'd rather have it this way then to dress down, put away the heels, short skirts and wish I were invisible. Stealth is great if you can pull it off, but even that is another kind of closet. It may be on a different level as a tranny bar, but it is still a closet to me.

The bottom line to all this is anyone can be who they want to be. Just go out there and be yourself and don't let people knock you down. Wear your best smile and have a positive atitude and you'll be ok.

Hugs - Genifer

MANY good points about passing/not passing. And although "attitude" may help or hurt, I'm sorry but its the visual that will betray you first. Your attitude willl only confirm what they THINK they see. But even if you get through those two doors (appearance + attitude) there is one more barrier that no one even mentioned: VOICE! Now that, sisters, is likely to be the coups d' gras when out shopping, dining, etc.
    Marie

The notion that I had to pass was one of the things that kept me in the closet long ago. After a few outings I realized that many people go about their own business and don't even know what's going on around them. But for those who did notice extremely few of them made any sort of comment. My outlook now is I don't care if I pass, I am me and this is how I dress and I don't give a rodents rump what people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Leggs
    Bottom line is in order to be PASSABLE it is 20% Looks and 95% ATTUDE that adds up to 115% yes we have to work hard at this but who said life would be Easy
    sorry for the rambling. Kisses to all
    Joanie
    Bravo, Joan!! I could not agree more.

Attitude plays a MUCH greater part than many of us may realize. And I seriously believe that people around us feed off of that vibe.

But let's face facts, girls - it takes a very thick skin and a bullish attitude to go out & about with no regard to what strangers think. As long as you have that in your corner, you're good to go.
    Last edited by lorna2cute; 06-10-2005 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal
    If someone wants to talk about me behind my back, I say let them. I can't control what they think or say. As long as people are kind to me I am happy to be out and about.

Hugs - Genifer
    Hear hear!

If by passing you mean no one will ever discovered your true gender, very few of us will ever come close. What many of us can do is present and act in a convincing feminine role. We prepare before as much as possible on appearence: reducing male characteristics and enphasizing aspects that can be made to be feminine. Practice walking, feminine movement and voice.

When we go out always play the part of a typical female and follow the expected script. Most people we meet will play along with the script they are familiar and comfortable, even if they know that one of the female players is actually male.

Be comfortable in public, but be aware of your safety. If you are read, so what. Plubic life is a play and many people wear different masks. Do not fear interactions with people because of your voice. Just act the part, develope your feminine character, and be part of the pulic play

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Lightbulb Exactly right!

JenniferPaul,

You've articulated this better than I've ever been able to!

I went out with another CD last night. Iknow my true gender was read many times, and though read, when I was friendly and feminine, they still treated me as a lady. How do I know? Well, the store clerks would chat about fashion, or almost anything with us, where if I was in boy mode, they would've ignored me, or thought I was a pervert looking at women's clothes...

What was great was my friend has this awesome power to 'break the ice', from being packed in the elevator, to the store clerks, she would start up a conversation and suddenly people would just open up and play the parts according to how we were dressed. They're more afraid of us, I think, or how to react to us. By starting a friendly conversation, esp with women, they seemed relieved that they could treat us normally.

What I learned was that if we put these people at ease, that yes we're guys and you don't have to accept that, but play along, everyone wins... hey, we might even buy something!

Many times, we got a 'Hello guys!' from clerks or waitresses, which could be gender neutral, but perhaps they were challenging us, or trying to throw us off, or...? Other times, it was "hello ladies!", which made me feel great.

We sat at the bar, while waiting for our table, and by chatting with the bartender, we learned there were hooks under the bar counter tops for handbags! Ah! She would never have told guys that!

I also used the public ladies room a couple of times, which was great. Nordstrom has a gorgeous ladies room with a waiting room, too! The stalls are private, no peekaboo space between the door seems... I made sure I visibly washed my hands and checked my makeup before I left. I felt proud that I touched up just right in front of the mirror, having had practice, so even though I was clearly a guy, I had to have done this a lot to be that good, and thus I looked like I belonged there. No problems...

So, all this anecdotal stuff validate's JenniferPaul's post 100%. She said it sooo well.

Oh, and here's me trying on a sale dress at Jessica McClintoks!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferPaul
    If by passing you mean no one will ever discovered your true gender, very few of us will ever come close. What many of us can do is present and act in a convincing feminine role. We prepare before as much as possible on appearence: reducing male characteristics and enphasizing aspects that can be made to be feminine. Practice walking, feminine movement and voice.

When we go out always play the part of a typical female and follow the expected script. Most people we meet will play along with the script they are familiar and comfortable, even if they know that one of the female players is actually male.

Be comfortable in public, but be aware of your safety. If you are read, so what. Plubic life is a play and many people wear different masks. Do not fear interactions with people because of your voice. Just act the part, develope your feminine character, and be part of the public play
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ava Mouse; 06-12-2005 at 04:27 PM.
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Alie
    Ava it is hard to believe that you get read. I like how you make other people comfortable. That is truly a gift. It is true that when you smile at someone, more than likely they will smile back.

Remember: A Smile Increases Face Value

If Janet Reno can pass.....

Kimmy P.

sexy in high heels Sarah Roberts's Avatar
    Holy Moly! That woman was absolutely beautiful, gorgeous, salacious and a whole lot more. I'm only 5'11" with my 5" heels on and still probably only come up to her breasts.

As for being able to pass as a woman Ava is right and so are a lot of you. Some of us males will have some fem features that help us to pass wether it's great cheeck bones, full lips, long eye lashes, shapely waist or legs or others but that is only a small part. In life even as a male attitude is everything. We look at ourselves and say I look good and feel great. Today nobody is going to push me around, I am feeling strong. Well attitude goes a long way in life and ladies if you are confident about yourself then nothing else or anyone matters.

Walk with your heads held high and be proud of the women you have become.
    I see everyday that my alter ego Zaria is becoming more womenly everyday and I am now confident that I can walk down the street in my skirt and heels and be comfortable with all those around me watching me and wondering to themselves is she?

Keep up the good work girls!!!

Aspiring Member
    I agree that a high percentage of passing is about confidence and I know that if I feel 'in the zone' - I feel I'm passing better.

The reality is that people are much more tuned in to the subtle gender differences between males and females - and it's not all about appearance and looks - though obviously you will do better if you look good and aren't built like a rugby lock forward. Its about a multitude of things - some which I now find very hard to define. I think I pass pretty well most of the time. I think I'm quite good at what I do. But if I'm passing even 80% - it is mainly because most people get a quick take of me - most are too busy with there own lives to take note - and I'm not interacting with them for any length of time.

Fiona xx

7'4" and weighs 320.

Got it?

Ready?

She is not from Holland, her name is Heather and she is a mere 6' 5 1/2" tall!

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...lest_woman.htm

Platinum Member
    ok my .02 cents worth what is passable we see pitchures posted and the queation am i passable???? rember out and abought it's you and no photo shop....even the best get read at one time or a nouther....me passable ???? i would say no ...but funable...
    yes....

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me
    ok my .02 cents worth what is passable we see pitchures posted and the queation am i passable???? rember out and abought it's you and no photo shop....even the best get read at one time or a nouther....me passable ???? i would say no ...but funable...
    yes....
    Wendy, you're right about all of us getting read at one time or another. How passable are you? Well girlfriend, when I look at your latest avatar and larger profile shot, you're fairly passable. Okay, we probably won't see our Wendy on the cover of Glamour or Cosmo in the coming months (we're in that same sailboat - I won't be gracing them either!), but your image says "woman", not even crossdresser.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brooks
    Wendy, you're right about all of us getting read at one time or another. How passable are you? Well girlfriend, when I look at your latest avatar and larger profile shot, you're fairly passable. Okay, we probably won't see our Wendy on the cover of Glamour or Cosmo in the coming months (we're in that same sailboat - I won't be gracing them either!), but your image says "woman", not even crossdresser.

And you're definitely "funable," Wendy!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brooks

thankyou.....what you see is what you get no photo edit thingy resized thats me.....

girlfreind i needed that here in my fat jeans.....huge hugs to you...

Aspiring Member

Dressing up or blending in?

One of the elements that affects your 'passability' is how well you blend in.

When I first started to go out again I took a good long look at my wardrobe and it was mostly straight and classic dresses and dressy suits that I love to wear. But not too many women wear the stuff outside in the day time now.

So I started to buy what I thought I could wear to go out - but it was a really tough internal struggle - and I still couldn't bring myself to buy the tailored pants and jeans that most women seemed to wear. I compromised on skirts and tops - however even so I usually found I was still over dressed compared to the average suburban woman. And I wasn't satisfied because I wanted to dress up more.

After a bit of further self analysis I decided that much as it would be easier to pass by dressing down because I was less likely to be closely scrutinised - I prefer to dress up even if it means I get more looks.

I did a little test today - I first went out wearing a woollen jumper, mid calf length skirt, tweed jacket and flat heels. I got very few long hard looks and I'd say despite the fact there weren't too many skirt wearing women around today - I blended in well.

I then came home and changed into a tight fitting lycra type stretch top, my tight fitting pencil skirt with back split, waisted it with a broad belt and put on mid stiletto heels. Now you don't have to be genius to figure out that this outfit is going to get more attention - but women, in particular. did look at me much, much more intently for all kinds of reasons...

But then I felt better dressed up...

Fiona xx

Thumbs up Passing...

Interesting thread - and some valid points - passing is as much or more about your attitude and how you present yourself than it is about how you dress. One thing that I don't do is try to convince myself that I fool anyone into believing that I'm a GG. Passable appearance - yes. Dress to blend in with the crowd - also yes. Given my size and build I'm going to attract attention no matter what I do. Still the level of acceptance I get is surpising at times - if you behave in a confident manner, are polite, and speak in a soft voice people will accept you for what you appear to be. And that is all this transwoman asks for.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice