Thread: Ladies...

Question Ladies...

Are there any MTF ladies in TX, I've met a young MTF (too young to be on these boards) but she really needs some help, gender therapists, support, etc. She's having a really hard time, frequently suicidal, things like that. Any help you can offer or resources I can tell her to try and help her through this time would be awesome.
    [SIZE=2]"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]SSC[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]2012[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]SWK![/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]
    Shaun
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by boi_0h View Post
    Are there any MTF ladies in TX, I've met a young MTF (too young to be on these boards) but she really needs some help, gender therapists, support, etc. She's having a really hard time, frequently suicidal, things like that. Any help you can offer or resources I can tell her to try and help her through this time would be awesome.
    Might be able to assist if I knew where she was based i.e Country, if TX means Texas then Laura's Playground is the place for her, Laura amato is a TS woman and is a counsellor for gender variant youngsters and adults. She has a blocked forum which is for trans kids and everything is 100% safe from trolls etc as she has links with US law enforcement. Just google Laura's plasyground forum.

If she is UK based then Samaritans are your best bet, they link to specific organisations the specific expertise.

Stephanie

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph Butterfield View Post
    Might be able to assist if I knew where she was based i.e Country, if TX means Texas then Laura's Playground is the place for her, Laura amato is a TS woman and is a counsellor for gender variant youngsters and adults. She has a blocked forum which is for trans kids and everything is 100% safe from trolls etc as she has links with US law enforcement. Just google Laura's plasyground forum.

If she is UK based then Samaritans are your best bet, they link to specific organisations the specific expertise.

Stephanie
    TX is Texas Stephanie....

http://www.lauras-playground.com/teens.htm heres laura's

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I live in Texas, I would be happy to help. I don't live near any big citiess so I probably don't live near your friend. There are ladies from just about every place in Texas on this board.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Thanks all.
    [SIZE=2]"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]SSC[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]2012[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]SWK![/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]
    Shaun
    [/SIZE]

While help from peers, support groups, forums, and chatrooms are a wonderful resource that I endorse wholeheartedly, none of us is remotely qualified to really give important advice to a person struggling with gender issues. I'm not minimizing any of the above; It's essential. But a therapist experienced in gender issues is an irreplacable resource. I googled gender therapists, Texas, and found several. I suggest that is where your friend start. many work on sliding scales for those of lesser means and without health insurance. The transgender community, as you probably know, has a disproportionate incidence of suicide and other bad stuff. There's so much we have to deal with-work, family, friends, ourselves, self-worth, just dealing with everyday life. It can all be so overwhelming, put together, sometimes, but it doesnt have to be. I strongly suggest therapy for anyone struggling with this.

Hugs,

Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa A.; 11-25-2008 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling

YouthFirstTexas

Another option if your young friend is in the Dallas area is a fantastic organization called Youth First Texas (YFT).

http://youthfirsttexas.org/

YFT programs are open to any GLBTQ youth ages 14 -22 from Dallas and the surrounding areas. They are an all-inclusive group and while have youth programs specifically for certain age/gender/ethnic youth groups, their programs are open to all youth.

Contact information is on their web page. They really and truly are a wonderful group for the youth of the Dallas area.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]