Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why don't most of us have a proper name?

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A.
    The "A" in Melissa A. means.... Nothing! There already was a Melissa here when I joined.

Hugs,

Melissa
    Yes, when I started visiting these forums (fora?) I had been Rachel for a long time but it's a very common name with various spellings. So I made it Rachel Ann because
    1. Ann is the name of two women who are very important in my life, and
    2. "A" puts me ahead of all the other Rachels, alphabetically.

I finally went to a site that already had a Rachel Ann, so I chose my surname (Compton). It's a family name on my mother's side.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

I agree some screen names are a turn off but what really turns me off is a BLANK profile. Hard to trust someone that will not take the time to put a little something in their profile.
    Kim

Sara is normal...isn't it?

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Kat
    Sara is normal...isn't it?
    No.

Well I guess that's alright then. I ain't a normal chicka.

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

Real name?

Naturally, Linda was taken when I joined. So I just put "oz" in front mainly so Aussies see where I am from. How did I pick Linda? I went to a names website and looked at the most popular girls names in 1962. Linda was 4th on the list. The more popular ones were not acceptable (close friends, wife etc). As has happened already, lovely people here just call me Linda. :rotflmao:

Now to work on a signature!

Bye from Linda

Always a N

Norbert in DRAB Mode and Norbie a sweet 'little Girl' who lives in the 18th Centurie sometime
    Norbie
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

I could get a proper name for my female persona. May be because it is of a non English language and was not yet taken, I could get it.

- Nisha.

I always felt that a name had to be something that not only felt right but came naturally. I collect dragons. I met a lady at a fair that hand made shoulder dragons. These had long tails with beans in them so that when you put it on your shoulder the tail hang down your back and it balances on your shoulder. Anyway, she took my order and about two weeks later, I got it in. She was sweet, she put on the outside of the box "New born baby dragon, handle with care" LOL She included a note. "Do NOT name your dragon, your dragon will tell you his name". Sure enough about a week later, his name just kinda popped into my head.

Same I think goes for my female name. I went a long time, years in fact until it finially came to me. JoAnn. It just so happens that the J & A are also the first two initals of my drab name. The name fit my personality, and my nature. I added Plano to the end because JoAnn was already taken and it reflected where I am living presently.

Some people don't even have a female name when they join

I didn't even know I was a girl back then, so I started off with a contrived name. Then this lot here corrupted me and I quickly realised that I wanted to choose a name.

I wanted one that suited the kind of girl I wanted to be so, every day driving to work, I kep saying "Hi, I'm ........... " (whatever name I wanted to try out) in a (bad) girlie voice, until one day Natalie came out, and that's where she's been ever since. I have now set up a new email address and msn messenger account, and everything I join I now join as Natalie, so she exists as a real and separate person in every sense.

You can always put your girl name in your signature, though, so everyone can be friendly when they respond to your posts. As you can see from some of the sisters' signatures, you can say much more about yourself as well.
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    Yes, when I started visiting these forums (fora?) I had been Rachel for a long time . . . . .
    Rachel, How about forii??

[SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

Joanie Leggs
    As My Name says Joanie was what My Wife Named me I made it proper by adding the last name and shortening my first name to Joan and the Leggs is what my admires Like the most when they first meet me ,
    KISSES Joanie

Gabrielle Maria

Gabrielle Maria

I chose Gabrielle at the exact same time my girlfriend did. Fate. This is my first posting anywhere and I'm proud of who I am and how I feel.

I just love Jo and had to put something with it, _2s was to do with slips I think ? must have been the red wine at the time.

It's bigger on the inside alba68's Avatar
    I suppose it's already been said but seams logical to me that a name could be put at the end for the signature but as Donna said people may not have one or chose not to use one. My screen name is one I have used for years in one form or another the 68 being the year of my birth. Alba comes from one of my favorite Runrig songs of the same name and is Gaelic for Scotland. It also makes an interesting femme name.
    Take care.
    [size=5]Alba.[/size]
    I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to!

Tristen Cox
    ELVIS! Sorry I had to

Eileen1969

Talking eileen1969

I like mine sweet sexy n simple! and that 69er is my year girls!
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

I don't have one because, while my wife is extremely supportive of my hobby, she doesn't want me to have a girl's name. Something about that would freak her out a bit so out of respect to her, I don't use one. The same goes for the picture. When she's ready she said she'll take some pictures of me but until then, I won't have anything to share. And I'm OK with both as long as she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    ... these forums (fora?) ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Sweet
    Rachel, How about forii??

No, then one of them would be a forius.

[size=2]It's all you Brits' fault. I learned my Latin in one of your boys' schools in the 50s, when the cane was still a favored teaching device. It didn't make you love it, but you sure learned it.[/size] =)
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter