Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omg you look like your picture

Semi Sane innocent angel

Omg you look like your picture

A bout a month a ago and I met some in real time I first met on line. She was shocked when I looked just like the picture I sent her. I know people tend to use there best pic , but do people tend to look that different in person ??
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Normally, I don't meet people who I find online (not to say I never do but I am a bit cautious about the whole thing in genenral) so I don't think I can really comment too much on this issue but I can understand why people would put their best pic on here. I can't really use any old pics (if I ever posted a picture) because I had a goatee up until halloween this year.

As for my pic, it is meant to be a drawing of me 'en femme' and it looks reasonably like what I look like in real life except my hair is slightly different in the pic (my real hair has a longer fringe and is centre-parted, it is also dark brown rather than black - I don't know if you can really see that in the pic.... maybe I should adjust the brightness), I am also slightly fatter in real life and my figure is more masculine than feminine (eg:my hips are not as wide as in the drawing). Nevertheless, I think it is quite a good drawing.
    Last edited by izzfan; 11-26-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Niya, imagine that!

CD folks looking different from their pics posted here? Well, that's just not rite!

I look JUST EXACTLY like my avatar and signature pics!

To use your byline:
    Sherry is from Venus, Robert is from the Black Lagoon!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

this is my best avatar. you don't want to see the real me besides that there's not a reinforced extra wide lens that can shoot me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mj I have seen you in the real ..and you look like you in your pics.. I see no different in your avatar ..you are you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlyn View Post
    Mj I have seen you in the real ..and you look like you in your pics.. I see no different in your avatar ..you are you !!!
    aww Thank you sher. maybe i should put up my latest pictures . then you can see .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well MJ ... I saw you just a few weeks ago ... and you look just like you.

Cute, energy to burn ... and glowing.

I can't speak for more than one or two people ... but those that I've meet do look like their photos. Obviously, the photo shows their 'best' side (smile) but it was in the ball park.

Hugs
    Last edited by Susan4; 11-26-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: typo

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    I know people tend to use there best pic, but do people tend to look that different in person ??
    I don't know Niya, you tell me ... you've met me in person several times now. I think your avatar doesn't do you justice, you look way prettier in real life!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

(unlurk)

Interesting, because this is a regularly-voiced concern. That said, I have met plenty trans people of varying stripes (mostly CDs) in person over the last couple years, including Holly, Kimberley, Rachel Morley, Rena, Windycissy and Sara (and probably others) from this forum. I can't think of one where I would say that the photos I saw presented a false impression of the person. Indeed, in a couple cases I'd say the real-life version was far more attractive than the photo suggested!

I'm sure that some folks do present themselves through a peculiarly flattering photo, and the reality is far off. But I think this may be a less common phenomenon than feared. Either that or maybe I just need to get out more...

As far as my photos? I think they are fairly representative, but it's for others to judge.

(/lurk)
    Last edited by EricaCD; 11-27-2008 at 09:19 AM.
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Yeah!!! That's so cool!!.... I'm arfaid I look nothing like my photos I post here.....

Here's what I reappy look like.... http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_6h4i...phia-loren.jpg
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yeah!!! That's so cool!!.... I'm arfaid I look nothing like my photos I post here.....

Here's what I reappy look like.... http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_6h4i...phia-loren.jpg
    Too funny Karren. I actually look like Witchblade myself but tone it down a bit when I go out.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    I've never met anyone from this site, but I know I look completely different without my makeup and wig.

Quote Originally Posted by avril findlay View Post
    I've never met anyone from this site, but I know I look completely different without my makeup and wig.
    That's what I thought too..... I have met a few local girls.. In drab, in a public place and they wandered right up to me and said hi.. How did you know it was me? Weil it was the smile!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Without the garb, hair and makeup... oh yeah... I'm completely diferent.

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    Without the garb, hair and makeup... oh yeah... I'm completely diferent.

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    I guess I'm not. I went to sparkle and checked in in boy mode. I was recognized by two people there that never saw in boy mode before .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I don't know if I look like my pictures but I do know that when I am dressed I look nothing like my G mode. This was borne out by my encounter a couple off weeks ago with a friendly lady who knows me as Mr.

Edwina

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    That's a good question. I think my pic is a fairly accurate representation of what I look like on a good dressing up day (let's not dwell on the bad ones) but you still have to consider various factors like lighting,angles etc. Then there's always the point of view,especially for crossdressers I think, that all pictures are only images and any one image is no more truthful, or false, than another and NONE of them really represent a full reality..Even in day to day life we present a edited version of ourselves..or at least I do! I suppose the trick is to just pick the pictures that make you happy, or at least not wince...

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] I have met many of the girls from here over the years and they do look like their avaitar, in fact was out to Triangles a few weeks ago and Jennfer Teal looked EXACTLY like her avitar wearing the same top she is in her photo. As for myself I look exactly the same in my avaitar even without the makeup and have been aproched by people dressed and they have said "I know you" [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

When Trans-Mission was running in London, it was a standing joke that people should wear name badges, because it was so often VERY difficult to recognise people from their avatars on various boards..

Yes, we do tend to put up our most feminine-looking pics, it's how we wish to see ourselves? But I've always tried to put up something recognisable (even though my avatar is actually of Geena Davis, that's me in my sig - and my album..)?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

The Unlucky
    I look exactly like my avatar, just in 3D.

I look like my avatar, too. Now, as far as what I normally wear, that's a different story. Can't really wear a skirt and knee highs to work, when I have to wear steel toed boots. I don't really see the point of portraying yourself as someone else, especially on dating sites. Now, my drab MySpace picture is myself in silhouette, but that's more for an art effect than anything else.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

Here's a larger pic if it is allowed you gals judge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kristen it was nice meeting you at Triangles last weekend (I was the girl in Pink who jumped in while Holli, Liz and you were dancing (sorry if I stepped on your toes ).....you looked fabulous sis and I had a great time that night....and yes I would recognize you from your avatar

Brenda

[QUOTE=Nicki B;1513786]When Trans-Mission was running in London, it was a standing joke that people should wear name badges, because it was so often VERY difficult to recognise people from their avatars on various boards..QUOTE]

Nicki thanks so much for the Transmission link....I planned my trip to London around being able to attend TX 32 (March 2005)....I'm in the photo of the 4 American chicks.....the fashion savvy of those who attended TX was beyond compare....I'm so glad I made it there before they ceased operations.....someday I hope to make it to Sparkle in the Village....what a time that is !!!

Brenda

Beth I don't know if you look like your picture or not, but you do look nice..... Of course to say anything else to a girl with a ak-47 could be unhealthy

Mindy