Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are The Stereotypes True?

Black, Hollow & Cold balletchick's Avatar
    I find it humerous that those that scoff at these characteristics then proceed to fire of a laundry list of things they collect and collectables LOL or those that say there is no evidence to support this theory but then offer no evidence of their own to support their opinion.

Yet in five pages of this thread there are very few members that have said they don't collect anything.

Once again I will reitorate that these are not my theories that I have read them on other sites. If you want to goggle characteristics of crossdressing I'm sure you will come across these theories.
    Last edited by balletchick; 12-12-2008 at 03:10 AM. Reason: typos
    "You're keeping in step, and inline, got your chin held high and you feel just fine, Cause you do what you're told, but inside your heart it is black and its hollow and its cold" Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails

"Am I intelligent Katy?" I asked, Katy replied "Yeh, very" she replied. I know that I sure am a collector. But I only collect things which I think will be useful. I throw nothing away if I think it could be handy at sometime. I suppose that I just collect junk, but it's MY junk.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

I'm intelligent enough to operate a computer.

I don't collect stuff. I have no concievable attention span.

In fact,

OK ... I took up the Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by balletchick View Post
    I find it humerous that those that scoff at these characteristics then proceed to fire of a laundry list of things they collect and collectables LOL or those that say there is no evidence to support this theory but then offer no evidence of their own to support their opinion.

Yet in five pages of this thread there are very few members that have said they don't collect anything.

Once again I will reitorate that these are not my theories that I have read them on other sites. If you want to goggle characteristics of crossdressing I'm sure you will come across these theories.
    Fair enough .. I just googled "characteristics of crossdressing" and found a study which concluded "that cross-dressers not seen for clinical reasons are virtually indistinguishable from non-cross-dressing men using a measure of personality traits, a sexual functioning inventory, and measures of psychological distress."

The study is called, Personality characteristics and sexual functioning of 188 cross-dressing men.

Here is the URL ... http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=3126963

Don't get me wrong ... I don't care. I like this thread. It was fun to read and the study could be wrong ... at the end of the day, who knows? who cares?

I just wanted to see what I'd get if I went fishing ... as suggested ... on google.

Hugs
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan4 View Post
    a study which concluded "that cross-dressers not seen for clinical reasons are virtually indistinguishable from non-cross-dressing men using a measure of personality traits"
    In other words we are all completely normal human beings, we are not different from other men except that we acknowledge our feminine side while other men are too scared to admit they have one. That is the only difference that exists. Trying to claim that we are a unique branch of humanity is a baseless assumption just because we dare to break society's taboos.

Black, Hollow & Cold balletchick's Avatar
    With all the studies that are out there you will always find something to the contrary. I think the thing that should be paid attention to is when and where the study was done but especially "when". I think its safe to say that as society moves forward more and more crossdressers are not afraid to come forward and say I'm a crossdresser.

I think its safe to say based on those that replied to this thread that there might be something to the characteristic of collecting since so many have said they collect things myself being one of them. As far as higher intelligence its tough to say, I mean everybody here seems relatively bright, but to get actual case study you'd have to have supervised testing, but then I'm in agreement that IQ tests mean nothing even though I scored relatively high on my tests.

The thing that gets me are the people that say "there is no evidence to support this" then offer nothing to support that LOL
    "You're keeping in step, and inline, got your chin held high and you feel just fine, Cause you do what you're told, but inside your heart it is black and its hollow and its cold" Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails

I collect many things, Tools, Knives, Swords, and I have been told that I am a veritable font of useless information. As for my intelligence you cannot measure what you have never had to begin with.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

I am smart enough to teach fifth graders . . .

. . . if that is any indication of intelligence. Wisdom--now that seems to have eluded me during my many years of education.

I collect nineteenth-century photographs and, ironically men's clothing of the third quarter of the nineteenth-century (my wife has a bigger collection of women's clothing from 1840 to 188o including corsets and under garments).

I have stamps, war games and historical ephemera scattered about the house and I am sure that in a few years the grandsons will get me back in to model railroading.

From a CD perspective, my shoe, stocking and and lingerie collection is much bigger than my wife's. However, my knowledge of the subject comes in handy while assisting her in selling these items on eBay (the ones that are not her or my sizes).
    And soon, "Tip's old comrades stared in wonder...and then every head bent in honest admiration of the lovely Princess Ozma."
    "The girl turned to her old friends. "Speaking the words with a sweet diffidence, she said, 'I hope none of you will care less for me than you did before. I'm just the same Tip, you know, only--only--' "
    " 'Only you're different,' said the Pumpkinhead."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by balletchick View Post
    So my question is are you a collector and what do you collect? Also if anybody wants to reveal IQ test scores you can. Also if you are a reader what authors do you read?
    collection: vinyl records

IQ: 145

authors: too many to list

I collect er..............
    Ali Cats Creameries

Home is where the cream is.
    I was born into a life of cream.
    Cream is Forever.

Collect: Anime, manga and merchandising.

IQ: 141

Well, that stereotype is for me.