Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are The Stereotypes True?

Black, Hollow & Cold balletchick's Avatar

Are The Stereotypes True?

They say, whoever "they" are that two charateristics of crossdressers is that they are highly intelligent ( and from what I have read here you all seem like an intelligent bunch) and crossdressers we are collectors.

I am definately a collector I have a cd and DVD collection that requires its own room my book collection as well is getting out of hand and of coarse my clothes male and female. Contrary to what they say I do not hate my male clothes I just hate the male underwear and socks womens clothes in the underwear department are far superior. I like male fashion as far as designer suits go I have Armani, Boss, Calvin Klein and I love them. I have trouble finding womens designer clothes that fit properly.

So my question is are you a collector and what do you collect? Also if anybody wants to reveal IQ test scores you can. Also if you are a reader what authors do you read?

Let's see if these two stereotypes are true, intelligent and collectors...

About the only thing that I collect is SHOES! Really, I'm not kidding.

I am a phyics major, i collect rock instruments, i recently read 2012, great book if you are into the end of the world theory type stuff.

oh and iq test 137

Kisses,
    Jonelle

Banned Read only
    I collect a lot..Coins and paper money silver certificates ,Steins ,original canvas oil paintings , sports cards ,out dated electronics in like new condition and of course DVDs

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    I'm definately a collector. As for intelligence, I let others decide!

I collect alot of things, guitars, electronics ( love gagets), hallmark christmas ornaments, train stuff. Wow, I've never really thought about it, but I DO collect alot of stuff.
    IQ score??? don't know, don't care. I was in the top 5% of my classes.....but that was along time and many brain cells ago.
    Tree huggin’, peace lovin’, pot smokin’, crossdressin', lazyass hippies like me.

Save a life
    http://www.worldvision.org/home.nsf/index.htm

I collect military items. Uniforms, guns, paperwork, stuff like that. More expensive than "Dressing".

I am a rocket scientist and I have a huge yet growing collection of DVDs.

I collect antique hand tools and older stringed musical instruments.

Ask my wife... I collect junk, LOL

As for intelligence, I have been told I am above average, but I do not know, and do not really care.

I have found, that most people that think there are smart, usually are not.

I have a lot of worthless objects, not so much of a collector as a packrat. My IQ? If I were more of an underachiever I could join Mensa.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I don't believe in IQ tests.

I have a Ph.D. (that and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.)

I collect books. Don't read a whole lot of fiction. Mostly popular science.

Charlene D.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I've never bothered to get tested as a adult.

Estimates... well, it would depend a lot on what you were measuring. I would rank notably below average on some of the "multiple intelligences" scales (e.g., nearly anything having to do with music or drawing or any of the "visual arts".) But in some things, observation suggests I would fairly likely be ranked above the 1 in 1000 level (above the Sigma III level), maybe even above 1 in 10,000 in some skills, but it seems unlikely to me that I would be at the 3 in 100,000 level (the Sigma IV level, the level that some people use as the definition of "genius".)

And no, I do not have a head for trivia, so don't expect me to even try out for Jeopardy! !

Collector... ummm, not really. It is true that I have a couple of thousand books, but that's just because I read a lot and seldom dispose of books (I keep them and re-read them.)

The Unlucky
    Well I do collect alot of stuff, as far as being intelligent....supposedly my IQ is 134.

But I'll use my ASVAB scores they tell the bigger picture.

GT 114
    ADMIN 122
    CMBT 126
    ELEC 120
    FA 124
    MECH 128
    FOOD 120
    COMMO 120
    MAINT 128
    TECH 126

Banned Read only
    Well I've got a lot of dresses, skirts/blouses, shoes etc. but that's not really collecting stuff is it? I used to have a load of Barbie stuff when I was a little girl. As for intelligence, I don't really know. I've done an awful lot of silly things but I don't think I'm stupid.

I have yet to meet someone in my surroundings who feels deeply inside to be not intelligent at all, even if I can meet people who can prove their own humility (or lucidity) by denying to be intelligent at all.

As for myself, I can only recognize being unable to always behave as an intelligent person , and always as a honest one as well.

Intelligence, what is that lol i would say that i have none whatsoever.
    Now collecting is a different story, i will collect most things , stamps, old bottles , swords/ bayonets, shell /bullet case`s, fossils , come to think of it just about anything .
    Sorry to mess up the first part of your theory, but then maybe i am not a Cd and that would put the theory back on track

joanne

Dumb + Blonde=Intelligence?....I don,t think so

But i do collect things....DVDs, CDs, magazines and womens clothing, lots of it, expecially panties

Yes, the stereotypes are true! So I'm told anyway. Smart? Who knows. Collecting? Yes.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    CDers must be of above average intelligence; a dullard just would not have the imagination to do what we do. I have collected different things through my life, from die cast cars, militaria, pinups and feminine items. I also collect useless knowledge and currently have a head full of it. I read about what interests me at the moment; a lot of history and social commentary. I'm told my intelligence is above the mean. I don't know what my IQ is and don't really care. My mom told me I scored 140 when I was a child but that was more years ago than I care to think about and things change over time. If a person stimulates their mind their IQ cannot help but increase.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Quote Originally Posted by balletchick View Post
    They say, whoever "they" are that two charateristics of crossdressers is that they are highly intelligent ( and from what I have read here you all seem like an intelligent bunch) and crossdressers we are collectors.
    Surely, this is a self-selecting question...

Is anyone really likely to say 'yes, I'm dumb' and mean it? All those you find on internet message boards have at least proved they can access and use a computer and find their way around such forums.

Humans generally tend to be collectors and hoarders - it's not a characteristic specific to CDs?

*looks at my partner's collection of porcelain figurines*
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Surely, this is a self-selecting question...

Is anyone really likely to say 'yes, I'm dumb' and mean it?

YES me , i would never make a joke about anything

joanne

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Panties, Short shorts, Miniskirts, shoes and Hand tools.

As far as IQ, somewhere in the mid 120's Scored high in abstractions and creative thought on other tests. But I don't think I'm smart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Very true sometimes I think way too much about things which often gets me in trouble, and I also collect worthless things such as video games, video game systems, vintage pantyhose etc.

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    I dyed my hair blonde just to have an excuse!!!!
    But I didn't end up having more fun - darn it!!!!!
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful