Thread: disability never give up

disability never give up

long post sorry. well as some of you know i have been having a battle with depression after the breakup with my ex and with my transitioning. life got very bad a few years ago when i lost my apartment and my job. i was told to apply for disability so i did i presented all my medical documents shrink reports etc but i was turned down. but i went to appeal and after another six months lost again. this is very disheartening so again i appealed the case again only to get another no but this time my appeal was going to be heard by a judicator two years later there i was sitting across from the The gestapo the official secret police of Nazi Germany. the questioning was harsh the judicator left no stone unturned i felt that i had no chance of ever wining my case. i was told after 1 1/2 hours of questioning that she would send her decision in two weeks. the longest two weeks of my life.

well i got my letter and i won my case i can't believe it and i was awarded two years back-pay.

Now my Dream can come true and i can get my srs and my boob job just like Anna Nichole smith
    so never give up it may take time but in the end with truth and reason you can have your day in court .
    there is some bad news of sort as i have to be under 200 pounds for surgery but now i have great incentive . thank you to my friends who knew and supported me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Words are not enough :-)

I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Woot!

Congradulations Daddymom! now i guess your going to be Mommy! now i am so excited for you poppy!
    Whoever said Nothing was Impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door

Thats great to hear MJ and I wish you all the best to lose that weight soon. I am on disability as well and took me 2 years to get mine too and know what you kind of went thru in the wait and see department. Anyway good luck with the weight and the surgery
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Platinum Member
    just soooooooooo cool .... i am happy for you..................

Coda...

Thumbs up

That is really good news...cheers us all up as well...that if you keep on trying things might work out......can I touch your ray of hope...

That is good news MJ, really pleased for you
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Congrats, MJ, and you are right- never give up. I'm sure over here they make it difficult, hopeing you'll just give up and go away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Hun thats great news, I'm so happy for ya xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Congratulations!! Sometimes things do work out.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Congratulations MJ. Things are looking up for you. Battling the system can be difficult at times but if you are right, it is worth the battle.

Steph

Good for you, my wife got hers last May, and it has helped us out quite a bit. She fought severe depression for the last 7 ??? years. She is a strong woman. Her interview was very hard on her. Good luck with everything.
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

The former Melissa I Michelle I's Avatar
    MJ, that is wondeful news, I am glad that things are looking up for you.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    long post sorry. well as some of you know i have been having a battle with depression after the breakup with my ex and with my transitioning. life got very bad a few years ago when i lost my apartment and my job. i was told to apply for disability so i did i presented all my medical documents shrink reports etc but i was turned down. but i went to appeal and after another six months lost again. this is very disheartening so again i appealed the case again only to get another no but this time my appeal was going to be heard by a judicator two years later there i was sitting across from the The gestapo the official secret police of Nazi Germany. the questioning was harsh the judicator left no stone unturned i felt that i had no chance of ever wining my case. i was told after 1 1/2 hours of questioning that she would send her decision in two weeks. the longest two weeks of my life.

well i got my letter and i won my case i can't believe it and i was awarded two years back-pay.

Now my Dream can come true and i can get my srs and my boob job just like Anna Nichole smith
    so never give up it may take time but in the end with truth and reason you can have your day in court .
    there is some bad news of sort as i have to be under 200 pounds for surgery but now i have great incentive . thank you to my friends who knew and supported me

Good for you MJ, I'm SO glad things are working out so that your happy!
    Oh, and that weight thing? I've got a hunch that wont be much of a problem for you anyway as you now have one hell of an incentive and goal!

MJ, I am so happy that you won out. Dealing with the government in Canada over disability claims is so frustrating. I went through the same roller coaster ride myself, I think that a physical disability is easier to prove. I had 2 very good P Docs fighting for me and I eventually got a disability pension. I am so happy that you have finally gotten through to the bureaucracy and that you will receive what is rightly yours.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Yay! Congratulations, MJ!
    Woohoo...

jenn

MJ, WOW! That is the best news I've heard this year. I bet you're on Cloud Nine. As for the weight, I'm certain you'll lose it, as Kim said, you have a great incentive and goal.

I'm in a similar situation, I got down to 205 last Spring (Bowers is rquiring a max weight of 210), but had a bout of depression and ballooned back up to 245. Now I'm working on losing it again. What is the weight limit for the surgeon you're planning on using?

I know you'll lose the weight. Fight through the weak moments and remember your goal. Again Congratulations! Way to go sister.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MJ this is great news. Just a word of caution though... the CRA may want a slice of the back pay. It would be worth talking to an acct. and refiling if you have to. I would hate to see you get zinged later.

Weight loss. Hon, I went on low carb in July and have lost in excess of 30 lbs and gone from a 20 to a 14 dress. Skirts and jeans from a 14 to a 10. I feel great and am never hungry. The doc is happy... well as happy as she ever is with me.. lol. Actually she is supportive but would like me to cut back the cholesterol as well. We will see.

If I can do it anyone can. I was so into needing my chips and nuts, ice cream, breads and muffins and all that. Now I dont miss them. Actually I have one day a week where I have a carb holiday but I dont go crazy on them either.

Huggs,
    Kimmie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Kimberley,

MJ and I need soooooooo need ur diet plan please
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I am using Atkins. It can be a bit on the pricey side but not too bad overall I guess. A lot of meats, dairy products, green veggies but low sugar content. I have kept my carb intake to about 20g/day and like I said allow myself 1 day a week where I go to about 50g. No breads or baked goods. Sugar is the enemy. BTW the glycemic index has my doc grinning from ear to ear. (She is so cute when she smiles.)

I also take a general vitamin supplement plus B-12 and Niacin (B1 to control tryglicerides)

Hope this is of some help. You can find a bit of information on the Atkins website but the book is much more detailed.

Kimmie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Horray for MJ

Well done, you did it. I'm so happy for you

Suzy