Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing enfemme, but appearing as a man.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Wearing enfemme, but appearing as a man.

How many of you ladies go out in public dressed enfemme, but withour a wig or makeup? Or to put it bluntly, a man wearing a skirt! Since my lovely wife passed away a little over three years ago, I do it all the time. Grocery shopping, going to the mall, going out to eat, or doing almost anything else!

I am a confirmed CD, meaning that I am much more comfortable in feminine clothing than in male things. I have no desire to be a woman, I just like to dress like one!! Before my wife passed away, she would do my wig and my makeup so that we could go out as two ladies! Except for my voice, which is quite distinctively male, I had no trouble passing. I did have a lot of laryngitis in those days!!!

At age 76 I am older then many of you, and have been a CD for over 65 years. So I do have experience on my side when it comes to having the confidence to face the public wearing skirts, etc. Btw, when I am out like that I am feminine from the skin out!!

So what about you ladies?

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 11-30-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added words to make more sense of question!

If I go out I always try to look as 'feminine' as possible - so it's wig, make-up etc.

Sometimes I 'underdress' when we go out but will not wear a skirt on those occasions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

I don't pass well so the only time I out is Halloween. But aside from work I sometimes wear a cami and always wear panties whrn I'm out.
    Angie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    How many of you ladies go out in public dressed enfemme, but without a wig or makeup?
    Hi Stephanie,

Wow! ... fully en femme with hip padding and forms etc but no makeup or a wig? That seems pretty brave to me. I don't know how feminine you look in boy mode, but I guess you are sending a clear signal that you are comfortable being seen as a feminine man - unless you're pretty passable in boy mode

I like dressing in fairly obvious feminine clothes but otherwise be in (girly) boy mode. However, I don't go all out and wear skirts or dresses like you do, I just wear jeans or capris with tennis shoes, a girls' t-shirt and cardigan with a baseball cap, earrings and light eye makeup. When I dress this way I think I look like a girly guy openly wearing women's clothes yet when I'm with my wife and I'm dressed like this we sometimes get called ladies. Yet I'm thinking to myself .... "I'm a guy can't you tell?" Being called ladies when I'm with my wife always seems to happen when I'm fully en femme and doing my best to pass but my point is, sometimes it happens when I'm not trying to pass. It's the biggest thrill for me when it does happen.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 11-30-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    I wouldn't even think of looking out of the window without my wig and makeup when I'm dressed! I want to look as feminine as I can not like a "guy in a skirt!"

I have to say that it is each to there own....but in my case, I wouldn't dream of it sorry!!

It's woman or man for me....but then even though I am convinced I should be a female, I look like a man in drag so venturing out is a big no no!!

I only go out when fully dressed and made up. I want to be seen as either 100% male or female. No mix.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I wear feminine clothing almost every day. BUT it is also pretty stealth. If you thought about it, you would realize that it is girls... but most do not think about it at all!!

I think that s a very natural way of doing it and a true meaning of being at one with yourself.

joanne

I wear alot of female clothing even in butch mode,it's usually the generic style like pants tops loffers. Otherwise I perfer the total look. I don't know maybe someday I'll just go out wearing a dress or skirt without the wig and make-up. Naw I think I'll wear it all.

It's great you feel comfortable doing it, and it'll open the doors for others to step out on their own quest.

HUGS Sandra

I am more of less wearing female clothes all the time now, but jeans, tee shirts, cords, etc not skirts and so on. A few people don't realise that I am wearing female clothes but I think that most do, as my body shape is now decidedly female (bum and boobs, even my face has improved) and I do get some very odd looks. Who cares, it makes me happy. Eventually I will go the whole hog, permanently.

I have been out a few times fully enfemme but not as a plain jane. I know I dont pass but the thrill at night is almost unbearable, I honestly wish I could go out whenever I wanted but atlass I do what I can as often as I can.
    Laura

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I pretty much wear femme jeans and gender neutral tops (some lean a little girly) in guy mode.No make up or wig and most don't notice.

Sometimes when I go shopping the only male things I wear are my shoes and coat. I always underdress and either wear female pants or jeans plus female tops that can sometimes pass as male tops. I occasionally get questioning looks, but I feel fairly confident walking around like that. If I'm brave enough I may wear some comfortable female shoes. The more I go out like tht the easier it becomes.

I'm one of those "bearded ladies" that Tri-Ess dreads. Hate having sticky goop on my face, and I would rather just wear a hat if my head gets cold. And some people act like they dig on the honesty.

I like doing it because it confuses people I'll wear one piece of women's clothing, usually a skirt or with a blouse, or a blouse with pants and sometimes heels. I'll even go out in normal guy clothes but have girly hair and/or painted finger and toenails, with an open-toe. I love expressing myself because it shows I don't care if other people like it or not, I'll still do it.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Hi Stephanie,

Wow! ... fully en femme with hip padding and forms etc but no makeup or a wig? That seems pretty brave to me. I don't know how feminine you look in boy mode, but I guess you are sending a clear signal that you are comfortable being seen as a feminine man - unless you're pretty passable in boy mode.
    Rachel, I don't usually wear hip padding and never wear forms. My avatar shows me the way I am! I am a natural 40 B, a perfect size 16, and proud of it! I am not passable in boy mode, but I try to look pretty feminine the way I dress. And yes, I am totally comfortable being seen that way. It is a total matter of confidence in yourself! BTW, I did walk around in a local mall wearing the same top and bra as seen in my avatar. Also had a skort on! Some doubletakes, but no comments!

Sarena, you are my kind of lady!! If you are happy in what you are wearing, that is all that counts!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 11-30-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Added some more!

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    wearing womens clothes but as a man.... ummm that would be me also,,,,

sunny with a high of 75!
    Stephanie, I love it! Confidence is awesome!

I did this all the time in college, 15 years ago. I'd usually have men's clothes from the waste up, and a skirt and heeled boots with interesting hosiery where they belong. I got a few comments and questions, and one loud mouth in a parking lot, but most were cool with it. Hey, it was college, after all.

I thought that version was the most logical, following the pattern of "crossdressing" modeled by GGs- girls wear guy clothes all the time without trying to appear as a man, so why shouldn't I do the same if I'm bored with men's clothes?

I'm progressing in what I'm looking for, interestingly enough. Just last week I bought my first makeup, and I'll have a wig fitted this week. Partly for disguise, but mostly to see my femme side in full-force.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I was out in drab today well close to anyway low cut femme jeans Tshirt guy jacket and tennies and went to Guitar Center for some things and to show a guitar I built to the Mgr.
    Well checking the guitar at the front desk the young lady said wow thats some pretty fingernail polish a nice shimmery pink.I told her I was in drag last night and forgot to take it off she said "REALLY?"I said yeah really.
    She had the deer in the headlights look.Too funny.

I'm another one who goes out en femme but looking as a man - indeed, that's the way I've always done it. I've always just been someone who wants his "total fashion freedom", and going the "whole hog" by trying to pass as a woman always seemed like too much trouble, and not what I was really looking to do anyway. Really, I'm perfectly content to be just one big girlyboy. I'm fortunate in that I've been told I look pretty feminine anyway, and that I look really good in women's clothing even as a guy. My androgynous way of dressing has really become my own unique style over the years, and I think I'd be doing my pretty looks a disservice if I ceased dressing the way I do, if I just went around in a drab grey suit like seemingly 90% of all other guys in Western society do these days.

I will admit that I do feminize my appearance in various other ways. I wax or shave most of my body, have used laser treatment to remove most of my facial hair (I just never liked the look of my five o'clock shadow - I always thought it made me look grotty), and exercise regularly in order to maintain the slim, girlish figure I've always been lucky to have. I also get a funny sort of pleasure from being mistaken for a girl, which happens occasionally. I've also worn makeup and cosmetics when out; given a lot of rockstars and historical figures have worn that kind of thing, I don't think that's any big deal. I've also gone completely en femme for fancy dress parties, and when I've done that, have put a lot of effort into the look I've crafted, so I come across as convincing a woman as I can.

One thing I find fascinating is just how beautiful some guys can look in women's clothing and makeup, even without trying to pass. As I mentioned in another posting, I once saw Davey Jones (of Monkees fame) in a leafy woman's bathing cap, and thought he looked very cute in that (unfortunately he didn't stay in it long, and was really only wearing it under duress); and I was also fortunate to see Eddie Izzard do standup a few years ago. Dressed and made up, he's really quite stunning (far more so than he appears in photos), even though he doesn't go out of his way to pass as a woman. In addition, I've found some rather interesting pieces of art on a couple of sites called "Petticoat Discipline Quarterly" and "Petticoat Punishment Art". Done by an artist who refers to her(him?)self simply as Christeen, they show a boy called Chris (who actually appears to be three different individuals) being dressed like a girl by various female authority figures in his life. In a lot of the pictures he'll appear as a (very pretty) girl, but in some he'll appear as an extremely feminized boy instead. In the latter, he looks amazing, possessing a beauty that seems to transcend gender - it's really mind-blowing. Unfortunately, Christeen's art seems to have been removed from both sites right now, but hopefully it'll be back up again soon - they say its removal is only temporary.

I for one have never worn a wig or make up... I just love wearing clothes that are as feminine as possible. I however don't venture out of the house that way, except for the occasional underdressing. (Almost everything that I like to wear would be pretty inappropriate in public anyway - especially for someone my age.)

I've come to realize that I definitely don't want to be a woman, and when dressed I don't even want to act like one. I'm just me in female clothes.

I'm getter bolder about it all. Recently I've been going out in guy mode but with nice femme tops and jewelry on. So far there have been no bad reactions to it.

I've undressed or worn womens jeans when I'm out sometimes. You ladies that go out dressed all the time have my admiration. I would love to go out shopping and to a movie or something like that dressed as I would really love to. My wife and I have talke about it, but that is as far as it has gone. I would like to find a kind of accepting place near home but we know to many people. The old bugger-boo of seeing somone we know.

Banned Read only
    If I'm going out to look like a woman then I try to look as passable as possible. Yesterday for the first time I went out without a wig and got some compliments from some new friends that I should do that rather than wear a wig. Although it must look better than I thought, I'm not totally convinced about it yet, it was only because I was with many new non-judgemental friends. One night I wore high heel ankle boots with all other male clothing, to the supermarket. I got some stares from a maintenance worker who was there working, but I just stared at that jerk as hard as I could to deter him. When dressed in all male clothing, I've had quite a few good comments about my nail polish. But generally I dont try and do a mix of the clothing. I do plan to wear the high heel boots with my male clothing a bit more, but thats about the only thing.

Janie