Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Crying

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    The last time I cried unexpectedly was............after reading through all of the posts before mine !!! Where's the Kleenex dammit ?

Does crying when Ole Yaller died count??
    Aaaahhhh, the FUN and joy of getting to be the girl I always WANTED to be, I love every minute of it!!!
    A chance to crossdress is a TERRIBLE thing to waste!!!

I actually am usually very controlling and secretive about my emotions, mostly because I always try to be the "strong-man" in the emotional situations. A few years ago, my mom was very very depressed, before she and my dad divorced, and she attempted suicide. When my dad told everyone, he was strong for my brother while I was for my sister, and then when they left the room, I kept a dry eye and comforted my dad. Only once I was alone did I let it out. If you're trying to convince someone that everything's going to be alright, it's easier to do it when you're call and in-control than when you're crying too, I think.

That said, I am much more outward with my emotions when I'm mentally in girl mode. I smile and laugh a decent amount in guy mode when I'm happy, but the emotions are all a lot more extreme when I'm feeling girly.

Another reason that I'm so grateful for my SO is because she's one of the only people I can let myself cry around. If anyone else is around, I'll hold back a tear like crying is a death sentence, but when I'm with her, I can let it out if I need to.

I have found myself nearly-crying, or having to hold it back, at unexpected times occasionally, though. Usually in girl mode, but a time or two in guy mode too. It always catches me completely offguard, cause I very rarely cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    The most unexpected tear jerker for me was
    "Field of Dreams" when his dead father came out of the corn field and played catch with him.. I almost bit my tongue off..

Also,
    "Big Fish"
    "Mr. Holland's Opus"
    "West Side Story"...I now stop watching before Tony gets killed..

There are a lot more, but I can't think of them now.
    "hey dad? wanna have a catch?"
    I'm boohooing like there's no tomorrow...

I know I am extremely sensitive even for a girl. But last week I surprised even myself. We took our little daughter to see Madagascar 2 (funny animated movie for kids). I'm laughing and then suddenly I start to cry while the whole theater is still laughing (it wasn't that touchy scene). Well, that was embarrassing.
    Clara

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    OMG .... I cry at a moments notice. Seriously, I have a very low ability for being able to control my "crying type feelings" and I tear-up at the slightest "wave of emotion" that hits me for almost any reason. I am such a wimp.

Happiness, sadness, or just feeling overwhelmed by it all (whatever "it" maybe). It used to be a big problem as it would happen at the most inappropriate times....
    Yup, that's me too.
    Clara

Quote Originally Posted by scherylnmke View Post
    also happens when I hear Taps and bagpipes playing Amazing Grace.
    Yeah, I've come close several times at the end of Star Trek 2, but I usually keep it under control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qelcp4w2No8

OK, forget that ... I cried just now watching it again

What the hell kinda girly nerd cries watching Star Trek??? Star Trek 2 is such a fascinating movie, though. The writers/director never did anything else of note, and Ricardo Montalban is the closest thing to a good actor in the movie. It's definitely one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time, though, and I'm not even a Star Trek fan.

Saving Private Ryan Omaha beach:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y1YL9C8Hfw

That scene makes me start hyperventilating. Having Forest Gump as the CO kinda takes the edge off, but I still don't wanna watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_KCRIDbEXM

Even if you hate anime, Grave of the Fireflies is an amazing movie that will make you very happy and very sad. It's beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3ltyPJJMQ

American Beauty is probably the only movie that made me cry from feeling happy. I love when Lester's whole outlook changes, and it shows him getting up to go jogging and the camera is flying overhead and it's playing The Seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by racquel937 View Post
    Saving Private Ryan Omaha beach:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y1YL9C8Hfw
    My son and I went to see that movie and I wept so much through that first scene. The next time My son and I went to see a movie, he asked me, Dad you'r not going to cry like you did with "Saving Private Ryan" are you?
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I cry much much more than my wife. We won't be going to the movies to see "Marley & Me".

I guess we all can get very emotional at movies. I remember one episode that made me really angry at stupid male coping mechanisms.

My wife and I were graduate students, watching Sophie's Choice at a campus theater (auditorium really). As the climatic scene played out, I was actually having a hard time even breathing. At just the wrong moment some goddamned undergrad yelled out something he thought was clever, and laughter rippled through the room. After all, you can't cry like a sissy, can you?

I think it was the last movie I ever saw on campus.

Liz

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar
    We watched Mighty Joe Yong, the other day. First time I've ever saw the whole movie. My wife told me about the end, but when he fell off the Ferris wheel, the water came a poring. Then we watched Hancock, at the end when I thought Angle died, we cried so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

I was never raised to think that crying was not for "jocks". I, like others, cry when the national anthem is played, our flag is raised and during film scenes that have a human interest theme. I don't try to hide it and am never ashamed as after all I am a human being not a robot.

A few weeks ago I did abit when I watched a dog on TV being resqued from the freezing water he was stuck in. Once they got him on land and dried him off he went into shock and it looked like he was dying, it was a sad sight to watch and even the cop on the scene was crying.

Had a happy ending though as he recovered fully

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I have'nt had a good cry in ages, but now and again I get the odd tear watching a sad movie.
    I am very sensitive, and emotional though. But I'm never afraid to show my tears.
    The orginal "King kong" where he is on the chrysler building always gets me teary...
    A few other movies are "Awakenings", where Robert De Niro is shaking terribly trying to put Robin Williams glasses back together. That scene can send me into a tear frenzy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole123 View Post
    When the kids were still little we were watching the cartoon "The Iron Giant"
    and when he was flying up to stop the rocket I had to leave the room.
    silly I know.
    That's not silly.

I watched that film in the cinema and started crying at that scene. I bought the DVD and cried at that scene and every time I have seen it, which is a lot, that scene has my eyes stinging every time. Even remembering it from your mention has me fighting tears.

I hope you came back into the room for the last bit at the end though.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Golly , I cry at the slightest nowaday......wept really heavily this very mornin when I saw an animal charity advert on tv ( Brooke foundation ) I,m full of flu so that didnt help , but I just blub ....
    Certain movies grab my emotions too , some are pretty odd ... the opening scene of Star Wars always works, the end scene of Shawshank redemption kills me , Merry christmas Mr Lawrence is a goodie for a weep too .
    Even bloomin tv shows have had me weep .... goodness.
    I chatted to friends on this subject in the past ( they dont know about Michelle ) and a few had addmitted to feeling the same , one or two even remarked as they,ve aged emotions become greater . I have to agree .
    Its even happened at concerts I,ve attended . Pink Floyd , floored me when near the end they played comfortably numb , linkin Park even had me bubble with Crawling.
    Then theres new years eve....... Auld Langs really makes me go for it ...indeed if i,m out , I,ve been known to disapear whilst everyone sings the year out and in.........

better get the tissues ready for christmas morning......

emotions - who needs em ?

I do .

Crying

I guess I cry when I'm really happy or really sad.

The first time I held my grand daughter I was so emotional I just totally lost it.

Now when I'm watching the news on PBS and they show, in silence, the names and faces of those killed in action I have to look away, but I still cry everytime.

I don't have any unexpected crying episodes in public; but when I'm alone, it happens about twice a week; the littlest thing can set me off. In contrast, when I was younger, maybe this would happen maybe once in ten years. I chalk it up to My subconscious spending so much time fighting depression that when I'm alone, I just let go what I try so hard to suppress when in public.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I always feel like crying during movies or even tv shows; seeing the other responses, I can see that being so emotional is most likely linked to also being a CD.
    The last time I almost cried was during a tv show called "cold case". I was watching it with some male cousins that don't know I'm a CD. My cousins were totally indiferent emotionally to the story, while I was ready to cry my eyes out.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I cry very often when watching films, reading sad stories in thew newspapers, and sometimes just by remembering things. I am very emotional and it is getting worse as I get older.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I feel my eyes stinging when I hear a recording of a military band playing Going Home and then a lone trumpeter joins in with The Last Post as a descant.
    Either that or a pipe band playing "Scotland the Brave"

I am part Scots after all.

Edwina

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I tear up really bad watching Extreme Home Makeover!! lol
    OMG That show makes me a blubbering idiot. I can cry just sitting and thinking of things in my past, pics of my kids, the wind in the trees but I am a Happy person!!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

As I do it more and more, I cry more and more (I think the hormones have a part to play here as well). Just cried my way through West Side Story and La Cage Aux Folles. But then I was dressed as Tricia so it didn't matter. YAY!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

There's a song by REM, Nightswimming. I really struggle to hold it together when I hear that. Also, 'Be Mine' by REM does the same. God, I'm fillin' up just reading the lyrics below!

I never thought of this as funny
    It speaks another world to me
    I wanna be your Easter bunny
    I wanna be your Christmas tree.

I’ll strip the world that you must live in
    of all its godforsaken greed.
    I’ll ply the tar of your feathers.
    I’ll pluck the thorns out of your feet.
    You and me.
    You and me.
    You and me.

And if I choose your sanctuary.
    I’ll want to wash you with my hair.
    I’ll want to drink of sacred fountains
    and find the riches hidden there.

I’ll reap the lotus and the pyote.
    I’ll want to hear the caged-bird sing.
    I’ll want the secrets of the temple.
    I’ll want the finger with the ring.
    You and me.
    You and me.
    You and me.

And if you made me your religion.
    I’ll give all the room you need.
    I’ll be the drawing of your breath.
    I’ll be carpet you should weave.
    I’ll be the sky above the Ganges
    I’ll be the vast and stormy sea.
    I’ll be the lights that guide you inland.
    I’ll be the visions you will see.
    Visions you will see.
    You will see.
    You will see.
    You and me.
    You and me.
    You and me.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie CD View Post
    Hey I cray during the National Anthem, at parades and when our Flag is raised. I cry at alot of things
    I cried the first time I got to sing O Canada with the congregation at a church service on Canada Day few years ago. And I haven't even emigrated yet!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!