Thread: out to the family, time for 'mones!

out to the family, time for 'mones!

So I finally came out to the rest of my family. It was not an easy thing to do, and will take many years before everything settles down and I'm accepted for the woman that I am, but I am out! It feels great! ok, so my plan is to start hrt somewhere in the next month. i don't really need the letter, or the blood tests to get sprio and estrogen, but i'd like to play it safe, so by january i'll be on my way, finally! just wanted to share. i'm ecstatic right now.

Congrats!

Congratulations... I think by far the biggest hurdle is past. Telling your family is like a ton of bricks off your shoulders. I know a lot of girls (i.e. me) would love to be in your position...

it's like nike says, just ****ing do it, hehe

congratulations . i am happy for you. if i may your first lesson in womanhood is in the details ..... so what happened who did you tell first what was there reaction ? who was next details girl details
    please just remember we are here for you Hun now your going to start your journey you have many friends who will help you all the very best

see i knew there was a reason why i can't sleep.. now I'll try to get to sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i told my father months ago, but i don't really care what he thinks, so it wasn't a big deal.he was the first.

so far, in the last 3 months, i've come out to my family, and all but 2 of my friends. so far, i've been extremely lucky. i have much explaining to do, but i am confident in my decision and that is enough. i've spent the last few years surrounding myself with people i know i can trust.

tonight i came out to my older brother. he's the 'alpha male' type so it's going to be tough for him, and me. i have yet to hear back from him. but, honestly, i don't care. i scoffed at the reuquired thought of 'losing everyone you have' because i can perfectly manage myself on my own. what i'm doing now, is just saying, 'hi, this is why you haven't heard much from me for almost 3 years. this is why i've been messed up and i've finally figured it out. i'm going to be me.'

Congratulations

It's a big step, but I've found the more people who know, the easier it all becomes. I've told 20 so far and all have received it okay.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar

You go, girl :)

I'm so happy for you! You're one tough lady, the kind we love

And be sure to do the HRT with a doctor. You don't want to mess up your pretty body

I went full time at 21 and I've never regretted it for a second!

Huggles, and welcome to the wonderful side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Congratulations! Telling everyone is by far the hardest aspect. Now the real fun begins eh?
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss