Thread: Buzz Kill...

Aspiring Member

Buzz Kill...

... so I havent really had the urge to dress. Eventhough I did go shopping for boots en drab and tried them on in store. I could have went dressed and didnt, i dunno why, argh! So today I said just do it and get dressed. I was pleased with my look in my new pea coat and boots I decided to go out. I of course had to go to my local MAC store to fish for compliments. The girl there remembers me by name since I've browse there so much began to tease me because I havent let her try anything on me yet.

So after the ego boost i'm bouncing store to store just gleeming with joy. I walked into Old Navy and right away a male SA read me.(I think) He gave me this look and retreated to the back of the store. I was like what ever and continued to shop. Well I get midway in the store and across the store I notice the 1st SA with another male SA both just looking and staring. It made me feel real uncomfortable so I decided to leave. I'd like to think they were checking me out but I didnt get that vibe.

Buzz Kill2, I at a stop light waiting to turn right when I look up and see a friend and his wife looking at me as though they recognized the car. I pull over go into a store for a few minutes. Well as I get back into traffic two cars over there is my and his wife. I eventually turned onto a side street to avoid acutally running into them. I thought for sure they seen me. So tonite at a meeting, they were in attendance and nothing ever came up as to them seeing my car and some girl driving it.
    Rachel

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow tough call. I would act like I had no clue what they were talking about and blow it off and never bring it up.And if they do say something like Hell I thought you guys were joking.

Hi -

There are days like that, when everyone seems to want to make you feel bad about what you are doing. They don't, of course, it just feels that way.

People are naturally curious and are going to stare. It doesn't mean anything.

I learned that no matter how "authentic" I think I look, most people know what I am. I really started to enjoy myself and relax when I got used to the fact that I'm never passing. At least I don't have to keep up the pretense.

Now, I am actually a little disappointed if I go out somewhere and don't get noticed. I guess I prefer to have people see a stylish crossdresser than just some other woman.

Yvonne

- If a crossdresser walks into a bar and no one hears her heels clicking, has she really crossdressed?

Good advice Yvonne!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Aspiring Member

great advice

Thanks Yvonne. That is really great advice. I've picked that up in other threads but it didnt click until you stated it. I guess if im to be read then leave them with the feeling of how well I looked.
    Rachel

Rachel if I get made I get made. Few if any are going to do more than stare and I can live with that. Most are to busy thinking about their own lives to notice that you are not a gg. I rather like an uneventful day out! As for the car incident, you could easily say a freind borrowed your car or just come out and tell the truth, if you are in a position to do that.

Eileen

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel M View Post
    Thanks Yvonne. That is really great advice. I've picked that up in other threads but it didnt click until you stated it. I guess if im to be read then leave them with the feeling of how well I looked.
    Rachel
    And you do look well!

Quote Originally Posted by yms View Post
    Hi -

There are days like that, when everyone seems to want to make you feel bad about what you are doing. They don't, of course, it just feels that way.

People are naturally curious and are going to stare. It doesn't mean anything.

I learned that no matter how "authentic" I think I look, most people know what I am. I really started to enjoy myself and relax when I got used to the fact that I'm never passing. At least I don't have to keep up the pretense.

Now, I am actually a little disappointed if I go out somewhere and don't get noticed. I guess I prefer to have people see a stylish crossdresser than just some other woman.

Yvonne

- If a crossdresser walks into a bar and no one hears her heels clicking, has she really crossdressed?
    YAY, YAY, YAY Yvonne, exactly how I feel and that opened up my life for me. Not sure about your sig though, I love my gold flats and I can even dance in them!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Silver Member
    Rachel, I wouldn't worry so much about being read. I think the SA's probably didn't read you and if they did, so what? The car incident was no big deal either. There are a lot of cars that look the same these days. Since your friend did not say anything about it then he probably didn't read you or is too nice of a person to not bring it up. Either way, no problem.

I've had similar days

I've had similar days. One day I actually walked within 2 feet of a co-worker at the mall. Nothing was said (I don't think she recognized me) & I was glad for that.

I'm sure you'll get over it. I did.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"