Thread: wedding dress shopping

wedding dress shopping

One of the things that I have always wanted to do is shop for and try on wedding dresses. Although to be honest I never thought Id have enough courage to actualy do it. Afterall it is really putting yourself out there. But as the years go buy and I do more shoping and dressing I want to do this more and more.

Have any of you gals gone to Davids Bridal or other wedding dress stores and if so what was the experience like. Part of me feels that my worst fear is that Id make another bride feel uncomfortable. The the other part of me says as long as I aproach this in a classy way who cares what other bridal customers might think.

Id love to hear about all your exeprices and tips you might have. thanks

Silver Member
    I have done this 5 times. Twice I just made appointments at Davids and said I wanted a gown to have photos taken in and had a great time. I went at less buzy times and even had other customers compliment me and some of my gowns. Davids allows some picture taking but can be more pushy about buying a gown. They have a large selection in all sizes which is good. The other 3 times I arranged to try on dresses at boutique shops and simply payed them for thier time and had photos taken at each. I paid from $100 for 3 hours of thier time up to $225 for the same time at a different shop. All were extremely pleasany experiences. The better ones were where I paid them for thier time since they didn't pressure me to buy. The risk with this approach is that if they don't want to dothat they wont let you just try them on.
    My advice is to call some shops and ask. Times are tough and you just might have a mmorable experience. Good lUck and keep us posted.

Smile

I bought a wedding dress years ago, that i saw displayed in a charity shop window. i wasnt brave enough to wait in the shop and make conversation whilst it was taken off the dummie. So i phoned the shop and asked them to put it in a bag and i'll be round for it in an hour. when i collected it the woman behind the counter caught my eye and gave me a knowing look that made my heart race. She new. It was the best £25 i ever spent.

Wedding Dresses

I have two wedding dresses, both I bought on line, one fits me perfectly the other was a two part dress, the skirt fits, but the bodice did not although I checked the size, which was correct, so I ordered a new top but in a larger size, and would you believe that was too small, and unfortunately tin the dress style they only went up size 16uk (Iam a size 14uk). So what is the moral of my story. don't but on line get a fitting.
    Lesley Ann

Hi All,

Trying on wedding gowns is the most feminie experiance I have ever had!

I was lucky enough to find a shop rihgt here in Grandview that has a large selection of 2nd time arond wedding dresses as well as other gowns.

I have purchased things there before, and they were very accomidating in allowing me to try on the gowns.

I ahve to agree with who ever said have a fitting dont buy of the net. but, I understand some peoples reservations. Anyway, I loved it, and if any have thought of going fro a fitting Do It!

Hugz

Jenny Do.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Trying on wedding gowns is the most thrilling experence I had at David's Bridal and had no problem and actully had one made to fit me and purchased and I glowed for days when I modeled it in front of my GG friends and they were all jealous that it was a perfect fit.