Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When You Are Underdressed at Work...

When You Are Underdressed at Work...

I read the answers to susanCD123's question regarding panties at work and I thought I would ask....

How do you feel about yourself? I mean do you feel like a female? If so how do you act at work? One of the reasons I do not underdress is that when I tried it I felt rather confused. When I dress I feel more femme. When I'm partially dressed I just don't feel right. Plus there's a slight difference how I act when expressing my female part so I would have to suppress this part of me when underdressed at work. Anyway, I was just curious how it works for those of you who do. Sometimes I feel it would be nice to wear something femme even when not completely dressed. Plus I'm still rather new into CD so I'm trying to figuring things out.
    Clara

Silver Member
    I know what you mean about being confused. I have not underdressed at work but have worn polish on my toes a few times and that was good. I do notice that when I underdress at home to do chores I feel awkward doing manly things dressed that way. It feels wonderful doing ladylike chores underdressed but not those manly ones. I am with you on this sis.

Yes, I feel different going to work underdressed. I have much more trouble concentrating on the job at hand.

There was about a month long period that I went to work underdressed. Barely got a worthwhile thing done during that month. Not a good thing.

I work from home now so I dress or under dress every day but about year ago I had to give IT presentations to small groups of clients (10 to 15 people) on a regular basis and I found that for some strange reason I felt much more confident and relaxed when I underdressed. If I started to get a bit nervous I would just think about the lovely ensemble under my suite and suddenly feel much more relaxed...weird I know but it worked for me.

Aspiring Member

different at work?

I think most of the time I forget I'm wearing panties, but every once in a while I move or sit or something, and I get a little thrill. I don't think I act any differently, except for being more careful about bending over, etc.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    When you wear panties 24/7, you "habituate" to them (or at least I do): they stop being a thrill, and you stop thinking about them in your spare time; even the times when you need to recall the fact (e.g., going to the urinal), they just become "your underwear". Now-a-days, most of the time if you were to suddenly ask me which panties I am wearing, I would have to think about it, and I might well not know.

Which is not to say that I wouldn't notice if I changed back to men's underwear: I no longer find men's underwear comfortable and I am somehow dissatisfied all day on the (now few) days that I wear it. It's not as bad as being forced to wear a tie (gah!!) but it is sort of like having to wear a shirt that you don't like the design or colour of: if you have to go back to men's underwear after wearing panties 24/7 for long enough, your mind is on your work but you just "don't have a good day".

I've been wearing a crossover mini-camisole bra (or mini crop-top, almost exactly the same thing) {with no forms} to work a fair bit lately, and I'm becoming habituated to that -- though I don't have a "bad day" if I do not wear it (though I might think about the "lost opportunity"). I have a number of tops that I can't wear a bra with at work (not in "guy mode") as the bra would show -- for example, I sometimes wear a blouse to work and bras would tend to show through it. So bra-wearing is, for me, still more of a deliberate choice than is the case with panties. Which isn't to say that I wouldn't like to be able to openly wear blouses / tops and bras (with my D forms) at work, I "miss" them, but I do not (yet?) "need" those as much as I (at some ineffable level) "need" to wear my panties even as I don't pay attention to which panties I am wearing.

Banned Read only
    I'm so used to always wearing a bra and panties that I don't really think about it. Now if I was wearing men's underwear, I'd be very (uncomfortably) aware of it.

Aspiring Member
    I sometimes wonder if Im not endangering myself by having to act so manly while wearing them, it also makes me feel almost MPD. But, we have hired a couple of really tough, but still feminine women in jobs that were previously held by men, and in a sense they are an example for me.

I find that the more I wear panties under my guy clothes, the less i am distracted by them! If you wanna wear panties to work but are "pre-occupied" when doing so, you just have to keep focus and eventually you will get used to it! Super relaxing!

-B.

I don't feel any of the confusion that people speak of. It is nice to look down and see that nylon covered ankle and to be able to reach down and feel the nylon throughout the day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

i feel like i'm being true to me, hidden, secret, an identity carried underneath as did Linda Danvers in the comic books.
    it's a mental thrill since becoming habituated as per tess-leigh, a delightful empowering mystery, i know something you don't, its a power of knowledge no one can have unless i choose to share it!
    to let you in.
    always felt disguised whilst growing
    encumbered in a bulky, unwanted other identity
    to which i could never find the zipper or fasteners.
    today, i carry my hidden superpowers where only i know if them!
    and you.
    as far as behaviour, was always called a fruit or worse for effeminate mannerisms which were by no means overboard, but picked up on.
    had to play my role better, gruff it up a bit.
    and ggs met me in the middle, up here in the mountains many act rather gender neutral, as people instead of women.
    that's okay though something's lost.
    so i'm a "sensitive," artistic guy and many of them are "liberated women"
    and i have a secret identity under my work uniform,
    fueling my enigmatic smile
    and energy.
    mmmmmmmmm,
    jesie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

It is definitely a little stress reliever when I take the opportunity to atleast
    wear panties at work and I actually find them more comfortable.
    I don't do it as much as I would like though.
    I've also worn sports bras to work and enjoyed that but it definitly takes some getting used to.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

No real problems to speak of

I am kind of like jessielee. It is my little secret that I enjoy, and I don't have to share it with anyone unless I for whatever reason feel compelled to. I don't have an issue of being underdressed as some have mentioned because I am still in that growing stage on my journey. I never wore anything out that much for most of my CD'ing. It was much more a sexual thing and fantasy. I have progressed in that now I really look forward to choosing what I will put on that day as I leave for work. I have to be discreet, and careful for various reasons. My wife does not know, and I work with students that are very observent. So being underdressed on a daily basis is what I classify as the next step on my journey. I have started to buy things that I will be comfortable with wearing out, and am slowly beginning to explore that new phase of being Lauren. I did get outed this week by an 8th grade male student. I changed from a right leg cross to a left leg cross and he noticed my grey trouser socks and asked why I wear that type of sock. Is it because you have circulation problems like my uncle? So I just went with that, and laughed at myself on the inside and then on the outside after we finished our session.

To accept ourselves at whatever mode we are in is the most important concept here. If all we can get away with on a daily basis is to underdress and that makes us happy and able to feel just a slight bit more feminine then I say go for it and enjoy it.

Panties at work, I say everyday!
    Lauren

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I feel that it is a way to express Stacey.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by 2b.Lauren View Post
    he noticed my grey trouser socks and asked why I wear that type of sock. Is it because you have circulation problems like my uncle? Lauren
    perhaps his uncle has a secret?
    seriously, i tried support hose as a busboy and it didn't seem to help and it only made me feel self conscious that it's what i secretly wanted, therefore it must be "wrong," so i stopped.
    but now, i wear tights to run on cold days. my daughter asked why and i answered they're light, cut the wind and chil and are comfortable. honest answer received at face value. how i wish we could wear what we waned why we wanted wthout it being questoned as a challenge to our culture's moral fabric of gender reasonability!
    dreamng,
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

I used to feel the 'distraction' you say you have. I just kept wearing them until, now, they are an afterthought, but I still enjoy them. I really don't want to go back to the mens boxers.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clara View Post
    I mean do you feel like a female?
    I underdress every day. Until I can be Sarah... full time it's the best I can do at work. The underwear I wear sometimes makes me feel confident, sometimes sexy, sometimes attractive, sometimes nothing at all. It's just what I wear, for me.

As to whether I feel like a female or not, I can only assume I do! I mean, what does a female feel like? Does she feel like me? Do I feel like her? Who knows!!!

As for acting feminine, well I no longer strive hard to act masculine. I've had no feedback to suggest that the result is being more feminine or otherwise.

Sarah...

I went to work yesterday underdressed. I had no problems fulfilling my job which is very much a mans job. (can't disclose) I could feel them in certain situations and would just laugh to myself. I would say overall I had a great day.
    No, those are my Panties]

Work hard and play hard. For now (the future I'm not sure about) I'm a bloke at work and a girl at the weekends. I do however wear female underwear because sometimes the girl underneath can really help the bloke at work!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I am self employed and under dress quite often , there are days I feel very feminine at work and other days that I can forget what I am wearing under my work uniform.
    I am careful of what I wear depending on what type of job I will be doing , like no welding with breast forms !
    Tomara

I occasionally sense my panties and femme hose (whatever it is I happen to be wearing that day) but I wouldn't consider it to be a distraction. I tend to forget I have panties on, though if I'm sitting down my pants tend to slide against them and I remember I am wearing panties.

One thing is that when I cross my legs, I have to make sure my stockings don't show between my shoes and the hem of my pants. I wear my pants long enough that with a little bit of thought, this isn't a problem.

Jenny

underdress at work

I taught school for years and wore my panties almost all the time, rarely did I wear mens undies unless I had a Dr appt. I was so accustomed to panties that I hardly noticed until I went to the RR. I did find that I did not enjoy being around men at school, especially the coaches.
    Chelle

Silver Member
    I have gone to work, and everywhere else for that matter, underdressed for the past 40 years. It just feels normal to me. I would never wear men's underwear as they look and feel terrible. I do not even own any of them.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile in the beginning I was very conscious of wearing panties, but

As time went by it became normal to wear panties and I felt uncomfortable wearing mens underwear. I am still conscious to some small degree that I wear panties, so I am careful of my choice of pants and blouse so that they don't peek out a little.

But I would never go back to wearing mens underwear ever. It's just to confining and too uncomfortable. Loving panties forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

I wear panties every day, and I usually don't think about it. But when I do, it's good to feel a little bit feminine.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam