Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: for the MTF'S ... CD'S ..TG'S ....TRANS.... only ...

Platinum Member

for the MTF'S ... CD'S ..TG'S ....TRANS.... only ...

how do you think of your self ????.... you know when your here or in your fem mode ..... what pronouns do you like and what pronouns do you take offense to?????...........

please no off topic silly things .... is it "HER" or "HIM"????????????........ how do you see your gender opposite self ????????.......

I would take no offense as being called whatever label anywhere in the TG-TS continuum. I would consider it as an excellent opportunity to explain more accurately who I am, and who we are as a community as well, and would jump into it !

Banned Read only
    When I'm dressed I like to think of myself as an attractive, well dressed middle aged woman. I like being called "Avril" and I prefer being referred to as "she" and "her".

I don't usually think of myself as either "him or her" but rather "me or I "

Now, when I'm fully "dressed" and out I'd rather be refered to as "she or her" but then, it sometimes happens that I'm "clocked" and all pretense is gone. I don't take offense if I'm refered to as "he" when I present as "she" , at times like that. It just means that I need to do a better job of presenting.

Thinking of myself as she or her or for that matter as he or him seems to me to indicate thinking in the third person. I guess I'm kinda in the middle when thinking or mentioning anything about myself.

Neither her or him but me.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I prefer to be called she and her or Vivian, do not like to be called him or he.

It is not a thing that i need to address very often but now you have made me think about it , i now find it hard or unusual to think of my male name in the sense that i have to stop and think for a second if i have to use it or if someone calls it as i prefer to be called and thought of by my wife as Joanne which she will put on cards and things, and sometimes if we are out she will just call me jo for short, so i do have to stop and think now what my male name is .
    So i really prefer Joanne , but as to Him or Her or His and Hers , preference i think would be Her or Hers but just see myself as a non descript person .

joanne

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    how do you think of your self ????.... you know when your here or in your fem mode ..... what pronouns do you like and what pronouns do you take offense to?????...........

please no off topic silly things .... is it "HER" or "HIM"????????????........ how do you see your gender opposite self ????????.......
    Well I don't think of myself as 'male' whatever that is, and I don't think I of myself as 'female' either. So I suppose for me, Tanya exists in a genderless netherworld somewhere between the two.
    As for pronouns I've not really had much opportunity to be called either or, although on one outing I was called a 'stupid cow' because I wouldn't speak to somebody (deep voice..slight give away ) I found that quite amusing, although in retrospect maybe I should have been offended...

Quote Originally Posted by tanya1976 View Post
    Well I don't think of myself as 'male' whatever that is, and I don't think I of myself as 'female' either.
    I'm kinda the same. I don't feel exactly right with male or female. When I'm femme and someone calls me my boy name, or when I'm with an old friend who calls me my girl name, that's cool because it makes me feel like they're OK with me however.

But obviously most of us would prefer to be called "her" when femme (or really anytime) by someone who isn't a very close friend, because calling us "him" indicates failure to express a feminine side.

I went to a support meeting with some t-girls a couple weeks ago. Afterwards we went to a club with a drag show. There was a guy there who kept trying to talk to me. He wasn't rude or anything. He bought me a couple drinks. Two drunk guys at the bar next to me were trying to hit on me (or so he thought), and he took it upon himself to tell them to shut up. So this guy was being really nice, but the funny thing was he kept calling all of us (four M2F girls) "him." It made him come off as pretty clueless, but at the same time it gave me the impression he was pretty new at picking up trannies.

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar
    deffinitly her. after all I am a girl on the inside, working more and more on the outside, (hormones, better skin care)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    When dressed I definitely think of myself as "she" & "her".
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I go by "she" and "her" when dressed.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post

I don't have a gender opposite self. I've been female for years. I just have a plumbing opposite body. The fact that I tried to rationalise myself to being male for years had no impact on my long term sense of self.

So, for me it's Sarah, she or her. Being referred to by my given name or he or him is uncomfortable. But it's not other people's fault that they do that so I answer to those terms. Because I can't yet jettison the old male persona (as seen by others) I also can't refuse to be addressed in those terms.

Sarah...

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    No problem.

When I'm in male mode it's "him".
    When I'm dressed its "her", please.

I once organised a meal for CDs and their partners, and the restaurant owner started calling everyone 'Monsieur'. I explained the above rule to her and said that it would be politer because there were three GGs among us and she might make a mistake. She looked around the room and replied: "O, yes, I see that now. Her, her and her."

But of course, she identified the wrong three!
    I agree with Katie and like she noted, sometimes you have to say something to people when they refer to you as he or him when dressed. I think most of the time it is done innocently and they are not sure how to refer to us.

Funny she picked the wrong three...imagine how the would have felt!

In either 'mode' of dress I think of myself as Me or I. Dressed either way, I dont see one or the other, I see both. I prefer to be adressed by whatever I may be presenting at the time though, it avoids confusion.
    Well behaved Women rarely make history

I have spent most of my life being "Him" playing a role that I did not like at all. When I am here, I am who I really am..."Her"

I am very comfortable here, my friends call me Jenni, gosh that makes me feel good.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Hi Wendy: I hesitated to respond to this because I'm clearly in the minority. I simply see myself as a "guy in a dress" and most times you'll find me in a skirt, hose, and heels and a workshirt or t-shirt. I wear a baseball hat most of the time that I'm awake. I've seen the label gender-bender but I thought the other day that a more appropriate label would be gender-blender. Although I do go out of the house occasionally I have had very little personal contact with the general public but I suppose I'd be o.k. with whatever they chose to address me by after all I'm a combination of sorts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie

Aspiring Member
    As a male, who prefers being male, (but one who likes to wear dresses and things) I feel very strange being referred to as her or she. As most of my life was very closeted, the idea of being referred to in the female never arose, and it is now very difficult to change in my senior years. My wife, who is quite accepting, never calls me Veronica, but recognizes when others do. I even have trouble referring to others as she or her, when I am aware that they are crossdressers, but I try to make the attempt and can usually use their femme name as that is how we are introduced. I even have difficulty using Gal, Sister and so on, on the internet.

But as a Canadian, in the metric north, I also have trouble thinking in meters, celcius and litres and prefer good old feet, fahrenheit and gallons.

As a "trans," I only consider myself a "her" or "she" or what have you and fully expect to be spoken to and treated as such.

Since I only crossdress for myself (I hope this changes in the future), I don't have the need to be addressed as a 'him' or a 'her'. I didn't even pick a feminine name for myself yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="3"]Life's what you make of it[/SIZE]

Dressed to please someone
    In my public life I act like a man, although no very macho way. So, even if I don't regard my inner identity totally male, I cannot expect anyting else than "he". When dressed it's definitely "she".

pronoun

When Dressed which is 99% of time I perfer heh or she or if more formal Miss or Mam .If I am casual and in jeans and a ambiguious top I am not offended by the male terms. I can understand that some folks are confused and can tell when it is an honest mistake or delibertly nasty so far 99.9% honest mistake the few times it has happened
    Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Since I have not been out of the closet publicly, I can't honestly say I have thought about it. But, I think if I an dressed as a woman, I would like to be refered to by the gender terms typically used for women. I can tell you that when I dress, most of the time I see myself as a 'guy in women's'.

KarenS
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Annette,

I noticed your signature sub-line ""It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle".

I couldn't agree more.

KarenS
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Being firmly in the closet, I never had a need to use a specific pronoun. Now that I found this site it has be nice to hear my female name being used in postings , etc. So carrying that logic through i guess that I would prefer to be called she or by Trisha if I was out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I will probably come back and edit this one which is not as straightforward as it seems at first blush.

With this forum on display I interact as "She".
    Dressed and outside, the "me" is definitely "She".
    Dressed and inside the house I am not too sure.

In the male mode the "me" is mostly (but certainly not all), "he"

~Samm