Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First purchase

Question First purchase

Ok, if you haven't read my intro posts you don't know that I just started experimenting with this side of myself this past weekend with some support from my wife.

So....today, I stopped into an exotic store and bought myself some thigh highs, a garter belt and some sexy panties. I made sure I wore my wedding ring and told the sales associate that I was buying it for my wife to spice up our sex life....which is half true at least. I do not have anything else of my own but fortunately my wife loves seeing me in one of her dresses.

My question is....

What was your first purchase on your own as a CD and how in the heck did you work up the nerve to do so!?

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I'm starting to think i should get a fake wedding ring or something so I can use the wife excuse, too.
    My first purchase that required nerve was in kind of a low key thrift joint and it was close to Halloween. :D

I must have paced back and forth for half an hour thinking, looking suspicious.
    >.>

But when all was over I was pretty satisfied. I got like some kind of blue leather dress thingy. Threw it out long ago, though.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

years ago I bought through catalogs, now online, no ?'s asked or implied

Thanks to the internet, I no longer need to worry about being embarrassed in person, but as a teen, I remember getting a few things on my own in a department store. I forgot the name of a store (something with "Basement" in it), but it was pretty big, with the male section on the left, and female section on the right. I picked it because shoe shelves in the male section, were right next to female lingerie section, so I could pretend I'm looking at shoes while checking out my true obsession on the other side of the shelves. I am ashamed to admit, I've never paid for my first "purchase" - I stuffed a lacy thong in my pocket, and left. Looking back, I can't believe how dumb that was - that store had cameras, and only by sheer luck I got away with it. I can only imagine the humiliation I would have to go through if I were caught - not to mention my parents finding out, since I was a minor. Come to think of it - it would make a good TG story.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My first purchase was a garterbelt and stockings (panties, too? I don't remember) at a small store in a resort town. I accomplished this by presenting a "note" spposedly from my mother with the items listed, and sizes, too, I guess. This was in the late fifties or very early sixties. Looking back, I have no idea how I got the nerve to do it. I was only 16 or 17 at the time. I REALLY wanted to dress up!!!! I remember that the sales lady was very nice and I think she thought I was being very helpful. Of course, she may have known what I was up to but she didn't let on if so.
    Since then, I really haven't worried too much about buying in a store. Having sizes (and styles, if you know them) written down make it easy to ask for or accept help from the sales people. I have never had an unpleasant encounter in a store. Just act like you know what you are doing.

Have fun shopping!!! Joyce S

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My first purchase was a long straight black skirt with a kind of fish tail bottom.
    Unfortunately it didn't look as good on me as the display picture in the store.
    Not having hips can be a bit of a problem sometimes.

I totally identify with Trinity's comment about looking at guy things near a women's display, I 've done this so many times in my life.

Angel

I didn't actually purchase my first item either which was a pair of white nylon pettipants that I shoplifted from a 99 cent store! I then went on to purchase items from the sears and wards catologs. At that time I would still purchase somewhat generic items such as nylon pajamas in blue. Boy did I miss the boat as there was so much great nylon lingerie in the 70's still. I still get turned on seeing the images from the 60's & 70's catolog offerings! I still prefer that style of lingerie that is multi-colored and very slithery nylon. I LOVE IT!

vernna
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty in PA
    Ok, if you haven't read my intro posts you don't know that I just started experimenting with this side of myself this past weekend with some support from my wife.

So....today, I stopped into an exotic store and bought myself some thigh highs, a garter belt and some sexy panties. I made sure I wore my wedding ring and told the sales associate that I was buying it for my wife to spice up our sex life....which is half true at least. I do not have anything else of my own but fortunately my wife loves seeing me in one of her dresses.

My question is....

What was your first purchase on your own as a CD and how in the heck did you work up the nerve to do so!?
    My first purchased was about 20 years ago thru a catalog. Since then I realized that buying women's clothing is pretty easy if you shop during the special holiday seasons and a birhtday celebration. Also my wife of 7 years has helped me shop for clothes also.

vernna
    I do love that feeling of slithery. Its such a turn on sometimes and I feel so ****ty. But I also like just the comtemporary bra, panties, Tshirt and shorts.

If I remember right, my first femme purchase for myself by myself (not counting a pair of slippers) was my first wig, from a costume shop in a mall about 3 years ago, and I did try it on. It was midlength wavy bleached blonde with a style name of Marilyn. Eventually the cap stretched out and it wore out, but that was my first.

Jadeanne

The first time I every bought anything female was when wife and I were moving to Virginia. I had to go ahead and the company I worked for got me a furnished apartment to live in. In the local mall was a Victoria Secrects and one day I just strolled in and started looking at things. A sales lady came over and asked if I needed any help. I said yes, I wanted to buy something nice for my wife. She showed me a lot if items, asked if I knew her size, and I bought a really nice silky short nite gown and matching robe. Cost me about $60.00 but I slept in it every night until the house sold and I had to fly back and get the wife.

I have been purchasing items through mail order since I was a teenager living at home. A few years ago, I began making purchases online.
    I was always too self-conscious to shop in person, until I realized that I had been buying clothing for many years for my wife and other SO's with no such fear. So, now I do much of my shopping (too much so lately!) in person. Maybe one day, I'll manage to shop as Sharon.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

My first purchase was pantyhose at a grocery store. After I got comfortable buying those, I bought some panties at a dollar store one day. Not much of a selection there... My first garment purchase was at a discount store. I bought a dress and a bra for halloween. The clerk helped me select clotes to try on. She would look at me in them and give me her opinion. She thought I should have bought a huge bra and been more busty. She didn't know I wanted to look good, not funny. She never thought it was odd that I was wearing pantyhose when I would come out in a dress. Later that week, I bought my heels. After that, it was on. Openly buying and trying on women's clothes in the store was a new and exciting thing for me.

My first purchase was a pair of frilly panties at a small shop near my university hall of residence - I was so nervous I nearly fainted in the store! The assistant must have known they were for me I was so red and nervous

That was 25 years ago, and how things move on! Yesterday I was browsing in an Ann Summers shop in the local shopping centre, and I had picked out an adorable cami & knickers set in pink floral. The assistant asked me what size 'she' was, and I use the tactic suggested by one of the other girls here, and said "About my size, really". She asked if they were for me, I said they were, and she helped pick out the best sizes of the cami and knickers, and then showed me to the changing room to try them on - heaven! (The cami was not the right size, but the knix were to adorable and I bought them)

Try it girls - it is such a rush to admit the lovely things are for you, and it is so easy with the 'about my size' line

Love

Annabel

Glamour
    Last edited by Glamour; 06-07-2005 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty in PA
    My first purchase alone was a pair of 4" knee high boots.

Mmm... I loved those boots.

Pity i purged them

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

The former Melissa I Michelle I's Avatar

Talking

I don't remember my first purchase, probably by mail order BUT I do remember my first purchase at Lane Bryant. I was shopping in male mode, I tried the usual "she is the same size as me" but the sales girl would not believe me. I finally told her that it was for me, from there she had me trying on a lot of outfits and spending way too much money. It was a great day only to be followed by many more. I shop both in male mode and sometimes Melissa gets the chance. I love to buy , I spend way too much money and have way to many clothes and shoes.

Melissa

I think, as it was so long ago, it was a package of pantties. Being married I had no problem in making such a purchase. However, when I bought my first matching bra and panty set, it was a little different. There was just something about buying a bra. Now I just go and get what I want anywhere I want.
    DonnaT

Platinum Member
    panty hose ...my frist walked in looking at brands and sizes ....almost walked out but i just needed to have them from then on i can do anything i want when shopping if you don't mind no one else will and if thay do f.....them............

First Purchase

Hi Pretty,

My first purchase was pantyhose from the grocery store. That was before the internet. Most of my clothing has been purchased from Lane Bryant catalog.

Vivian

It was so long ago, I couldn't possibley remember. Many purges later, I'm sure whatever it was, it's mulch now. At least I know I'll never purge again. I'd better not. This wardrobe is getting huge.

There are alot of threads here about the fear of buying, with some good advice. All I can say is that over time, that fear will evaporate. I buy anything I want, anywhere. But I admit I wasn't always that way. Just remember, the more nervous you act, the worse you make it. And most people just don't care. Good luck.

Hugs,

Melissa

U gotta get.........................

HI All: Pretty in PA U should go and buy a lottery ticket right away U R so lucky. U can't wear a dress without a bra, U should have a cute panty over your garterbelt, and they should all be matching color if not style.

Did U get an elastic gartebelt or a proper close in the back with hookNeye type? Now U need to know your size for a bra and do U want to wear forms or feel the lace cups againist your breasts? If U don't want to wear forms, and by the way if U want to ever wear it under your clothes without being read try a minimizer style as they have the cups cut down on volume proportionately for the diameter of the underwire.

If U go out underdressed, your wife will love knowing U R wearing a bra and say pantygirdle with thigh highs so then U will need a slip, kind of a short one, but not a half slip. That will mute the bra outline and make your nipples less noticable if they tend to get excited from the lace againist your skin, especially when she rubs your nipples discreeetly and pops your garter strap.

Gosh, talk about ancient history! It would have to be after i left home, so at least 25 years ago!

Now, thinking, thinking, think... i suspect it was a pair of pantyhose (no lycra in those days) and a cheap pair of black 2" heels from k-mart if my memory serves me correctly.

I had worn my Mum's clothing while living at home, but she didn't have any decent shoes that fit me, so my first purchase was for shoes -was desperate to get a feel for wearing womens high heel shoes.

Wow, that brings back the early days of crossdressing - and a lot of purges since!

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    First off, I like "pretty in pa" much better than confused. Take your time finding the name you are comfortable with.

As for the first item I bought, thats hard as me and my wife always shop together. I see what I like point it out to her and say Charlene would love that. I am sure that many of the other women in the stores have wondered about the husband so interested in shopping with his wife . Next time we go to shop for clothes though, Charlene is going so she can try some things on before buying.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

all bluff

when I shop for fem clothes, I just mix it up, sometimes I even toss in something totally absurd and unconnected, like my last department store purchase:
    silk robe
    pretty blue shirt
    bike lock.